Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Splinting
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Interferential Therapy Procedure
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Postural Training Techniques
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Sports And Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Sports Fracture Rehabilitation
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Sports Physical Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Bonnet KishoreYour feedback matters!
I am 25 years old from past five 7-8 months I am suffering from serious pain on my neck and back. Like if I will sit on chair my upper portion of back and neck starts paining and if I will drive bike same problem happens please suggest what should I do as I am too afraid and it pains too badly.
I'm a dancer and after my class I sometimes feel a bit of knee pain. No specific leg, but sometimes it hurts. Anything I can do to strengthen my knee or any advice? also, I tend to lock my knees sometimes. So I don't know what to do?
Hello hi I am sundar rao I am suffering from backache I have used many ointments from last 2 weeks but no result now what should I do ow.
I am suffering from back pain and pain always go down till legs and knees and there is gap in the spinal cord suggest what to do.
Doctor, yesterday I had the appointment of key surgery which was supposed to be done on my right leg knee, doctors were asking me to remove all my clothes including my inners / undergarments, I was not comfortable with that as the doctor was lady, so they postponed my surgery date, doctor I just want to know that is it compulsory to remove all the inners / undergarments for the surgery of my knee?
Frequent heel pain Was told cartialage wear and tear I am a female aged 45 Please advise line or treatment or exercise
What exactly is a spine block injection? Will it work long-term for low back pain due to disc problems?
I am 40 year old and I am sufering from middle back pain for last 03 month. Please Give some solution.
Hello, My father had shoulder pain since last month. He is 65 years old. After consulting to many doctors, it was diagnosed either it is arthritis or gap between the joints at shoulder. What is the probable cause and treatment.
I with my wife suffering from cold, cough from last 1. 5 month. We take 15 days treatment from ent doctor but there are no effect. My age 48 and wife 43 yrs. I also suffering with sugar, thyoride and wife with back pain .
Patient heaving disc problem in L4 S1 in lumber and she is suffering from pain what is the treatment for that.
I have pain in nerves near about my intercourse membrane and I also have back pain, When I am walking there no pain at all, But when ever I can sit down for some time (3/4) minutes and get there will pain again on both, Back and near interosseous membrane But when I am walk there is no after 5 to 6 seconds, When ever I am trying to touch my foot again there is pain, I can run easily with no problem at all after running I can stretch and there is no pain, If I am trying to stretch without running I have pain what is this? Is that problem of over weight, My weight is 97kg and height is 5.8"
I am having backbone pain due to riding bike daily, what should I do? Even while deep sleep at night I am getting internal body pain, what should I do?
Chronic back pain may occur due to a variety of reasons. Sometimes, it may be due to conditions like osteoporosis or arthritis and at other times, it may be due to an injury or a slip disc caused by such an injury. Injuries to the spinal cord can also trigger chronic back pain. There are numerous ways of dealing with chronic back pain, which may be debilitating, if not treated properly.
10 ways of managing this pain.
- Medication: One of the ways of managing chronic back pain is with the help of anti-inflammatory drugs as well as pain killers like ibuprofen. However, do keep in mind that these medicines must be consumed only if they are prescribed by the doctor. Anticonvulsants and anti-depressants can also help in preventing pain that emanates from the nerves of the region.
- Surgery: Surgery can be done by the doctors in case the pain is extreme and severe. This kind of surgery usually aims at implanting devices and tools that can support the slipped disc, which may cause pinched nerves.
- Electrotherapy: This kind of therapy can help in reducing pain by releasing low-voltage electric stimulation that helps in dealing with the sensory nervous system.
- Exercises: Muscle strengthening exercises will help in a better balance. Also, other physiotherapy exercises can help in reducing back pain significantly by targeting the points that create pain and by pinching of the nerves.
- Relaxation techniques: There are a number of relaxation techniques that one can turn to so as to reduce the pain. This pain can also be managed with the help of meditation and breathing exercises, which can serve as an alternative means of treatment.
- Rest: With proper rest, one can do away with chronic pain. Yet, if it is a nerve-based issue, then the doctor may ask you not too lie down for long stretches and to walk regularly so that inflammation and pain does not set in.
- Heat: Heat therapy or heat compresses as well as hot water bags can be used for pain relief.
- Prolotherapy: In this method, an irritant solution is injected into the back so as to stimulate better blood circulation. This process also aids in faster ligament repair.
- Opioid fusion pump installation: These pumps are surgically implanted so that opioid agents are delivered straight to the spinal cord, which can treat and manage chronic back pain.
- Injections: These are usually considered as blocks that deliver steroids to the ligaments and joints. Also, one may have to take corticosteroid injections in order to deal with a very painful case. These epidural injections are usually best for temporary relief. One will need more long term treatment or management methods in order to effectively deal with and reduce pain.