Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Occupational Therapists in India. You will find Occupational Therapists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Occupational Therapists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Speech Therapy Treatment
Sensory Integration Therapy
Occupational Therapy Treatment
Control Program Occupational Health - Pcmso
Minor Ot Service Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Bonnet KishoreYour feedback matters!
I had played basketball and cricket. My legs now paining severely. I can barely walk. Pain is mainly in the heel and tibia. Advice me some exercise and diet to make them strong again.
I have severe pain in my legs for the past one week. I am taking methycobal [morning and evening] but no relief. Please help.
I have sever pain in the muscle of my left foot heal. previously it was in right foot now it is in left foot.
Joint Replacement Surgery is a procedure where the damaged surface of the advanced arthritic joints are removed and replaced with artificial joints, such as metallic, plastic and ceramic joints.
These surfaces closely replicate the original anatomy.
When do you need a knee replacement?
When you suffer from severe pain or deformity in the joint (knee in this case), the pain or stiffness and deformity makes it difficult to perform simple tasks. Severe grade IV osteoarthritic knees of people over 50 years when have pain, swelling and deformity fail to respond to medicines, physiotherapy, injections and rest.
Aim of the surgery
- Correct the deformity: Relieve the pain and give near full movements almost immediately after the procedure. Details including techniques and safety, it is a safe, rewarding surgery with a success rate of as high as 99.5% when done by an able and experienced professional.
- Anaesthesia: Usually it is the spinal cord epidural where one is rendered numb for 3 to 4 hours waist down. Sometimes a general anaesthesia is given. A 4 to 5 inches cut is made in front of the knee and all the damaged cartilages, bones, loose bodies are removed from the lower end of the thigh, upper end of the tibia (usually of few millimetres) and the surface re-crafted to match the size and shape of the artificial joint (it is usually imported). They are fixed with bone cement. The ligaments and muscles are reattached and the parts closed.
- Recovery: Stand up and walk a few steps with a walker the day after the procedure i.e. in 24 hours. Physiotherapy in hospital for 5 to 7 days and/or walking, progressively longer walks and exercises over the following 15 days. Stitches are removed in 15 days. The patient can return back to normal activity in 4 to 8 weeks the surgery.
- Activities: Normal walks of 3 to 5 km per day Climbing stairs, cycling, swimming, and driving can be performed with the new implant(s) now.
- Avoid: Squatting/kneeling Prohibited: contact sports like football, cricket, tennis; jumping; adventure sports Longevity of joints: 15-35 years depending on the materials used.
Hello sir, I am 50 years he is suffering from buttock pain since 3 days he is on medication of BP no history of diabetic so please suggest him to get ride of buttock ache I need medicine which is available in medical store.
I am 54 year men and from last few months so. time suddenly my left leg ankle swell. Stiff.and pain. Doc say because of uric acid but my uric acid is always under 6.and I am taking feburic 40. Regularly so pl advise.
Are you suffering from joint pain which is causing a lot of distress in undertaking your daily activities? Homeopathy is an effective treatment measure for joint paints which is completely natural and does not involve side effects of any kind. Joint pain is experienced after one of your joints get damaged, and may also result in joint inflammation. The most common causes of joint pain include medical conditions like osteoarthritis, gout, general injuries, sprains, and rheumatoid arthritis. There are several types of homoeopathic medicines that are used for treating joint pain. Here is a list of the best homoeopathic medicines used, along with the symptoms experienced based on which they are prescribed:
Sanguinaria Can and Ferrum Met
- Sanguinaria Can is used for treating joint pains which occur in the shoulder. This medicine is usually used for treating joint pains on the right-hand side of your shoulder. The right shoulder is likely to feel stiff with pain that worsens with movement. The pain is indicated to worsen during night time.
- Ferrum Met, on the other hand, is used for curing left sided shoulder pain. Stiffness and cracking are experienced by a patient in his left shoulder, along with intense pain. The pain is subjected to increase on raising your arms.
- This is a very effective medicine that is used for treating joint pain.
- It helps in the management of both acute and chronic joint pains.
- It is prescribed when marked stiffness and extreme pain are experienced in the joints.
- It is effective in treating joint pains of all forms such as rheumatoid reasons, and joint pain from overexertion. It is common for the pain to worsen when you are immobile and it improves with mobility.
