Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. C. MeenambalYour feedback matters!
I married women. Since 7-8 months I have problem in intercourse with my husband. After intercourse I have so much pain in my vagina for 2 -3 days after intercourse. Me and my husband intimate once a month only. This problem is not regular but when we have sex then after this problem occur. Please tell me what I do?
Sabja seeds or falooda seeds or tukmaria or basil seeds
Sabza seeds is known by the names sabja seeds or falooda seeds or tukmaria or basil seeds.
The seeds look similar like black sesame seeds and are a bit smaller comparatively and you need to soak them in water. 2 minutes of the seeds in water and you can see it absorbing the water and become jelly like. You can eat it as it is with a spoon. While the outer layer will be soft and smooth like jelly, the center will be crunchy like when you eat seeds. They are most commonly used in making falooda, added to sherbets, milkshakes and other drinks. Basil seed does not have taste of their own but they give a good texture to the dish and make it healthy too.
Basil seeds have many health benefits:
- They are cooling and thats why they are added to many cooling drinks like falooda, rooh afza, nimbu pani and sherbets.
- They are good for sore throats, cold and respiratory disorders.
- Very good for digestion especially in a hot climate.
- Basil seeds are a natural laxative which helps to cure constipation that is caused by excess body heat during summer.
- They prevent heartburn and also relieves a bloated stomach which results from incorrect eating habits, also reduces nauseous feeling and controls vomiting.
- It is known to cure for urinary tract problems which are once again normal during peak summer time.
- It is an excellent natural body coolant.
- The seeds have a diuretic action and flush the kidneys.
- Sabja seeds have a calming effect on the brain. They relieve stress, tension, mental fatigue, depression and migraine. They also aid in enhancing the mood.
- Chewing sabja or tukmaria seeds cure mouth ulcers and other infections of the mouth. They also help fight plaque and cavities.
How to use?
Soak them in water for 30 mins. Once they absorb the water, a translucent gelatin like coating is formed around them. Strain and then use these soaked seeds in drinks, coolers, sherbets, ice creams, falooda or kulfis. Remember to add enough water, otherwise the soaked seeds become lumpy when they start swelling.
Try having 1tbsp of sabja seeds this summer for the cool cool effect.
Hello sir, after marriage I had taken the combination of mifepristone and misoprostol 2 or 3 times in yearly for unwanted pregnancy. It can be possible in future to happen any side effect for next pregnancy?
Hi I am 22 Years old, I am married, I'm pregnant, when my husband puts finger in my vaginas it starts burning sensation, itching & starts paining Can some one help me out.
Sometimes my vagina releases fluid when I wash it feel excited suddenly fluid release when I wash my clitoris does it losses my vagina as m not virgin.
I am 32 year old my last lmp is 28 fab but still not come sometimes my ovaries get pain that time I thought lmp is coming but only white going few times then every thing is ok I check in month of april 1st week but report is negative, am i pregnant because I heard in pregnancy vomiting is happen but I eat every thing my tummy is also increasing please give suggestion.
Me & my wife is try to conceive about 6 months. We have lost a issue at past. Almost 1 year. Try to pregnant but no result. Recently my wife s seen a small swelling area at right breast at outer part. Consult our gynecologist, he says don't worry. He is no medicine for this. please solve my problems.
Hi my wife has faced miscarriage three months back. DNC was performed. Now the doctor has prescribed ovigyn dsr tablets. She has been taking it from last twelve days. She has also grade I fatty liver. There is continously pain in her abdomen on right side. Is it safe for her to get pregnant and why is the pain there ?
Hello. Me and my girl had sex on 10th of Feb. Her date cycle for last month was 23rd of Feb. She didn't got menstrual till now. For confirmation, we checked with home preg test and the result was negative. She still feels that she might be preg. So I bought misoprostol (200mcg). Should she wait for some more time for her menstrual or she can use the tablet? Also can I consult anyone personal in Hyderabad?
Dear doctor I have delivered a baby girl three months ago. I feel pain in my left breast. and sometime the pain was unbearable what can I do for it. Is it normal or have some problem.
- Do give your child snacks that are low in sugar like vegetables, fruit cheese, or cereals. These do not cause tooth decay like sweet snacks do.
- Do limit snacking between meals. When eating many snacks, the acid in the mouth is high. High acid levels can help make a cavity.
- Do limit the eating of soft, sticky sweets that get on and in between the teeth, like chewy candy or raisins. Sticky foods stay in the mouth longer and the acid can decay the tooth.
- Do brush your teeth after eating. It is important to prevent getting cavities. Wait 30 minutes after eating before you brush.
- Do try to avoid sugary foods like gum, hard candies, and suckers that stay in the mouth for a long time.
- Do reduce the damage that can be caused by sweets by serving sweets with other foods or drink. Saliva or water in the mouth helps reduce the damage sugar can cause to the teeth.