Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Occupational Therapists in India. You will find Occupational Therapists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Occupational Therapists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Control Program Occupational Health - Pcmso
Minor Ot Service Procedures
Occupational Therapy Treatment
Sensory Integration Therapy
Speech Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Bonnet KishoreYour feedback matters!
My leg remain in pain if my sleep is not completed. It has been six months. I has tested my blood test like uric acid which is 5.8. Please suggest me with your valuable knowledge. Some say high uric acid some say it us normal.
Hi , my question is regarding sore muscles. I have done workout last Friday and instructor told me to go for weights. He made me lift weights. I performed bench press etc etc and the day was good. But I'm Saturday, I could not lift even a water bottle. I could not eat meal through hands. I can't fold my arms. I can't sleep it's paining too much. Its in the night 4 am I am unable to sleep. Please suggest.
What is the real cause of inguinal hernia in human males in the teen age or how we can prevent it so that it cannot be caused on another side of groin?
I have joint pains and leg pain from and feet pain from 2 years. I have lost my routine life because of lack of movements. Have gone through al tests. Results were negative. How can I vanish the pain and get back my normal life?
I have pain in my wrist. I've been to two Orthos, have taken Xray and done Sonography but havent found any issues. I have gone through some physiotherapy sessions too, but to no avail. It only pains when I bend my hand backwards beyond a certain degree. I can still live with it, but just wondering what it could be and what can I do to cure it. My guess is that I may have some deficiency like calcium, etc.
I am a 15 yrs old school boy I have a pain in my backbone and headache.Please do help in this regard
My husband is having pain in right foot occasionally. It started when his foot got twisted twice while walking. So we got the X-ray done but no bone injury appear in the X-ray so Doctor told it might be temporary pain and will go in sometime. It's been 1 year now still he got the pain occasionally. Please suggest.
I am 18 years old and I dont have my shoulders developed uniformly i. E, my left shoulder is slightly (i can see the difference not others) broader than right. When I was 5 years old my right hand got fractured. Just the part of the hand between elbow and wrist. How to overcome this problem. If I workout in gym etc what would be the consequence?
I am suffering from pain in neck and shoulder the nerve become week I am suffering from cervical spondolysis.
I am 69 year old man feelingwemild ache in my right arm for the past 2 months. It started from the lower arm to go up right now. Its tolerable. But unhappy to tolerate. Is it a sign of a bigger one or not. What shall I do to stop that pain.
The partial or total inability to hear is known as hearing impairment or hearing loss. It can be present at birth, or develop later in life.
There are a number of factors, which may cause hearing loss
1. Age - Age is the biggest factor when it comes to the loss of hearing, and you may lose the ability to hear as you age. This condition is known as presbycusis. It becomes difficult to understand high-frequency sounds like that of a child or a woman when you get old.
2. Noise - When you are exposed to loud noises for a prolonged period of time, it damages your ears. This leads to loss of hearing. 5% of the total population of the world is affected by noise (the degree of suffering varies). It may be a result of continuous exposure to loud music or a sudden exposure to a loud noise like an explosion.
3. Hereditary disorders - Hearing disorder may be inherited by the dominant or recessive genes of parents in the child. 70-80% of these cases inherit from the recessive genes, whereas 20-25% inherit hearing loss from the dominant genes.
4. Trauma - Serious injuries of the head/ears may cause loss of hearing, which may be either temporary or permanent. When damage is caused to the brain, the brain fails to process the message conveyed by the ears. So even if the ears are totally functional, a person may face the problem in hearing.
5. Perinatal problems - The ototoxic effects on the fetus due to excess intake of alcohol during pregnancy lead to hearing the loss in about 64% of the infants born to alcoholic mothers.
Also, premature birth can be associated with hearing loss due to high risk of being exposed to noise in neonatal units.
Knowing about the causes of hearing loss can lead you a step closer to preventing this disorder as you age.
Here are some useful tips that can help prevent hearing loss:
1. Be more aware - You should be diligent and aware of the situations, which may risk your hearing ability and should try to avoid such situations as much as possible. Limit your exposure to sources of hazardous noises like firearms, firecrackers, concerts and clubs.
2. Take precautionary measures - If your occupation calls for working at an environment of loud noises, use earplugs or earmuffs to block out the excessive noise. Also, make sure that you work in a place where employers take all the necessary measures of noise control under the federal or state regulations.
3. Monitor your use of gadgets - Monitor and control the use of hearing devices, and try to reduce the use of headphones/ earphones as much as possible.
Related Tip: Why Do You Get an EAR Discharge?