Bryonia and Ruta
- These homoeopathic medicines are used in case of joint pain which occur on the elbows.
- Bryonia is prescribed when the joint pain worsens even when there is no movement. It helps in providing ideal relief. Stiffness and swelling of the elbow joint are also indicated.
- On the other hand, Ruta is used for treating joint pains in the elbow when the pain is situated near your condyles. In such cases, raising and stretching of arms cause the pain to worsen. This medicine is also effective in the case of sore and inflamed tendons near your elbow joint that result in pain.
It is important for you to consult an experienced homeopathic practitioner before starting homoeopathic treatment for joint pains on your own. A doctor will be able to diagnose your condition the best and provide you with the most effective homoeopathic remedies.
I am 56 year old male and I have suffering the knee pain my knees sounds kt kt when sit or stand I show the doctor he said this is arthritis he give me medicine that is Hcq 200; Lefno 20; defcort 6 I have taken thees but I have no result now my rite leg is feeling pain and my foot is like sunn and feet and heels are also feel pain what I do for relief.
I am 18 years old. I wanna clear my question that my right testis is bigger than left one nd sometimes I feels pain when urination is done after some pressure. I wanna ask that is this normal? I have hernia problem nd had a surgery also when I was in K.G.pls help me.
I am 45 years I've pain in my heals .I never stand without sleepers .please suggest that what is the treatment of this.
My mother is 75 years old and she she gets pain in her shoulders which moves towards her jaws when she climbs stairs her angiography reports ate normal lately her legs below the knees especially the calf muscles pain a lot she suffered a mild stroke a few days back she has thyroid hyper.
I am 54 years old woman. In the morning when I get up from bed I get terrible pain at a point on my left heel which gets slightly better later in the day. What is the problem and what medication should I take.
My mother is 48 years old and about 55 kg in weight with 5" 4' height. She usually has pain in her joints. She is having pain from last many years. She had many test including RF Factor test and all are normal. Please suggest what should be done.
I am a female aged 19. I am having a sever shoulder neck and back pain. I have consulted many doctors taken many medicines and applied many ointments but didn't got any relief. My exams are up on my head, can't concentrate on my studies. Please need your help. Thanking you.
From marathon runners to footballers, amongst athletes, 'pulling a hamstring' is the most common type of injury. The hamstring is a group of four muscles at the back of your thigh. When one of these muscles gets overloaded or begins to tear, it is known as a hamstring injury. While a hamstring injury is painful, it does not indicate the end of an athlete's career.
Minor hamstring injuries may heal by themselves. In cases where one of the muscles is torn, surgery is required to repair and reattach the muscles. Recovery time depends on the severity of the injury. Stretching and exercising the muscles of the leg are the most important parts of rehabilitation. The healing of a hamstring injury can be divided into four stages.
- Acute phase: The first five days after a hamstring injury is known as the acute phase of rehabilitation. The aim of treatment at this phase is to reduce inflammation and keep the other muscles from atrophy. For minor hamstring injuries resting the leg, using ice packs and keeping the leg elevated can accelerate the healing process. Once the pain and swelling has decreased, patients can use a cane or crutch to exercise the leg.
- Subacute phase: From the fifth day to the 3rd week after the injury, the focus of the treatment shifts from minimizing swelling to strengthening the leg and increasing the range of possible motions. At this time, an athlete can resume cardiovascular training. Swimming and other forms of aquatic training are said to be especially beneficial to the treatment of hamstring injuries.
- Remodeling phase: The remodeling phase continues upto 6 weeks after the injury. Strengthening the leg is the focus of this stage of treatment. Using ankle weights can be beneficial towards strengthening the leg muscles. It is important to be careful about the weight being used and to gradually increase this weight to avoid an added injury.
- Functional stage: This stage can last upto 6 months until the athlete can regain full function of his or her leg. As the athlete's gait gets back to normal, they may start jogging and short sprints. Gradually, more sport specific exercises may be added to the workout.
There is no fixed time when an athlete can return to active sports after a hamstring injury. While players with minor injuries may return to the field after 3 weeks, athletes with muscles tears may take upto 6 months to recover completely. Hamstring injuries tend to reoccur and hence before they can get back to active sports, an athlete must pass an isometric strength test and flexibility test. This ensures that there are no subtle after effects of the injury that can increase the risk of a repeat injury.