Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. C H Krishnaiah
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. C H KrishnaiahYour feedback matters!
It was great experience
I've ear infection for several days. I've used ear drops and antibiotics but no result. What to do now.
My husband is suffering from a throat problem. Early in the morning his throat are always block What should he do know.
Sinusitis refers to an extremely painful condition caused due to the inflammation and swelling of sinuses. A host of causes contribute to sinusitis, chief among them being allergies, air pollution or sometimes infection. It causes extreme discomfort, throbbing headache, sore throat and a blocked nose. Though different branches of medicines have tried in their own ways of dealing with this problem, ayurveda with its reliance on natural products as remedial measures have emerged as a clear favorite.
Some of the ayurvedic remedies for sinusitis are:
- Inhalation of steam with tulsi: The benefits of tulsi are widespread and need little introduction. The ambit of its advantages is expansive, making its presence felt even in treating sinusitis. In case of severe bouts of sinusitis, it is highly recommended that you inhale steam with tulsi almost every day in the week.
- Have ginger along with honey: Another way of treating acute pangs of sinusitis is by making a paste of ginger and honey. Make small tablets of this mixture and for most effective results it is advisable that you have it every day.
- Avoid certain food: Just how incorporating certain food in the diet help in reducing the pain of sinusitis, eliminating few, often times help you to achieve the same purpose. When you suffer from sinusitis, it is only advisable that you diligently avoid dairy products like milk, yoghurt as well as intoxicants like cigarettes and alcohol.
- Lemon juice and water: In the initial stages of sinusitis, having a daily concoction of lemon juice and water is considered very beneficial. During this phase maintaining a light diet is advisable.
- Practice pranayama: The gamut of ayurvedic remedies includes not only the prescription of what to eat and what to avoid but also several exercises that help in expediting the process of recovery. Among them, pranayama with its focus on control and regulation of breath is particularly beneficial in curing sinusitis.
Kindly take any ayurvedic medicine under supervision of an experienced ayurvedic doctor.
I have sinus problem since last two year. In cold days I suffer a lot. I can not breath properly. Please suggest me what should I do?
I come across sputum (resha) daily many times from the throat. From the last 2-3 years. Can anyone help me out.
I had an left ear operation two years ago. After the operation when ever I sleep on my left side. My head starts spinning. I had consulted my doctor about it he said it is nothing serious and will stop. But it hasn't. Am I having some sort of brain problem or.
The ear is made up of three parts that is outer, middle and the inner part. Infections, disorders and ailments in the ear can occur across all age groups and in any part of the ear. Ear ailments are more common in children than in adults as the Eustachian tubes (tubes which drain out ear fluid) are smaller in children.
Here are a few common ailments which occur in children:
- Acute otitis media: AOM is the most common ear infection in children. Some parts of the middle ear are infected, resulting in swelling and blockage of fluid behind the eardrum. This condition is characterised by earache in children and in graver conditions, can also cause fever.
- Otitis media with effusion: This condition usually occurs due to the infestation of an infection when the fluid gets restricted behind the ear drum. This condition doesn’t exhibit too many symptoms except mild earache. You should consult an ENT specialist who can diagnose this condition by checking the concentration of fluid behind the eardrum using special instruments.
- Chronic otitis media with effusion: This condition occurs in children when the fluid remains trapped behind the eardrum for a long period of time. It can lead to serious infection and can cause hearing problem in children.
- Barotrauma: Barotrauma occurs due to changes in atmospheric pressure changes. It can cause problems in the Eustachian tube and causes trapping of air in the middle ear. Middle ear problems can become severe if left untreated and result in a burst in the eardrum, causing excessive bleeding.
- Meniere's disease: This is a disorder, which comes in bouts and is characterised by vertigo and fluctuating hearing loss. This condition usually affects one ear. It can result in tinnitus (ringing in the ear) or permanent loss of hearing if left untreated.
- Swimmer’s ear: Swimmer’s ear, also known as otitis externa, is a common condition which is caused in the outer area of the ear. This condition is caused due to remnants of chlorine water in the ear or because of inserting swabs too deep inside the canal. This condition is characterised by earache, discomfort and itching of the ear.