Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
My husband has a problem of very frequent mouth ulcers. The ulcers very painful and lasts more than 1.5 week. Our observation shows that it is not due to acidity or constipation.
I haven't been able to sleep since many days and I am having teeth pain, I have tried multiple home remedies but didn't work, what to do? Please help me!
I lately developing brown colour plag or dot in base of lower front teeth? That looks creepy and I don't smoke or not even gutkha and all.
There is a black dot in my tooth (molars area) how can I remove that? It being noticed by people when I talk with them please help me.
I have irritating (dryness, burning) feeling in my mouth, tongue and inside of lower lips from the yesterday last night. I need help?
Hi! This is santosh anand. I have been facing a problem with a damaged chewing tooth for last few years. I had met a doctor in Bangalore 5 years ago and she did the treatment through root canal process and all was good after that. But from last 6-8 months all the filled part of that tooth is disappeared. And tooth is dead so far as I felt. So it's creating lots of problems during having food and even after that. And now scaring that it may affect the adjacent teeth. So please make me aware abt the procedures through which I can replace that tooth and how much money I need to spend in replacing that tooth. Thanks.
My teeth pains when I drink or eat cold foods. It is very sensitive and I can't enjoy cold stuffs please help.
I am unable to take breathe comfortably. Sometimes I am taking my breathe with my mouth. What is remedy for this?
Sir I am having bad breath problem. Please suggest me what to do? M feel very embarrassing to talk with anyone. please help me. Thanks.
As I heard that if I will make my all teeth clean by doctor and remove the black spot also, it will make my teeth very week. Is this true or just misconception? Please answer me clearly and frankly. I am totally confused. Thanks,
Mild to severe tooth pain can turn out to be debilitating and damaging condition if it is persistent. Also, the pain can spread to the rest of the head and give you an uncomfortable ache and tingling sensation all day long. So what are the causes behind tooth pain? Here's our list!
- Tooth Decay: The presence of food debris that has not been cleaned out can stay on and cause cavities and persistent tooth pain. This condition can also make the teeth extra sensitive and pain then emanates as a natural response to signify that all is not well in the area. This can also lead to sharp pain when bite an apple or munch on nuts. One must see a dentist for this kind of pain so that scaling and plaque removal can take place.
- Injury: If there is persistent, throbbing pain after eating something that is too hot or too cold, then it might be more than mere tooth sensitivity. This condition could also point at chipped, broken or cracked teeth due to excessive teeth grinding or a fall or accident. It could also be caused due to sports injury. The dentist will usually take a dental X ray to find the cause of the pain and to unravel the extent of the damage as well.
- Inflammation: Constant pain may also point at inflammation of the pulp. This may be caused due to damaged roots. If this kind of inflammation comes with bleeding and fever, then you must see a dentist immediately. It can also mean that the pulp or root of the tooth is dying, in which case a root canal may be required.
- Sinus: A dull ache in the sinus area of the upper teeth usually point at sinusitis, which is a condition that emanates due to pain in the nerves of that area. This pain can also happen due to cold and cough as well as an allergic attack that affect the facial muscles due to excessive sneezing and watering of the eyes. Also, a flu and fever can lead to this kind of pain.
- Infection: Inflammation along with fever and bleeding can also point at infection. This can render the complete pulp tissue damaged. Also, the growth of abscess in such cases can cause acute tooth pain. The dentist will usually diagnose the issue with a tooth X ray before prescribing antibiotics and carrying out a root canal for severe cases.
Persistent toothache with other symptoms should always be checked by a dentist so as to rule out long term damage that can result in tooth loss.