Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Treatment of Mental Disorders
Submit a review for Dr. Brindha JayaramanYour feedback matters!
Hi I am 25 year old and I am suffering from short term memory loss I will keep the things anywhere and then I forget to recall I have lost many things within just 1 year I have really fedup with this problem everybody is scolding me but I am unable to recognize why this thing is happening with me can you please help me.
My brother is 18 year old male. Inspite of studying day and night, he does not remember much. Is there any way to improve his memory?
I got less marks in exam. I am very much depressed. My friends got more marks than me. Please help. I will wait for your reply. Please reply as soon as possible.
I am 18 years old girl, I am preparing for entrance exam of engineering. I have found out symptoms of daydreaming, I am unable to concentrate in present moment and reality that I haven't prepared anything for exam. I am just loosing time again and again. I am at the extreme stage of daydreaming. I have found some blog on maladaptive daydreaming, it has not specified treatment, what should I do?
I have been suffering from deep anxiety problems. Last 1 year. When I got anxious my heart beat is racing. N palpitations happened. Little bit chest pain. Happened.when I usually go to exam now a days. I become so anxious. Then palpitations is happening. Nervousness.tension. Last evening. Again anxiety attack harmed me. Last night to this morning. Heart palpitations is happening. About anxiety, stress,tension. I am too much worried. How anxiety is curable? It hampered my life. Any solution? For this? Any yoga? please plz help me. My age 27. Weight 50. B.P normal.
Older people are at a higher risk of developing mental disorders as with age the neurology of the brain tends to deteriorate. Various physical illnesses, such as chronic pain and bone disorders which are common in older people can restrict their ability to live an independent life. Most of the diseases that affects older people tend to require long term care.
Other causes of mental disorders are events like death of near ones, disabilities or a reduction in socioeconomic status. These factors can make them isolated and lonely leading to psychological problems in the elderly. Physical diseases such as heart problems may also lead to mental problems.
With respect to the above points, you may follow these pointers to stay away from mental disorders:
- Physical exercise: It is very important to stay active as it has multiple health benefits. A sedentary lifestyle increases the risk of diabetes and cardiovascular diseases in the body. In case of movement restrictions, focus on doing simple activities like walking and moving about as replacement for regular exercise.
- Food: Food is important to mental health as they provide the necessary nutrients to the body. Add almonds to your diet as they contain vitamin B6 which is very good for the brain. Omega 3 and Omega-6 acids in almonds also contribute to brain health. Eat a diet that is low in fat, focus on simple and natural foods.
- Communicate: Take up a hobby or participate in social gatherings to get more involved with people. These activities will keep your mind occupied and stimulate your brain. It will reduce the risks of depression and related disorders.
- Remove negative emotions: Try to avoid negative emotions as they are the major source of depression. Take up meditation as their effect on improving mental health is well known. Focus on the positives in every experience to be content and happy. Negative emotions can lead to serious mental problems such as depression and anxiety disorders.
How to increase my concentration in studies? I am 19 year old girl. so, what should I do for increase my concentration.?
I am 40 years Bt feels very week tired lack of concentration. Which food can give me strength and build my physique.
Hi my problem is I am too weak in study means my concentration level is week how can I improve my concentration level can you help me please? Its too important for my future.
Hi I was diagnosed with panic disorder and mild depression in 2011 post which I was on medication of paxidep 75 mg and olean 7.5 mg. Gradually moved to serta 25 and paxidep 25 mg and finally was on paxidep 25 mg for a good 3.5 years when I hardly faced any problem. Then I weaned to 12.5 of paxidep and moved to escitalopram 10.5 with an sos of clonazepam. I was initially doing well on escitalopram when problems of panic attack started reoccurring and doctor moved me back to 12.5 mg of paxidep as that medicine worked best for me. I was fine on it for a month but started experiencing mild anxiety again and now since 2 dys I am on paxidep 25 mg. My problem is I worry a lot, have irrational fears and when a thought is stuck in my head it remains stuck. And mostly I worry about health. When I am in the best of health I can take a lot of stress. But recently someone said I must be suffering from bipolar disorder and that is worrying me a lot. Do you think my symptoms are that of bipolar or general anxiety. I dint have any manic episodes or deep depression when like the first time. I keep researching all the time. Also I want to know how long would it take for me to adjust to increased dose of paxidep, since I am experiencing drowsiness, loss of appetite, nausea, and break in sleep in the night.
My voice is very unclear and low. I need to repeat my words many times while speak. When I call unknown person he responds "hello madam" I experience very stickiness inside throat and my nose becomes air tight.
Anxiety is a very normal emotion, which gives rise to feelings of nervousness every now and then. An anxiety disorder is a serious medical condition in which people experience a high degree of distress and mental trauma, which causes difficulties in leading a normal life. People suffering from this medical condition experience high levels of anxiety and nervousness almost all the time. Here are the symptoms that indicate you're suffering from anxiety disorder.
1. Excessive worry - This condition persists if you worry about the day to day activities a bit too much on a regular basis. It is identified when you start taking too much stress about very petty things, which tends to affect you in an adverse manner. A noticeable sign of excessive worry can be too much fatigue.
2. Sleep problems - Problems falling asleep at the right time and problems in maintaining a sound sleep are two signs that indicate you have an anxiety disorder.
3. Irrational fears - This symptom is not generalized; instead, it is specific and subjective in relation to a particular thing or situation. The fears that are experienced under this category are sudden and unexpected in nature and there is no fixed rationale behind these fears.
4. Muscle tension - Muscle discomfort and pain is one of the leading physiological causes of an anxiety disorder. The pain felt is chronic and pervasive, and is very common among people facing situations of anxiety. If you are exposed to constant periods of anxiety, you will experience fatigue, muscle pains and unwillingness to work.
5. Chronic indigestion - Problems related to the digestive system are also a sign of anxiety disorder. In this case, you may face constant digestive problems accompanied by a common disorder called IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome). IBS refers to an anxiety situation in the digestive tract, which is characterized by stomach aches, cramping, bloating, gas, constipation, and/or diarrhea.
Apart from the above-mentioned symptoms, other symptoms of an anxiety disorder include stage fright, self- consciousness, panic attacks, memory flashbacks, perfectionism, compulsive behaviors, self- doubt, and such others. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.