Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
Submit a review for Dr. Brijendra KumarYour feedback matters!
Sir, My sugar level remain high, after taking meal it increases upto 250-400. What should do to get rid from it. Is homeopathy treatment suitable for it. Can Homeopathy medicine for sugar damage any body part as kidneys, etc.
I am type 2 diabetics patient I'm very week my body very sleep how to growth my body pls any suggestions.
Diabetes is a serious disorder which happens when your body has an unreasonably high level of blood sugar, which further leads to harmful effects. Diabetes has a wide variety of complications associated with it, and they start to build up slowly and gradually. Some of the common complications are:
- Retinopathy - In simple words, diabetes leads to eye damage by making the eye exposed and prone to severe eye disorders like cataracts and glaucoma. If you have retinopathy, then you may also have face the consequence loss of vision or permanent blindness.
- Skin conditions - During diabetes, your skin health is bound to degrade to a large extent. Your skin will become thin in texture and more prone to cuts and breakages due to internal skin cell damage. Thus, the skin gets more exposed to the bacterial and viral infections and its healing process also slows down as the cell division takes longer than usual.
- Nephropathy - Nephropathy refers to kidney damage which is caused due to diabetes. The kidneys act as a filter system to the body and they filter out waste materials from the blood. Diabetes causes damage to the blood vessels of the kidneys which may further result in serious kidney disorders and may increase the risks of a sudden kidney failure.
- Cardiovascular diseases - This means that if you are having excessive diabetes, then you are at a risk of having a major heart attack or a heart stroke. Additionally, increased blood sugar levels also lead to other heart-related diseases like chest pain, narrowing of arteries etc.
- Neuropathy - It is a complication related to the nervous system of your body. The complication generally occurs in the legs as there is a numbness, burning or tingling sensation in the legs. This happens due to the extra sugar in the body, which damages the walls of the blood vessels. In the worst case scenario, you can lose sensation in the legs.
However, it is always desirable that you should consult a doctor if the conditions persist for a longer time. Additionally, you can also depend upon some domestic care measures to bring your blood sugar levels under control.
My wife has been suffering from leg swelling and vertigo for past few months. We have done blood test for Urea, creatinine, Sugar and TSH. All other things are normal except TSH which shows 4.9 micro IU/ml. How to recover this?
Am 52y old Diabetic since 2010, (125FBS 215PP) can I consume Fruits like apple, Orange and papaya in limited quantity?
What precaution should take for thyroid female person? Age is 40yr female person what should do for overcome this diseases?
Hello sir. My brother who is a diabetic patient. 40 years old. Today only on test get results as 295 on fasting and 394 after food. please suggest the medicine and precaution as early as possible.
Dear sir, I am diabetic in April I check my HbA1c was 7.5, I was taking 750 mg of glyciphage so my Doctor advised to take 500 mg glyciphage 2 times after half hour taking food (ie, 1000 mg), after exactly in July last month my HbA1c showing 9.0, what will be the reason, is any thing went wrong with the laboratory where I am testing , is this possible to shoot from 7.5 to 9.0 in a matter of 3 months. Kindly advise. I am on a tour for a month in Gulf, once I back will check again, I am very careful about my diet , never take sugar or sugar items, will go for gym for half hour without fail every day, thanks
My test report of dated: 28/04/2016 show that I have sugar problem. What should I do? Uric Acid: 5.7 mg/dl Plasma Glucose PP: 192.0 * mg/dl Blood Sugar Fasting: 138.0 * mg/dl
He is having pain at both foot when he stands still with more than 15 minutes or walks more than 1 hour. Pain started from heel then now happening at foot fingers joint and at center of foot. He is having uric acid between 5.6 to 6.4 depending on the food intake and water intake. But relief after taking more than 3 liter of water in a day.
I am 4 months postpartum. My tsh was routinely checked during preg. It was 7.2. So I was started on thyronorm 50 mcg and increased to 62.5 mcg. My tsh came down to 2.5. I was said to have subclinical hypothyroidism. Now postpartum I am on 50 mcg thyronorn. But my tsh is 32.5 mIU/ ml. And total t3, t 4 within normal limits. How is this possible and what do I do?
What is diabetes? Is there any way to treatment the diabetes. If yes then how and what is the cost of treatment and is there any location in Kolkata to treatment?
Eat a well balanced and healthy diet. Reduce the amount of fat in your diet, especially saturated and trans fats. These days all the fats are highly processed. Eat more variety of fruits in moderate amounts, vegetables especially raw as salads and high-fibre foods. Cut back on salt.
Limit take aways and highly processed, fast, & junk foods. ?Convenience meals? or ready to eat meals are usually high in salt, fat and calories but deficient in essential nutrients. It?s best to cook for yourself using fresh ingredients whenever possible.
Take care of your beautiful body's health.