Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. BhuvaneswariYour feedback matters!
I have had ulcers in my mouth for as long as I can remember. Is there a cure for this? What's the cause?
My mouth smells wen I talk to someone even I brush. That is the major problem for me. Plzzz give me solution.
I am suffering from gum bleeding from past 3 months. But it is not visible to naked eye. Just after getting some changes in taste I came to know about it. Is it a matter of concern?
Hi sir, my name is csj. I am 18 years old. My teeth is getting dull and yellow day by day even brushing twice. Sir give some suggestions.
I am a male of 22 years old, I have only 28 full grown teeth, my last 4 teeth didn't come. Does that a problem, will ever, does the last 4 teeth will come out. Or I will have 28 teeth forever?
I am yogesh 20 year old, I want to take orthodontic treatment to do teeth straighten and space minimize. I don't know what are the best dentist around my landscape, need to know succintly about treatment.
Hi doctor, i had a hole in my upper teeth it was a big one from a long time I get a bad smell from it. And also pain. What should I do. I had a problem in other teeth also. Thank you.
I have been suffering from chronic persistent dry nose with irritation/itching from 1 year. Actually I was working with certain unknown bacteria or virus in a lab without mask. I felt uncomfortable with suffocation. From that time I developed this disorder. No sneezing or stuffiness is bothering me except this irritation/itching/dryness in nose. Steam vapour, saline nasal spray did not work much longer. I don't have dry eyes or dry mouth. Can it be a symptom of Sjogren's Syndrome or some other immune disorder? What is the test for Sjogren's Syndrome? I have no nasal obstruction as confirmed by endoscopy. What are the tests I should do or what are the medicines I should take to cure this?
Sir My Question is related with mouth .sir mai mouth ki chhale se bahot paresaan hu Aksar ye 1 month me 4-5 baar ho jata hai. Sir ishka main reason kya ho sakta hai. Sir If possible hai to koyi Gharelu Upaay bataiye. Plzz.
I have put up braces on my upper teeth last Friday. Since then apart from the pain I am experiencing a lot of ulcers in my gums especially in the gum line above of the upper teeth.
I am 18 years old my teeth are yellow at front side and black like rust can b seen inside my mouth I brush daily but only yellowish removed not black rust can you give me the name of toothpaste that can remove black rust.
Small painful mouth sores can be anywhere in the mouth lips, soft palate, hard palate, cheeks, gum base, tongue and even on the roof of the mouth. When situated inside the mouth, they can cause pain during eating or swallowing, especially with hot or spicy foods. A bigger cause for concern is that these mouth sores or mouth ulcers or canker sores could be an indication of an underlying health condition. A lot of chronic diseases, including HIV, herpes, and syphilis, manifest themselves as mouth sores. The following are some of the health conditions to watch out for when you have mouth sores. Each disease has characteristic appearance and so very often are easy to identify.
1. Herpes simplex (HSV1): The herpes simplex virus causes sores on the lips only which are usually painful with red blisters that last about 10 to 14 days. These are caused by herpes simplex virus type 1 and the sores appear about 20 days after contracting the virus. Also, once they enter the system, they can cause recurrent attacks especially when the immunity is low.
2. Canker sore: The most common type of mouth ulcer, they are also known as aphthous ulcers and are usually seen on the soft tissues of the mouth (not the hard palate or the gum base). These are generally innocuous and heal within 5 to 7 days. Do reach out for medical help if there are more than 5 to 6 bouts of canker sores in a year.
3. Oral thrush: Also known as candidiasis, this is where there are whitish lesions on the tongue and the insides of the mouth. Candida is a fungus that is normally present in the mouth, but when the immune system is weakened, it can lead to an infection, orally manifested as white lesions. These are typical and appear in toddlers and in patients with anemia, diabetes, HIV/AIDS, or cancer patients on chemotherapy.
4. HIV/AIDS: Another disease which first can be diagnosed in the mouth is HIV/AIDS. In the first stages of infection, known as acute retroviral syndrome, where the first symptoms of the disease begin to manifest, oral ulcers are one of the first symptoms. With the other associated symptoms, more workup for diagnosis should be done followed by appropriate treatment.
5. Oral cancers: The lining of the inside of the mouth can develop cancer and usually it appears in the form of chronic non healing ulcer that just does not go away. Seen anywhere in the mouth, nonhealing ulcers are a cause for concern and should be investigated and treated.
As seen above, mouth sores may be harmless often, but in some cases, may have something more to tell about the health in some cases. Consult an expert & get answers to your questions!