Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Brindha Jayaraman
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Treatment of Mental Disorders
Submit a review for Dr. Brindha JayaramanYour feedback matters!
Sir I smoked for 1 year now I want to be a singer before 10 days I quit smoking so then how long does it takes to heal my vocal chords.
I wanna quit smoking can yuh it n I smoke weed also once in a week probably so any suggestions shall I stop smoking weed or should I no n I wanna quite smoking cigarettes dat became my habit now.
Hello doctor. I have found problem in speaking from some months and I have also problem in eustachian tube my age is 22 and it is from 2 months it happens when I am trying to say long sentence some other words are replaced in place of original words just like small kids trying to speak give me tips to regain my original position before it I had taken anti-histamines and nasivion nasals drops.
I am 40 years women and I have an depression for past 1 years and I am using nexito forte tablet and suggest me this medication is good for health or tell me how to recover from depression without taking tablets. Kind request sir.
Mujhe gussa bhot aane lga h kuch time se aur choti choti baat se ched jati hu. Mere body mein pain bhot Rehta h puri body mein.
I have some problems while doing sex with my wife my panic take time to straight and not too strong while doing sex I am not getting strength. So what to do I come depress. Sp please give some solution.
Why the habit of masturbation occur regularly? And how the weakness can be treated caused from masturbation? A person having no bad habit like smoking, drinking.
I feel very depressed since I have been resined from my job. So since I have been depressed and have headache so what to do.
Depression is a very common emotion you might have experienced at least once during your lifetime. Depression refers to a state of mind when you are feeling low due to persistent sadness and loss of interest. But if the depression is chronic and long lasting for you, then it indicates that you are suffering from clinical depression. Under clinical depression, it is preferable that you go through a proper treatment course by a certified therapist. The Most common types of depressions are:
- Major depression - Under this type of a depression you will be depressed for most days of the week and if this condition extends for a period greater than 2 weeks, then it is a case of major depression. The most common method to treat a major depression is to talk to a mental health specialist and take medications called antidepressants (only after a prescription by a certified doctor).
- Persistent depressive disorder - This is a more severe and long lasting type of depression which is identified if you are depressed over a period longer than 2 hours. The most common symptoms of this type of a disorder are - change in your appetite, too much or too little sleep, lack of energy or fatigue, low self-esteem, trouble concentrating or making decisions, feeling hopeless among others.
- Bipolar disorder - If you are experiencing extreme ups and downs of mood abruptly and without any apparent reason, then you might be suffering from this disorder. This disorder is commonly known as a maniac depression, because during an up phase you will be extremely happy, joyful outgoing and talkative but during the low phase you will be sad, tired and depressed.
- Seasonal affective disorder - This type of a depression might bother you only during the winter season. This happens whenever the days are shorter and your body is not able to get enough of sunlight. This mostly happens in the case of people who are very fond of sunlight, and they prefer the sunshine over dark periods of the night. This disorder is treated by SAD antidepressants and everyday light therapy of 15 to 20 minutes.
- Psychotic depression - Under this type of a depression, you will have a major depression along with some psychotic symptoms like - hallucinations, delusions, and paranoia. Hallucinations mean viewing things that are not there, in reality, delusions are false beliefs or misconceptions and paranoia is the constant fear that somebody is going to harm you.