Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. C. Meenambal
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. C. MeenambalYour feedback matters!
Dr. C. Meenambal Feeds
Hello Doctor, I am married for 2.5 years and came to know that I have pcod my doctor has prescribed normoz twice a day. My cycle is regular but was not able to conceive for the last 6 months can you help me with your suggestion.
Hello doctor, I hv autoimmune disorder along with suffering from pcod problem, please suggest me some medicine and test for further treatment.
Metabolic Bone Disease is a term used for various conditions of the bones that can be caused by a number of different disorders. Most of these disorders are developed due to nutritional deficiencies, defects in the bone metabolism procedure or due to hereditary defects in the skeletal structure. Conditions that fall under the category are osteoporosis, osteomalacia, rickets, Paget's disease, parathyroid conditions, chemotherapy induced bone loss and menopause induced bone loss.
Causes of Metabolic Bone Diseases:
- Imbalance in the level of calcium : Too much calcium or too little calcium can cause bone diseases. While the overabundance of calcium (hypercalcemia) in the body will lead to calculi formation, which can be harmful for the body, the lack of calcium (hypocalcemia) causes weakness, bone pain and restricted growth.
- Deficiency of phosphorus: Low phosphorus in blood (hypophosphatemia) leads to softening of the bone tissue and bone loss. Osteomalacia is commonly caused by phosphorus deficiencies.
- Deficiency of Vitamin D: Vitamin D is essential for the body to absorb calcium. Cells called osteoblasts need vitamin D in order to absorb calcium and secrete the bone tissue proteins. A deficiency of vitamin D can lead to a number of metabolic bone diseases like rickets and osteoporosis.
- Over or under secretion of the parathyroid hormone:The parathyroid hormone (PTH) stimulates the secretion of an enzyme, which converts the inactive circulatory form of vitamin D into its active usable form. The hormone can also increase the circulation of free or ionized calcium (Ca2+), which is not attached to proteins. Both underproduction and overproduction of the hormone causes skeletal problems.
Symptoms of Metabolic Bone Diseases:
The symptoms of most of the Metabolic Bone Diseases are similar, such as
- A dull, throbbing pain in the bones is the most common symptom. The pain is frequent and lasts for a long amount of time, but unlike muscular pain, the exact region of bone pain cannot be specified.
- Severe joint pains accompanied by stiffness and swelling of the joints. The patient experience pain during regular physical activities, especially during cold weather conditions.
- Frequent fractures are caused by most bone diseases because the bone mineral density decreases drastically. Severe bone injury may be caused by mild trauma.
- Defects in the bones can cause bowed out legs and a bent backbone.
- A general feeling of exhaustion is often caused by bone diseases.
- Kidney stones are an associated complication of metabolic bone diseases.
Meri age 26 h meri abhi delivery hui h or meri breast loose ho gyi h iske liye m kya kru please suggest me.
Hi, I have a pimple on the centre of my breast and it's paining. Is this is a serious problem? How can I get rid of this pimple?
My gf and I had a sex and now she is not having her periods her last late was 21 june she has tested with prega news 2 times it is negative what should she do to get periods what medicine should she take please help us.
I vomited after 8 hours of taking unwanted 72. Is there any chance that I had vomited the pill also should I take another pill or is it ok? In how many hours unwanted works?
Hello I have a pain in my abdominal area and also sometime in lower .It has severe sometime. Tender to touch. During period and after periods it occur .Sometime it goes for 2 days. Sometimes vomiting also hppn. I can't cooperate VD the pain. The amount of bleeding is normal and periods last for 5_6 days. What to do .And tell me if I go for USG .How much it cost. What is the treatment for this.
Eye packs are an indication of weariness. They shape because of liquid develop under your eyes, which could be caused by a few reasons, including absence of rest, stress, hypersensitivities and, let's be honest, celebrating a bit too hard. On the off chance that puffy eyes have turned into a steady piece of your composition, you should attempt to discover the purpose for the issue. Eye sacks do not just look awful – they are your body's method for demonstrating to you that you have to roll out a few improvements to your way of life and get more rest. Still, in the event that they just attack your face sporadically, there are some tried common approaches to dispose of under eye swelling.
Salt makes your body hold more water than typical, the outcome being that you feel bloated. This is valid for all aspects of the body, including the eyes. Disposing of salt from your eating regimen is difficult; however, it has numerous health and excellence benefits. You should likewise read the sustenance data on bundled nourishments, the same number of them contain extensive amounts of salt.
2. Squint Away
Amid the substantial phases of rest, or REM rest, you flicker significantly not as much as should be expected. The reason for squinting is not exclusively to hydrate and ensure your eyes when you are conscious, additionally, do scatter the liquids around your eyes. Repetitive eye sacks may imply that you do not sufficiently squint in your substantial rest. What you can do is squint quickly for 30 seconds after awakening.
3. Drink more Water
To accelerate your digestion and ensure puffy eyes never trouble you again, drink no less than two liters (a large portion of a gallon) of water each day. Remaining hydrated is vital for every real capacity and can do ponders for your looks. On the off chance that you are one of those individuals who do not care for drinking water, you can set an alert, at roughly one-hour interims, that reminds you to do it. Keep in mind that juices and different refreshments cannot substitute water.
On the off chance that there is one great embellishing strategy, this must be it. Cucumber cuts are not just for appear, they can really enable you to dispose of eye packs. This flavorfully new veggie contains vitamin C, Caffeic corrosive and silica, all of which forestall water maintenance and swelling. Chill two or three cucumber cuts in the cooler and apply to your eyes for 10 minutes.
Puffy eyes are no major ordeal by any means, if you have a few potatoes lying around. You can utilize potatoes simply like cucumbers – cut them up into thin cuts, chill in the cooler for a bit and place on your eyelids for 10 minutes. This top-notch root contains a great deal of starch, which assists with swelling and aggravation.
Concerning eye sacks, the appropriate response is dependably tea. Chamomile and green tea are not just relieving refreshments, they are additionally brilliant embellishing instruments. Locate a quiet, peaceful place where you can taste your tea, while applying the chilled tea-packs on your eyes. Remain like that for 10-15 minutes to mitigate puffy eyes.
7. Egg White
Egg whites are a nutritious, without cholesterol breakfast; however, they can likewise, be consolidated into your Cosmetic regimen. On the off chance that eye packs have been troubling you, beat a couple of egg whites in a bowl; however as opposed to pouring them in the container, spread them over your eyes with a brush. Hold up around 20 minutes until the point when the blend dries and your skin begins feeling more tightly, at that point wash with lukewarm water.
Milk is yet another nutritious substance that can work ponders for decorating your eyes. Plunge two cotton balls or a towel in warm (however not hot) milk and apply to your eyelids. Remain like this for 15-20 minutes to alleviate the anxiety and pressure from your eyes.
In the event that you have a driving forward eye pack issue, all you require are two or three spoons. Stop them overnight at that point, in the morning, apply to your eyes until the point that they are not cool any longer. On the off chance that you need to see critical change in your composition, rehash for no less than two weeks.