Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Nephrologists in India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. C.M.Thiyagarajan
Submit a review for Dr. C.M.ThiyagarajanYour feedback matters!
I am having headache, hair Katne ke baadse please batao or mere pet me gurde me pathri hui hai. Please advice
My mother aged 75 (widow) has been suffering from frequent urination since last six months. Before that she was a mild stoke. Now she is taking oral drugs: telmikind-am (1 tab daily after breakfast) & deplatt a 75 (1 tab at night). What is the remedy for such frequent urination?
Urinary calculus is commonly known as kidney stones. In ayurvedic literature it is referred as mutrashmari. Mutra means urine, ashmari means stone. It is a troublesome complaint which may become an emergency at any point of time. Though it is a structural condition, ayurveda offers varieties of remedies and treatment regimen.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of basil leaves juice with 1 teaspoon of honey, mix, take it early in morning
- Take 4 teaspoon horse gram, add half litre of water, hit his mixture up to it reduces to one fifth, collect soup, add 2 teaspoon crushed pomegranate seeds, mix, filter and take once a day.
- Take glass of tomato juice with pinch of salt and pipper every morning.
- Take watermelon juice daily.
- Take glass of lemon juice 4 times a day.
- Take 3 g gokhru (gokshura) and 7 g kulthi (horse gram), soak for 6 hours in a liter of water, in morning boil to reduce half, filter and take this in a day at regular intervals.
- Boil 2 figs- anjeer in a cup of water and take it in early morning.
- Regularly take celery.
- Drink plenty of purified water, coconut water, barley water every day.
Chronic kidney disease or CKD is the decreased function of the function of the kidney for a minimum of three months or more. In this the end stage renal disease usually refers to the end of the kidney function where the kidneys work for less than 15% of what they are supposed to. The kidneys play a vital role in the human body and if they do not function properly then a person can die. The functioning of many organs depends on the kidneys. However, the main function of the kidneys is to remove the products and regulate blood and water, control blood pressure, promote healthy and strong bones, and produce hormones.
Here are 5 facts about kidney disease you should know about:
1. Causes of the kidney disease: There are two main common causes of the end-stage kidney disease. These are preventable causes. These are diabetes and high blood pressure, but then kidney disease can be caused by other inherited diseases such as infection, trauma or polycystic kidney disease.
2. Serious Stages: The kidney disease has five stages and stage 5 is known as the end stage renal disease; this is the point where patients usually need dialysis or kidney transplant to lead a sane life. The stages of kidney disease are:
Stage 1 – Slight kidney disease
Stage 2 – Mild decrease in kidney function
Stage 3 – Moderate decrease in kidney function
Stage 4 – Severe decrease in kidney function
Stage 5 – End stage renal disease
3. Detection of the disease: Kidney disease is usually difficult to detect because of the presence of very few symptoms. Age, gender along with the blood test is one way to determine information regarding kidney function. The people who are at a risk of getting kidney disease are:
- Over the age of 55 years
- People who suffer from hypertension and diabetes
- Ethnic groups such as Asians, Africans, Americans, Pacific Islanders and Hispanics
4. Signs and Symptoms: CKD is usually considered to be a silent disease and many people don’t know that they are suffering from the disease. The signs and symptoms of the disease are:
- Fatigue and weakness
- Nausea, vomiting and loss of appetite
- Numbness and headaches in hand and feet
- Frequent urination
5. Renal Replacement Treatment: This is the treatment for the end stage of the kidney disease. Dialysis involves the replacement of some part of the lost function of the kidneys and is usually continued throughout life. There are 2 types of dialysis:
- Hemodialysis: This cleans the blood via an artificial kidney which is hooked to the machine
- Peritoneal Dialysis: This removes the excess water and waste products and cleans the blood of the body by using the peritoneal cavity as a filter.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.