Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Nephrologists in India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. C.M.ThiyagarajanYour feedback matters!
My mother is 70 years old. She was admitted to hospital and was diagnosed with UTI. She was discharged after 7 days after her TLC came back to 11000 from 37000. Yesterday she again had vomits. 99.5 fever. Can it be UTI again. She was given Pipzo & Meropenem for 6 days.
Dear Doctor, My baby has grade 5 vesicoureteral reflux in both ureters and mild inflammation of right kidney. She is only 2 months old and surgery cannot be performed till she is one year old. I'm very worried. Please help and give your expert advice. Thanks tejas.
In summers I suffer with Urine infection problem. Please tell some home remedy. Its painful to urinate.
I have bilateral kidney. Doctor advised me to drink more water and to eat egg. But I am vegetarian. What should I do?
Did Stone in any where in urinary tract from urethra to kidneys lead to weight loss? And Did stone can block urine (10% urine comes) without pain in bladder? Thank You.
My age is 24. I have burning irritation in urethra and tingling under foreskin. I have low or none morning erection (hard morning erection in 10 days 1 time). In day I have got rock hard erection. I am taking flomax and levoflox for last 1 month by urologist but not give so benefit. But last 2 days I am not taking medicine. And last 2 days drinking Turmeric milk at night and feel some relief in irritation. But today night after 1/2 hour of drinking turmeric milk my semen (some gum type liquid) comes automatically (I am not sleep at time) and also do not masturbate from last 1 month. Why semen come after drinking turmeric milk? It is any problem?
I have sgpt and spot increase in lft. I am non alcoholic. Is this dangerous. It reduce and again increase. I started walking my urine is yellow in colour. My billoubrian some time increase and some times decrease. Please help.
I am 18 years old. My semen come with urine regularly but in small amount. I doesn't have any night fall. Please help me.
Small cortical cyst in left kidney measured 16mm x 16 mm in size, enlarged liver (17 cm) with grade 'I' fatty changes, excess bowel gas.
I'm 44 years old female and i'm getting urine infection and it cause lot of pain in back and stomach it's getting worse so please help me any remedies or else any medication.
A kidney transplant is a surgical procedure where your kidneys are cleansed and rebuild using the kidneys of a deceased person, in order to flush out the excessive waste fluids from the kidneys. It is of paramount importance and your dietary patterns and lifestyle should be altered after you go through a kidney transplant. Your dietician will help you out by preparing your diet chart to clearly list out the foods that you should consume and those which you should avoid after the surgery. The diet chart that would be prepared for you would be highly subjective and it would totally depend on your lifestyle, medical history, family health records, genetically transmitted conditions and such others. Apart from improving the condition of your kidney and assisting your transplant, the diet chart will also help you to lose weight, boost your metabolism and enhance your immune system. Some of the most common recommendations that your dietician may give you are as follows:
- Eating at least 5 full servings of fresh fruits and vegetables each day as both are an important part of a healthy diet for a person who has just undergone a kidney transplant. The vegetables should mostly be eaten after cooking/boiling as per the suggestions of your dietician.
- Having enough of fiber rich foods in your daily diet is essential as it speeds up the process of digestion and prevents constipation by promoting frequent and easy bowel movements.
- If you are a non-vegetarian, then you should be going for lean meat alternatives which are low on fat and high on nutritional value. Examples of such meat are fishes and poultry. Additionally, you should also avoid all kinds of red meat as it is high on fat.
- Consume low-fat milk and dairy products as they help to prevent the fat accumulation inside the body and also maintain an acceptable level of calcium and phosphorus inside your body.
- Maintain a low level of iodized salt in your meals, as it helps to keep your blood pressure under control.
- Over the counter health supplements like vitamins and proteins can also be taken, if recommended by your dietician.