Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Bipasis RoyYour feedback matters!
Hi. I am ann I have been applying lemon juice on my armpit because heard that it lightens dark coloured underarms. Its been 2 weeks since I am applying. But past 2 days on my armpit area I have reddishness and itchy feeling. Can you please tell me what is the cause for that and what is the remedy?
Hi I am 23 years old female. Mine is oily skin I am getting pimples from past 4 years. I tried with all remedies. Is it hormones prob or skin problems. Please tell me solution.
I have black shades under my eyes I use face cream every day but no changes when I wakeup in the morning shades become dark I clear my face use fresh water every day little pain under my eyes too what should I do?
Hi, 29 years old female here. I have fungal infection on the both sides of my nose as well as below underlips. Its there since many years. There is a redness & even that area became quite hard in surface as this condition is since 8-10 years and it looks very visible and bad, because I am fair. Even I on regular basis, I get boils & pimples with yellow pus in it over that area. I do use different antiseptic creams but nothing works. Even I have oily skin, specially T zone of my face where its so much oily and gets pimples & boils over this T zone. Please suggest what can I do to get completely rid of this? Thanks.
I am viewing dark circle for last 2 years. But it is not permanent. Curing by taking medicine. . But for last 2 month it is not cured. Doc advised me to go for laser treatment. . I want to know what is it ? And why it comes again and again. . Does water builds inside eyes.
I often bath once or twice monthly. My skin is fair but it became dark some parts is it due to non bathing.
I am having skin infection which I was treating by the medicine named tyza but its not that spreading from some other place.
1. Prevents cancer: as a magnificent source of vitamin c and different cell reinforcements, tomatoes can battle the development of abnormal cells that causes cancer. Lycopene has been connected with prostate tumour prevention. Epidemiologists recommend the consumption of tomato as it helps lower the possibility of prostate cancer. High fibre content of beta-carotene in fruits and vegetables has been proven to bring down the risk of colorectal cancer to a great extent.
2. Blood pressure: low sodium consumption keeps circulatory strain solid. Tomatoes are rich in potassium that helps in the same.
3. Heart's well-being: the fibre, potassium, vitamin c and choline content in tomatoes all bolster the heart's well-being. An expansion in potassium as well as a reduction in sodium is the most essential dietary change that an individual can make to lessen their danger of cardiovascular diseases. Tomatoes additionally contain folic corrosive, which keeps the homocysteine levels under control. It reduces the risk of heart diseases.
4. Diabetes: tomatoes help bring down the blood sugar level in people with type1 diabetes. Whereas, people with type 2 diabetes may have enhanced glucose, lipids and insulin levels. One measure of cherry tomatoes gives around 2 grams of fibre and helps them keep their levels neutralized.
5. Constipation: eating foods that are high in water substance and fibre like tomatoes can help with hydration and advance normal solid discharges. Fibre adds mass to stool and is important for bowel movement.
6. Eye health: tomatoes are a rich sources of lycopene, lutein and beta-carotene, which are intense cancer prevention agents. They have been helpful in protecting the eyes against harm related to the advancement of age-related macular degeneration.
7. Skin: collagen, a fundamental part of the skin, hair, nails and connective tissue, is dependent on vitamin c. An inadequacy of vitamin c leads to certain skin problems. As vitamin c is a capable cancer prevention agent, a low intake can affect the skin and cause harm from uv rays, infections and smoke. This usually results in wrinkles, hanging skin, blemishes and other antagonistic skin diseases.
8. Pregnancy: a good amount of folic acid needs to be present before and during pregnancy to ensure the infants good health inside the mother's womb. This can be found in tomatoes.
My complexion, particularly has become dark gradually since last 5 yrs. I am 45 years old male. I smoke but not a regular smoker.
I have hair follicle bacteria problem like getting heat boils pus swelling in head back and face. There is any permanent treatment is there. And I taken some tablets but still is coming.
I have black dark marks on my face and I am treating by acne soap & other drugs. So I am doing is this correct or wrong? Please help me!
I have. Black spots on my face, neck. And back. It's very. Annoying for me. How can I get over it. Telk me what to do?
Normal skin contains cells called melanocytes. These cells produce melanin, the substance that gives skin its color.
Skin with too much melanin is called hyperpigmented skin.
Skin with too little melanin is called hypopigmented skin.
Pale skin areas are due to too little melanin or underactive melanocytes. Darker areas of skin (or an area that tans more easily) occurs when you have more melanin or overactive melanocytes.
Bronzing of the skin may sometimes be mistaken for a suntan. This skin discoloration often develops slowly, starting at the elbows, knuckles, and knees and spreading from there. Bronzing may also be seen on the soles of the feet and the palms of the hands. The bronze color can range from light to dark (in fair-skinned people) with the degree of darkness due to the underlying cause.
Causes of hyperpigmentation include:
- Skin inflammation (post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation)
- Use of certain drugs (such as minocycline and birth control pills)
- Endocrine diseases
- Sun exposure
Causes of hypopigmentation include: