Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Bipasis RoyYour feedback matters!
Sir I am suffering from chicken pox now red colored dots are on my whole body. Sir I want to know that these marks are permanent or not. If not then tell me the way to remove these earlier. Thanks.
My skin has sprouted with black dots please give the ans how to reduce this and skin made smooth please suggest that?
Sir I have skin problem my skin was so oily and skin have a lot of pimple in ma face sir please help me.
What should be the diet followed by one who is suffering from piles? And how it can be cured with out surgery.
Darier's disease is a skin disorder. It is usually chronic in nature and an inherited condition. This disease is not contagious and affects the surface cells of your skin. Generally, it starts affecting a person during adolescence. In this condition, the skin cells are not properly bound together and as a result, blisters may form on the surface of the skin, resulting in the skin becoming scaly in appearance. However, Darier's disease is not caused due to any kind of allergic reaction.
The following causes can be responsible for Darier's disease:
- Calcium deficiency affects desmosomes (skin structure which help the surface cells of the skin to stick together), which can cause Darier's disease.
- Exposure to harmful rays of the sun can worsen your condition
- Perspiration may aggravate Darier's disease
- Darier's disease is hereditary in nature
Some of the most common symptoms of Darier's disease include:
- Rashes may appear on the face, neck, back and chest region
- Your skin may smell pungent
- Viral and bacterial infection may occur
- Your skin tends to become greasy
- Warts may develop on the hands
- Discoloration of the nails is common
Darier's disease can be treated by the following treatment procedures:
- Antibiotic ointment and topical creams (corticosteroids or retinol) can help you to get rid of the itching sensation.
- Laser treatments can prove to be helpful in certain cases.
- Dermabrasion can be considered as a treatment option. It removes the affected surface layer of the skin.
- Your doctor may also prescribe oral medications containing retinoid (compounds having similar effects to those of vitamin A). If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
In homeopathy, when we approach the treatment of skin diseased, we evaluate skin disease in its totality; and try to understand its inner cause, at the level of immunology, hormones, genetics, metabolic, etc. And plan the treatment in such as way that the disease is addressed at the root level, treating the related cause. By treating the disease such as psoriasis or urticaria or lichen planus or vitiligo, we treat the disease at a deeper level so that the disease does not recur for a long time, for many years or months.
While treating the skin diseases at such a deeper level using homeopathy, the homeopathic medicines are administered orally. Homeopathy does not believe in treating skin disease by using lotions or cream. Homeopathy believes that if you treat skin disease by using external lotions, you are actually going to ‘suppress’ or ‘mask’ the disease and not ‘cure’ it.
Its been 2 years suffering from Eosinophilic Esophagitis is there any permanent treatment for this. Please give some light on it with treatment ways.
My father has a higher than normal psa levels in prostrate, counts 15, help to reduce, doctors says to no surgery, his prostrate weights only 84 gms, doctors has given him antibiotics to reduce it Or what can be done further, if it does not come down.
I am 29 years old male, have skin rashes from last two days. Doctors have diagnosed it as acute urticaria .can you please suggest how serious it is? I was advised to take CARTIPRED-8 (twice a day, LORATOP (ONE PER DAY IN THE MORNING, HILERIN-25 (ONE PER DAY AT NIGHT. Please help to clearly understand the cause and severity of the disease.
Sir I go to college travelling 1.5 hours in bus so daily 3 hours for travelling. I have to face smoke, dust,etc. And because of this my face fades and my skin is getting more and more black. Sir please suggest me tips how to make my skin brighter and white.
Im+28+years+old. I lost+all+fairness on+my+face skin became dark. I+tried using of all+creams. But+i+did+not+get+any+result. Give me a good suggestion.
Sir I am fair but my face has became dull and I am facing from black area under my eyes and on my forehead I showed to local skin specialist he gave me a cream but no effect. So please suggest me some things.
I have keloid scar can I apply tadheen skin ointment it's an ayurvedic product please ans my question as soon as possible cuz.
Hernias are mostly treated by surgeries as definitive care. Post-operative period has become comfortable with the invention of minimal-invasive surgeries. Postoperative recovery is smoother and faster after laparoscopic and robotic surgeries.
Yes, the patient has to go for a surgery, if hernias spreads to quite an extent. In such cases, there are several steps that need to be taken as a part of the post-operative care for this surgery. Hernia surgery is quite common in today’s medical world. All you need to have is a good medical practitioner who would operate on you and you need to have complete trust on the expert and their methods of treatment. There are several ways to take care of yourself after the surgery. Some of these are explained below:
- Diet includes liquids at first: During the first few days after the surgery, the patient is offered only liquids. Due to the anaesthesia, it becomes difficult to consume solid food initially. Only when the doctor sees that the patient is fit enough to consume solids, will solid foods be given to the patient. This is also an indicator that the patient is recovering well and might be let off soon from the hospital.
- Patient is discharged only after anaesthetic effects are completely gone: For some time after the surgery, the patient is under the effects of the anaesthesia. If it is a local one then it would take a few hours for its effects to completely subside. But if it is a complex one, then it might take some more time for its effects to completely withdraw. Only after the patient is completely out of the effects of anaesthesia, will he/she be allowed a discharge.
- Avoid headache: Patients are made to lie down flat on their back for at least a few hours after the surgery so that they do not experience anaesthetic headache. This can be painful and unbearable at times. But this can be avoided if the patient lies down for quite some time till the effects of it have worn off.
- Shower: Usually there is a restriction in getting the operated area wet. But a shower can be carefully taken after at least two days of the operation.
Thus, these are some of the most important post-operative hernia surgery care tips. If you adhere to these points, your recovery process will speed up and it would prevent you from getting affected by any other health problems in your recovery period.