Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. C P Sree KumarYour feedback matters!
My right leg got accident 6 years before, during accident my ankle, ligament teared, but now my ankle more pain, what can I do?
This is the question most elderly patients from all walks of life ask me, be it a learned advocate or the local farmer.
Guess the answer? it is a big yes!
Knee osteoarthritis is the wear and tear that happens in the knee joint. At times we fail to understand that our knees also age along with us! so they may not be in a situation to behave the save way they behaved 20 years back, when you used cycle or trot a few miles to your school or college or the way you were comfortable squatting or kneeling whether it is fit sanitary purposes or religious causes
The fact is the knees have to be tamed well and should not be battered the same way as it was a few decades back!
Now coming to our original discussion, yes, you are allowed to walk!
But how do you do it when you are already suffering from pain?
You could rest your knees for a few days - usually a week, if you have severe pain. Your doctor could help you with some low dose pain killer tablets and ointments. On top of it all, the single best way to reduce your knee pain is lifestyle modifications!
What's the lifestyle modification we are talking about?
1) no climbing up or down stairs!
2) no sitting on and getting up from the floor!
3) no kneeling! and
4) a big no to squatting in the toilet!
Doctor, you must be kidding! how am I supposed to live without these?
Restrict the number of times you climb stairs.
Use a chair/sofa to sit! at unavoidable situations, use a stable support to sit on the floor and then to get up! do not place too much stress on your knees when you get up from the floor!
Absolutely no kneeling! for religious prayers, use a shall flat stool to sit and offer your prayers, but do not kneel!
Use a western (raised) toilet commode for sanitation! if you can't afford to change your present indian ones, use a wooden/plastic raised seat with a central opening temporarily until you can arrange a permanent raised one!
Should I spend time walking or not?
Yes you should!
Walking helps to rebuild the joint!
Walking strengthens the thigh and leg muscles!
Walking helps you lose weight!
Walking keeps your body active and prevents lethargy!
Last but not the least!
Walking pacifies the mind and prevents psychological problems!
So what are you waiting for?
Get out your shoes and burn your calories!
Is there any chance of getting arthritis at the age of 22 the patient is not obese young girl. Please advise.
I am resting now after acetabulum surgery. I can not move my leg to all positions. I feel like it's stuck. What can I do? Will it become normal?
I am 20 years old male I have several back pain and I can't able to sit in one place for more than 10 minutesWhat kind of treatment is needed to cure the problem?
I'm a law and company secretary student so I have to write big long 3 hour exams .During my exams I can finish my paper on time filling 32-35 sides of the answer book. But once I come home my right hand pains from my elbow to my fingers specially my forearm and palms. It stays for a day and the next morning it's fine again. I have exams back to back and it's distracting for me to again come home and start studying for back to back papers. What can be done about it? Why is it suddenly happening when I never faced such an issue for any exams earlier. Kindly help.
Hi I have recently done with acl reconstruction surgery of my right knee. Its almost more than 2 months ago. I am taking cartigen; calcium k2 & citravite medicines as prescribed by doctor. So can I take calcium & glucosamine & daily tablets of anyway nutrilite instead of that tablets. Or can you suggest any product of amway nutrilite.
Hello every one 23 years male here I am suffering from knee pain I took many tests doctors concluded that this is reverse arthritis how should I take care of myself will you please suggest me than in advance.
Slip disk is a condition of the spinal column which consists of a stack of vertebras from the cervical, thoracic and the lumbar spine.The bones of the spine are cushioned by disks that are present to absorb shocks. Trauma to the spine may cause the disk to bulge or be ruptured. This may lead to pain in the neck and the back.
Causes of slip disk
Slip disk is caused when the jelly like substance present in the disks bulges out. The damaged disk thus puts pressure on the adjacent nerve causing excruciating pain. The various causes of a slipped disk are:
1. Incorrect form during exercise: If you are into weight lifting, it is important that you use proper form during exercising. Moves like barbell squat and deadlifts can put pressure on the spine and lead to disk problems, if not done correctly. Make sure you work on your core strength and keep your lower back straight while exercising.
2. Smoking: Smoking causes the disks to lose their flexibility and thus, increases the risk of slipped disk.
3. Ageing: Ageing decreases the content of water in the spine, thus leading to inflexibility.
The symptoms of slip disk are:
1. Pain on one side of the body that tends to aggravate over time
2. Activities such as sitting and coughing may lead to pressure on the spine causing pain
3. Your range of motion on certain movements may be restricted
4. Pain in the neck while moving it
5. Numbness in the shoulder and the neck region
6. You may experience tingling sensations in the genitals, hips and the legs
7. You may have muscles spasms which lead to sudden contraction of the muscles
8. It may also lead to partial paralysis of the lower body
1. If you are overweight, try to reduce weight and then focus on maintaining healthy weight levels
2. Maintain proper posture while sitting or standing
3. Exercise on a regular basis to build strength and keep your joints healthy
4. Don't remain in seated position for an extended period of time. Take small breaks in between to stretch