Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Brindha
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. BrindhaYour feedback matters!
The goodness of water is known to all and sundry. Another fluid to watch out for is the coconut water. Coconut water will leave you with a mouth open awe with its health benefits. From small kids to pregnant women to elderly people, everyone can drink coconut water (unless asked to avoid on doctor recommendation) without any tension. The sweet, nut-like taste of coconut water is indeed very refreshing and soothing, a great respite in the scorching summers.
Positive effects of coconut water on the health
- A low-calorie drink: Coconut water is an ideal and healthy substitute for processed fruit juice, aerated drinks, and beverages. Some of the amazing health benefits of coconut water include;
- Improves Digestion: Coconut water is an excellent source of phosphatase, diastase, folic acid, and other enzymes that aids in the digestion of food.
- A person with dehydration (an outcome of dysentery, diarrhea or cholera) can benefit immensely from coconut water. The coconut water works by restoring the lost electrolyte and plasma balance in the body.
- Keeps skin aging at bay: Cytokines and lauric acid are known to have anti-aging properties. They maintain the pH balance of the skin. Coconut water is a rich source of lauric acid and cytokines. As expected, coconut water helps to restore the natural glow of the skin. Coconut water greatly nourishes and protects the skin from rashes and skin infections.
- Drink coconut water, forget depression forever: Riboflavin, pathogenic acid, and thiamine are the triple healing vitamins that help to lower depression and stress in a person. With these important vitamins present, coconut water will lift your mood and spirits effortlessly.
- Weight management: Being a low- calorie drink, coconut water is a healthy option for people who are on a diet and want to lose few extra kilos.
- Healthy bones the natural way: An excellent source of calcium, coconut water will keep your bones strong and healthy.
- Kidney stones a thing of the past: A natural way to deal with the problem of kidney stones is indeed a great news. Potassium is present in abundance in coconut water. Thus, it not only helps in dissolving the kidney stones, but also ensures that there is no recurrence of the condition (kidney stones).
- A healthy blood pressure: Coconut water comes as a much-needed blessing for people with high blood pressure. The minerals (Potassium and Magnesium) along with Vitamin C ensure that the blood pressure is within healthy limits.
The magnesium present in coconut water comes as a savior for people with migraines.
- A rich source of potassium implies coconut water helps to lower the instances of muscle cramps.
- Having long, healthy, and lustrous hair is no longer a dream, all thanks to the coconut water. It hydrates the scalp, thus providing the necessary nourishment to the hair.
- Being low in sugar and calories, coconut water is an excellent remedy for diabetic patients. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
I am a 22 year old female, almost 23, and am still a virgin. I noticed a couple days ago when I squeeze my nipples, or press a certain spot on my breasts that a white liquid and sometimes a clear liquid with it comes out of my nipple. What could be the cause of this?
Hello Dr. m suffering from dark circles under eyes can these circles cure in life is there any effective treatment for these eye circles pls help if there is no treatment then any tips to hide them. Thank you.
Almost everyone has scars on their body that tell tales of falls, accidents or surgeries. However, in some cases, these scars can mark a person’s appearance and affect their self-confidence. In such cases, the person may consider scar revision surgery. As the name suggests, this surgery aims to minimise a scar and make it more consistent with the surrounding skin colour and texture. Anyone can undergo scar revision treatment. Some of the factors to be kept in mind while considering such treatment are:
- Location of the scar on the body
- Functional impairment resulting from the scar
- Likelihood of functional impairment after scar revision surgery
- Quality and skin type of the affected area
- Availability of surrounding tissue
Scars can be revised surgically as well as non-surgically depending on the type of scar. Non-surgical treatment for scars includes the use of skin lightening creams. Microdermabrasion and skin resurfacing. Dermal fillers may also be injected into the skin to reduce fine lines and deep creases.
In case creams or others do not work, surgery in the form of Scar revision is required. It involves removal of scar and re-adjustments of tissues near by. The results are very satisfactory. And wherever the re-adjustments is not possible, rarely skin grafting or flaps are required. The ultimate result will be far better than the scar usually.
- Skin grafting: This is a procedure that is used to treat small but deep scars. It involves the removal of skin from one part of the body and it being placed over the affected area to hide the scar. This new tissue promotes the growth of new healthy skin cells in the injured area. Skin grafts may also be used for injuries that scar improperly or injuries that do not heal well on their own.
- Skin flap surgery: Treatment of larger scars is better suited to skin flap surgeries. This procedure involves a large transplant of skin, fat, blood vessels, nerve tissues and muscle from one part of the body to another. This is used only in extreme cases.
When it comes to scar revision, no form of treatment, if perfect and multiple treatments may be required. The main goal here is to make the patient more comfortable with his or her appearance even if the scar is not completely removed. Hence, it is very important to have a realistic expectation from the surgery in terms of both aesthetics and functionality. For this, the patient and cosmetic surgeon need to understand each other and have a common view of the desired results. Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!
So the answer is that there is very mild discomfort during the treatment procedure. Here in AKS clinic, we use Diode laser and there is no chance of skin damage in diode laser hair removal. And it has no relation with skin cancer.
Now with an advanced diode laser, we can treat all hair bearing areas. Even the sensitive areas like upper lip or the bikini area. Only we avoid is an area under the eyes. Laser hair reduction is not only for females for even men can pursue this treatment for beard shape, for unwanted hair, for the back, and the chest.
Now, there is a very common section ki laser hair reduction me kitne sessions lagenge?
So it varies person to person and the area to be treated. But generally, it takes 6-8 sessions at 4-6 weeks interval. and after that 90% of hair gets permanently destroyed and there occurs hair reduction.
- You look elegant.
- It saves time, money, energy
- It boosts up the confidence
- And medically if we see, there are the chances of inner growth of hair after waxing. But laser hair reduction cures this problem permanently.
If we use Diode laser, under doctor's supervision, practically there is no side effect. But somebody is using some other laser or a good laser without doctor's supervision, then it may lead to burning, pigmentation permanently. So choose Laser Hair removal centre wisely. If you have any further query, you can contact me through Lybrate.