Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. C Balamurugan
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. C BalamuruganYour feedback matters!
Actually as per shopkeeper of the opticians, they says that glasses and lens are good for eyes and lasik is a risk for life and if we do lasik after few years again we have to use the glass. So is that true because no one wants to play with their own eyes. If lasik is good so suggest me some good hospital as I am living in Nasik road. Thanks for your guidance
Hi I am getting headache in upper part of head, the pressure increases when I'm using laptop, I consulted with eye specialist he said my eyes are good. I have cold but I don't know these headache is due to cold or not I took panadol cold and flu, neoclof etc for cold also. I'm confused to whom I consult with and getting lot of trouble while working its almost like one month some times I am getting headache sometimes its k.
Tears coming out of eyes frequently and sometimes my eyes pain, and if any eye drops dropped into my eyes, it doesn't come through mouth? What will be the reason and treatment?
I am 19 years old male and have eye flakes on my eye lashes. Something like yellow dandruff. What should I do to get rid of it?
Hii Dr. There is some pain in my eyes. Everyday water is coming out from my eyes what can I do plzzz help dr.
Hello Doctor, From 2 days I am feeling pain near eyebrows or under eyebrows. My eyes also I feel too much stress. I have done steam therapy also. Please suggest me the natural remedy treatment. When I sit near system, the pain starts more.
Considering lasik lasers (for eye glass removal) for their eye glass removal. One must read this as it has some serious implications/complications if done in haste.
There are lot of benefits by being myopic (eye power less than -3 d) and disadvantages in going for lasik laser in young age with low eye power.
You may never need glasses after 40 years (presbyopia) of age for reading if you use glasses or contact lens now instead of getting your glasses removed by lasik lasers (for powers less than - 3d and around -3d) but after lasers you may need the same so going for laser may keep you free from glass for roughly 15 to 20 years only. The myopia can come back even after lasik surgery.
There are variety of complications with lasik lasers like glare, halo and problem in colour contrast, dry eyes, problem in night vision, serious complications like corneal ectasia (may need corneal transplant) although advancement in lasers has minimized these issues still one should refrain from it since the percentage of side effects are highly underplayed
The disadvantages according to my experience outweighs the benefits in young age for those with low myopia (-3d) and considering the risks involved and amount of side effects associated with it which are highly under reported by the doctor.
Lasik operated emmetropic (having normal eye power) are not allowed in airforce, railways and army.
If you are young and advised for lasik in haste without giving due consideration about thickness of cornea, it may result in complications after 5 years and can affect rest of your life.
If you are having high eye power (more than -3d) then there are various issue which should be taken in consideration.
First and foremost, the corneal (outer membrane for eye) thickness must be measured by pachymetry. Indians have a thinner cornea around 400 to 450 micron as compared to western population (around 600 micron).
The critical thickness of cornea must be above 300 micron even after lasik lasers to avoid/minimize future complications.
Since laser burns the cornea, for removing every 1d of eye power, there is a reduction in 35 micron thickness in cornea.
Indians with average thickness of 400 to 450 micron thickness can only go upto 35*5= 175 micron reduction to ensure that their corneal thickness remains above crucial thickness of 300 micron.
So patients are advised to take a independent opinion from a experienced ophthalmologist preferably before going for lasik laser since procedure done on wrongly selected patient can lead to life long complication for the patient.
One can use contact lenses which have become quite advanced with time, if one does not want glasses. All that glitters is not gold and not every side effect can be predicted.
Consult online/take a second opinion on www. Lybrate. Com/arjunkumarsingh.
Doctor has done 50000 eye surgeries and has pioneered phaco surgery in undivided bihar in 1995 and was the second person to start phacoemusifications in eastern india.
Hello sir, mam I am 28 years old, I was diagnosed with poor eyesightness for both the eyes. RIGHT EYE=DV- SPH=-2.75,CYL=-0.75,AXIS=70. LEFT EYE=DV- SPH=-0.5, CYL for both the eyes. RIGHT EYE=DV- SPH=-2.75,CYL=-0.75,AXIS=70. LEFT EYE=DV- SPH- SPH=-2.75,CYL=-0.75,AXIS=70. LEFT EYE=DV- SPH=-0.5, CYL=-1.25, AXIS=105. Doctor suggested me to take GLOEYE tablet's .Will this tablet's improve my poor vision? What I can do now? Is my eye problem is really very serious? How I can improve my vision? Please suggest Thank you.
I have red eyes for last three days doctor what should I do and what type of medicine should I take please answer doctor.
I have red eyes for more than 5 days and also itchiness. What kind of medicine should I use, is there any injection available.
I wearing glass for 7 year . I have power loss continue . How to control and regain power. Now I have 2.75 on left and 2.5 on right side.
Eyeglasses and contact lenses are both used for vision correction. Both of the options have their advantages and disadvantages but a number of factors like lifestyle, comfort and age etc. are important while deciding which one to choose.
Here is a list of the fundamental differences between using spectacles and using contact lenses:
- Distance from the cornea: Lenses are worn directly on the eye and are in constant physical contact with the cornea while glasses are worn over the eyes. Contact lenses may cause infections in the eye because the user has to touch the eye in order to wear them and to take them off.
- Difference in vision: Since the lenses of spectacles are a little distance away from the eye, vision can be slightly distorted but contact lenses can provide natural and accurate vision. Also, side vision is not improved by glasses as you have to turn your head to see what is beside you. The contacts move around with your eyeballs and the peripheral vision is in focus.
- Ease of use: Some people find eyeglasses difficult to use because of the constant weight on the face and the obstruction caused by the frames of the glasses. There may also be a constant need to adjust the frames. Often eyeglasses slip down the nose when you sweat or engage in rigorous physical activity. Contact lenses are free from all these hassles - they are not distracting or obstructive and so they are extensively used by dancers and athletes. Spectacles is very uncomfortable to wear during the rains or in humid weather because they fog up.
- Infections and complications: Contact lenses can get displaced inside the eye and they can be difficult to reposition. They also cause the eyes to itch and water if you wear them for a very long time at a stretch or if tiny dust particles enter your eyes. The use of eyeglasses is far more flexible in this respect - they can be removed in case your eye itches or burns, but regular use of glasses causes dark circles and bags under the eyes.
- Aesthetic differences: People often prefer contact lenses as they do not change the physical appearance - they help you look natural and you can also use colored lenses to change the color of your eyes. Glasses may look slightly unnatural but some people also prefer them for the fashion quotient.