Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pulmonologists in India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Asthma Treatment & Management
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. C.ChandrasekarYour feedback matters!
Before 5 days blood come with caugh still today. What can I do. I am smoking and take wine in a week 2 or 3 days.
• History of allergy – skin allergy, asthmatic etc.
• Mostly inhaled allergens cause asthma.
ALLERGENS CAN BE:
– Environment - smoke, dust & pollution and petrol fumes.
– Pollen and molds from grass, flowers and trees.
– Strong perfumes
– Paints & varnishes
– Tobacco smoke
– Animal dander
– House dust mite
– Chemical fumes
FOOD, WHICH CAN CAUSE ALLERGY ARE:
– Sour food
– Citrus fruits
– Cold food & drinks
– Artificially colored & flavored foods
– Beer, wine
– Canned vegetables
• Infection of lungs, bacterial or viral.
• Emotional stress
• Over strenuous exercise
• Inhalation of old air
• Climatic changes
• Allergy to certain drugs.
• Chain smoking.
SIGN AND SYMPTOMS:
• Initially feeling of distress and restlessness with painless tightness in the chest.
• There may be cough, sometimes with phlegm.
• A wheezing / whistling sound when breathing.
• Mild to moderate shortness of breath.
• Shortness and rapid breathing followed with a feeling of Anxiety, sweating and inability to lie down on the back.
• Usually the sufferer finds comfort in sitting bent forwards and near the windows.
• Try to recognize and avoid the factors that trigger the asthmatic attacks.
• Keep a diary and try to trace a pattern or relation between your allergic reaction and the allergen.
• Families with history of allergy should avoid artificial food, eggs, cocoa, juices and wheat preparation to infants till the age of six months. Only breast feed infants for the first six months to strengthen the immune system.
• For infants born in vegetarian family, vegetarian food is preferred.
• Avoid food and drinks known to cause allergy - cow milk, vinegar, lemon juice, grapes, instant tea, corn syrup, fruit toppings, cold food and drinks, canned food, food additives, beer and wine.
• Eat balanced nutritious diet.
• Eat fresh unprocessed food.
• Consume Bitter gourd (Karela) cooked or juice, it strengthens the immunity.
• Every morning, drink boiled mixture of – ½ cup water, little ginger, 2-3 leaves of sweet basil (tulsi) and mint leaves, or you can eat the raw leaves, this will boost up you immunity.
• Boil a mixture of Bishops weed (Ajwain), tea leaves and water and inhale the steam, helps to decongest.
• Consume garlic and onions, will be beneficial, but avoid them if you are on homeopathic medicine.
• Consume lots of Vitamin B complex.
– Liver, kidney, pancreas, yeast (Brewer's yeast), lean meat especially pork, fish, dairy products, poultry, egg, shrimps, crabs and lobsters,.
– Milk and milk products, green leafy vegetables, legumes, nuts, whole grain cereals.
– Carrots, bananas, avocado, raspberries, artichoke, cauliflower, soy flour, barley, cereals, pasta, whole grains, wheat barn like rice and wheat germ, dried beans, peas and soybeans.
• Increase intake of magnesium in your diet.
– Sea food, nuts, green leafy vegetables.
– Peas, lotus stem, pulses, whole grains, fruits.
• Avoid smoke, pollution, and dust as far as possible.
• Try to reduce stress, anxiety and tension, practice yoga will help to relax and relive stress.
• Yoga will also help by breathing exercise. Breathing exercise will help better utilization of available lung space.
Avoid inhaler ,bronchodilator in case of young age .childhood.why are you damage your lungs,its not benefits for long duration.
Save YOUR LUNGS With Homeopathy
What is Heart Arrhythmias?
An arrhythmia is a problem with the rate or rhythm of the heartbeat. Heart arrhythmias are often harmless. Most people have occasional, irregular heartbeats that may feel like a fluttering or racing heart.
Symptoms of Heart Arrhythmias-
- A fluttering in your chest
- A racing heartbeat
- A slow heartbeat
- Irregular pulse
- Chest pain
- Shortness of breath
Causes of Heart Arrhythmias-
- Scarring of heart tissue
- Changes to your heart’s structure, such as from cardiomyopathy
- Blocked arteries in your heart
- High blood pressure
- Drinking too much alcohol or caffeine
- Drug abuse
- Mental Stress
Risk factors of Heart Arrhythmias-
- Coronary artery disease
- Previous heart surgery
- High blood pressure
- Thyroid problems
- Congenital heart disease
- Obstructive sleep apnea
- Drinking too much alcohol
- Caffeine or nicotine use
Complications of Heart Arrhythmias-
Diagnosis of Heart Arrhythmias-
Diagnosis of Heart Arrhythmias involves the following tests:
- Holter monitor
- Event monitor
- Stress test
- Cardiac catheterization
- Electrophysiology study (EPS)
- Head-up tilt table test
Precautions & Prevention of Heart Arrhythmias-
- Eat vegetables and fruits, fish, and plant sources for protein
- Avoid saturated and trans fats
- Control your cholesterol and high blood pressure
- Quit smoking
- Maintain your weight
- Get regular exercise
Treatment of Heart Arrhythmias-
- Homeopathic Treatment of Heart Arrhythmias
- Acupuncture & Acupressure Treatment of Heart Arrhythmias
- Psychotherapy Treatment of Heart Arrhythmias
- Conventional / Allopathic Treatment of Heart Arrhythmias
- Surgical Treatment of Heart Arrhythmias
- Dietary & Herbal Treatment of Heart Arrhythmias
- Other Treatment of Heart Arrhythmias
Homeopathic Treatment of Heart Arrhythmias-
Homeopathy is very effective and safe option of treating heart arrhythmia. Homeopathy has role in prevention of heart disease and in the management of patients after heart attack. Homeopathic medicines can control and prevent various causes of heart arrhythmia. Some of the homeopathic medicines for treatment of heart arrhythmia are:
- Ars alb
- Nat M
- Ox ac
Acupuncture & Acupressure Treatment of Heart Arrhythmias-
Heart arrhythmias are either due to not enough Qi (energy) or too much Qi causing the heart to beat irregularly. There are many acupuncture points which can help either supplement the heart’s Qi or help reduce it to help balance your condition.
Conventional / Allopathic Treatment of Heart Arrhythmias-
Many types of tachycardias respond well to anti-arrhythmic medications. Some medications can slow down your heart so much that you may need a pacemaker. It’s very important to take any anti-arrhythmic medication exactly as directed by your doctor, in order to avoid complications.
Surgical Treatment of Heart Arrhythmias-
Surgical Treatment of Heart Arrhythmias involves the following procedures:
- Maze procedure
- Ventricular aneurysm surgery
- Coronary bypass surgery
Dietary & Herbal Treatment of Heart Arrhythmias
- Eat small, frequent meals
- Limit cholesterol in diet
- Avoid fad diets
- Reduce salt in your diet
- Eat enough dietary fiber
- Eat plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables