Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. C Anbu DuraiYour feedback matters!
I am 33 year old male. Having lots of tension and negative thoughts. As a part of negative thoughts totally sink in depression. So, is there any kashayum advisable in ayurvedic system to over come this tensions or depression s.
I am 19 year old student. I have a feeling of dying and my brain is not fully active. I consult a psychiatrist who has given me medicine Pari CR 12.5 mg, I have consumed at night and in the morning I have one big bowel on my forehead. Is this the side effect of the medicine. Please help.
Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) is talking therapies that can help you manage your problems by changing the way you think and behave. It is most commonly used to treat anxiety and depression, but can be useful for other mental and physical health problems.
CBT cannot remove your problems but it can help you deal with them in a more positive way. It is based on the concept that your thoughts, feelings, physical sensations and actions are interconnected and that negative thoughts and feelings can trap you in a vicious cycle. CBT aims to help you crack this cycle by breaking down overwhelming problems into smaller parts and showing you how to change these negative patterns to improve the way you feel.
Unlike some other talking treatments, CBT deals with your current problems, rather than focusing on issues from your past. It looks for practical ways to improve your state of mind on a daily basis. CBT has been shown to be an effective way of treating a number of different mental health conditions. In addition to depression or anxiety disorders, CBT can also help people with obsessive disorder, postphobias,eating disorderssuch as anorexiaand bulimia, sleep problems such as insomnia, problems related to alcohol abuse,irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS).
CBT can help you to change how you think (cognitive) and what you do (behaviour). These changes can help you to feel better and breathe better. Once you are de-stressed, there is less cognitive load and your breathing centre in brain is relaxed and less stimulated. It looks for ways to improve your state of mind now.
A situation ? a problem, event or difficult situation.
From this can follow thoughts, emotions, physical feelings and actions. Each of these areas can affect the others.
How you think about a problem can affect how you feel physically and emotionally. All these areas of life can connect like this: fiveareas.
What happens in one of these areas can affect all the others. There are helpful and unhelpful ways of reacting to most situations, depending on how you think about it. The way you think can be helpful or unhelpful.
The Situation: You have had a bad day. You are fed up? Go out shopping. As you walk down the road, someone you know walks by and, apparently, ignores you.
This starts a cascade of thoughts, emotions and action which can range from concern for the other person to actually getting in touch with the other person to find if all is well with him.
The negative way of dealing with it involves being down on yourself imagining the person does not like you, complaining of cramps or illness and finally going home to avoid the person.
The same situation has led to two very different results; depending on how you thought about the situation. How you think has affected how you felt and what you did.
So, in case you thought negatively, you have to change your thoughts and actions, pinpoint the problem, address it and find goals.
Then move towards achieving them. Evidence shows CBT works.
Since last 2-3 days I am having a constant fear of death. The thought revolves around heart attack. Though I did ecg last month which came out fine. Just sinus tachycardia. For sometime I feel fine and again the thought comes and feel anxious. The heart rate is 110 to 115. What could be reason for this. I am very scared.
Is there any medicine for boosting memory that helps to concentrate in studies as I am not able to concentrate my mind please help me.
I lost somebody close that and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to myself all time.
I have more fats on my stomach and my head and body is paining altimeter and feel restless now a days.
I am trying to quit smoking, but its very hard to quit smoking, I am getting head ache and my fingers are shivering, can you please advise me to get rid of smoking.
Stress is the physical or emotional response of the body to an internal or external stimulus that upsets the equilibrium of the body. The contemporary lifestyle causes a lot of stress, which may have adverse impacts on your health. The stress hormones which are secreted in animals only during starvation, childbirth or torture are secreted in human beings all the time.
Natural remedies like homeopathy can be used to combat stress without harmful side effects. Since stress is responsible for several health problems and homeopathy aims at eliminating the root cause of said disorders, these remedies can cure a lot of stress related problems too.
The common homeopathic medicines used to deal with stress are:
- Arsenicum album: It is beneficial for people who are anxious, fastidious, nervous or excessively critical. It is also used for patients who exhibit tendencies of paranoia, such as arriving hours early for an appointment out of an irrational fear of being late.
- Calcarea carbonica: It is an appropriate remedy for work related stress or burnout. Often, people feel an intense amount of pressure at their workplaces because they feel that they are constantly being watched and evaluated, and are afraid of making even minor mistakes or have strict deadlines to meet.
- Gelsemium: Gelsemium is an immediate solution to anxiety and apprehension caused by an upcoming event such as a performance, an interview or a test. Gelsemium can relieve symptoms like short-term paralysis, increased pulse rate, dizziness, nausea and indigestion.
- Argentum nitricum: It is useful for nervous fits and impulses caused by suggestibility and extreme mental exertion.
- Ignatia amara: This is used to deal with depression caused by stress factors like humiliation, fear, guilt and loss. People who go into shock can also be treated with Ignatia amara.
- Kali phosphoricum: It can provide relief from exhaustion due to overwork or prolonged illness. The patient becomes over sensitive, anxious and feels unable to cope with stress.
- Natrum muriaticum: It is the treatment for symptoms like insomnia, claustrophobia, frequent headaches and pain around the eyes. It is also used to treat stress caused by isolation and dejection.
- Pulsatilla: It is a remedy for mild or violent mood swings caused by stress. The patient may alternate between over excitement and depression within a very short period of time.
- Sepia: It is a homeopathic medicine that is used to treat patients of stress who have developed cognitive defect and memory problems.
I have a problem of forgetting about the thing after every 5 minutes and I could not remember the facts normally. What should I do?
I am getting angry on other either it a small issue or big but for my angry there is no border what I have to do to reduce angriness.
My cousin is alcohol addict. He was in de-addiction camp for 3 months. But has started drinking again. Please advice. Thanks.
I am 45 Years old male. I have lost my 21 years old the only son 2 months back. I am depressed and do not want to talk anybody. I am in fear that any body can kill me, but why I don't know. I have just attempted suicide but unfortunately alive. Loss of appetite.
Commonly people believe that you can understand your blood pressure is high if you are feeling dizzy suddenly or you are not able to sleep at night. Also sweating profusely is often related to having hypertension. But, to be honest, hypertension usually does not have any symptoms, which might help you get alert and take action to control it. This actually imposes a great threat to your well-being as you do not understand if you have hypertension. It is extremely important for you to keep checking your blood pressure level in order to avoid developing hypertension and hence developing a risk to your heart.
Although there aren't any major or very noticeable symptoms, here is a list of some rare symptoms which you can follow:
1. Headaches: If you are suffering from dull headaches almost regularly, it might be because you blood pressure has increased. The headaches can be a dull buzz or a severe migraine like ache. Keep monitoring your headaches and consult your doctor as soon as possible.
2. Dizziness: You might suddenly feel dizzy or you might feel you are about to pass out if your blood pressure increases. Make sure you refer to a doctor as soon as something like this happens.
3. Nosebleeds: A sudden occurrence of nosebleed might also be a symptom of a sudden increase in your blood pressure.
4. Severe anxiety: Severe anxiety or a panic attack is often referred to as a symptom of hypertension. If you have a sudden panic attack with no apparent reason, it may be because your blood pressure has suddenly risen.
5. Shortness of breath: High blood pressure may often cause a shortness of breath. You might experience it during various every day activity like walking, climbing stairs, etc.
6. Nausea: A sudden increase in blood pressure might make you feel nauseous. You might even vomit when this happens. Make sure you consult your doctor if this happens.