Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. BhuvaneshwariYour feedback matters!
I am 10 week pregnant. My ESR is 26 it should be between 0 - 20. Could you please tell me what is the issue.
I have pcos 1 year back ago but now my periods are regular but pregnancy not occur pls suggest me some treatment.
I am 37 years of age. I did not have my periods this month it was scheduled somewhere between 26th n 28th November. Although I have done pregnancy test which came negative. Please advice what should I do as I dot want to conceive.
DASH stands for Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension. It is an eating plan that is based on research studies sponsored by the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI). These studies showed that DASH lowers high blood pressure and improves levels of cholesterol. This reduces your risk of getting heart disease.
The DASH Diet
- Emphasizes vegetables, fruits, and fat-free or low-fat dairy products.
- Includes whole grains, fish, poultry, beans, seeds, nuts, and vegetable oils.
- Limits sodium, sweets, sugary beverages, and red meats.
Along with DASH, other lifestyle changes can help lower your blood pressure. They include staying at a healthy weight, exercising, and not smoking.
Radiology is a branch of medicine that deals with diagnosis and treatment of diseases using radiant energy. Radiology uses the imaging technology like ultrasound, x-ray radiography, Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Computed Tomography (CT), Positron Emission Tomography (PET), nuclear medicine. The imaging technology helps the doctor (or physician) to see within the human body and helps you get diagnosed and treated in a better way.
Radiology is also referred to as radioscopy or clinical radiology where the latter refers to the diagnosis and treatment of fatal injuries/diseases. Radiologist is a doctor who has specialized in radiology after completion of a formal medical course to become a certified doctor. Radiographer is in turn a technician who specializes in the physical operation of scans and machines like x-rays etc. You must be well aware that the Radiologist is a professional doctor but the Radiographer is just a technician.
The following are the various uses of radiology when it comes to monitor the activity of your heart:
- MRI: It is known as Magnetic Resonance Imaging and it makes use of the energy stored in your body’s hydrogen atoms. It uses highly advanced computer 2-D and 3-D images and no ionizing radiation is used in MRI. The activity with the heart can be precisely recorded by MRI scan.
- Nuclear medicine: It involves giving your body a small tracker or a radioactive material which records the radiation coming from your body using special cameras like gamma cameras or PET. It can measure the complexity of your heart disease.
- Fluoroscopy: It helps to give real time visualization of the body by using x-rays that allow the doctor to efficiently monitor the body part, joint and bones as well as the activity that pertains to the heart.
- Ultrasound: It is a test which uses high frequency sound waves to form an image within the insides of any human organ like blood vessels or the heart. Many prefer this form of imaging test which uses sound waves instead of radiation and is considered less harmful.
- Computed Tomography: In this type of scan, a 3-D image is formed through several 2-D images taken at a single line of axis rotation. This test is useful as it gives detailed images of specific parts of the body like blood vessel, arteries, and soft tissues surrounding your heart. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Radiologist.
My sister has no child and it has passed 10 years of her marriage. She is 40 years old. She married in June 2007. Her first child was born dead through operation in 2008. After that she got pregnant many times but within two to three months fetus dropped out. Please suggest what should she do to get a child.
My periods days are decreasing day by day I did some test by advice of gync which she said ovary layer thickness but I am not satisfy for her consultation.
Hi. I have pcos and my gyn put me on fertomid this month. Today is the 2nd day. I need to know when can we plan to have baby. Like what is the best time to do intercourse to have baby through fertomid. And what is the success percentage?
What is the difference between pregnancy week and gestational week because it shows that in 14 weeks of pregnancy fetus weight should be 43g nd in my usg it showed dat on my 14wk nd 06 days of gestational weeks my fetus weight was 102g. I am really confused. Is my fetus weight normal. Or there is something to worry about. Please help wid a proper and clear advice.
I am 3 months 2 days pregnant. However my pregnancy is through IVF 1st cycle. I am on duphaston & sustain (insert one), frolic acid, iron & calcium tablet. Still my doctor says to continue all 3 for 1 more month and later will see. I am confused. How long I have to take these many medi.
My last LAMP is 10.01.17, my hcg level on 21.02.17 is 1624. But in TVS scan my doctor found only 2.6 mm sac and no fetal pole was observed. This is giving lot of tension to me pls suggest the best & chance of my pregnancy.
Sir blood test kiya urin test kiya thyroid test bhi kiya report nil aya tha aur Dr. ne tablet diya ovalife liya tha 2 month continue abhi m.c ke bad folinex diya hai 1 mahine ke liye aur 5 din ke liye clofert diya hai but yahi pichli bhar bar bhi diya kuch asar nai pada aur abhi vahi dawai chal rahi hain.
Hi doctor. I have taken dolowin plus last month when we were planning for a baby as told by consulted doctor. Now am conceived. On googling. It's mentioned that it has very side effect to the baby. Please help me in this regard. Thanks and Regards.
What is vaginal dryness and how can it affect you?
Vaginal dryness is often a result of menopause and it is capable of affecting women of any age. Although it feels like a minor irritation, it can have a huge impact on a person's sex life. Normally, the vaginal walls are lubricated with a layer of clear fluid. The 'oestrogen' hormone is used to maintain this thin layer of fluid, thus keeping the vaginal lining thick, elastic and healthy. However, menopause brings about a condition known as vaginal atrophy, which is a drop in the levels of oestrogen and this greatly reduces the level of vaginal moisture that is available. Improper lubrication of the vagina can result in painful sex which in turn affects libido, arousal and desire.
Treatment: The most common treatment for this condition resulting from low levels of oestrogen is Topical oestrogen therapy. In this, hormones which are no longer secreted by the body are replaced by the topical oestrogen. Even though Topical Oestrogen Therapy is helpful in relieving the symptoms of vaginal dryness, the treatment pales in comparison to oral oestrogen hormone therapy (HT).
Usually, women mostly use one of the three types of vaginal oestrogen listed below:
- Vaginal oestrogen tablet: A tablet is inserted into the vagina using a disposable applicator. The procedure is carried out once daily during the initial two weeks of treatment, after which it can be inserted twice a week.
- Vaginal oestrogen ring: A soft and flexible ring is inserted inside the vagina, either by the patient or the doctor. Oestrogen, in the form of a steady stream, is then released directly to the vaginal tissues by this ring. Replacement of this ring is done every three months.
- Vaginal oestrogen cream: An applicator is used to apply cream to the vagina daily. The frequency of application can be reduced as per doctor's advice.
Side effects and aftercare: Side effects such as breast pain and vaginal bleeding are common when any form of oestrogen product is used. Vaginal moisturisers should be used to keep the vagina lubricated. Use of water-based lubricants during sex can make it more enjoyable. Use of bubble baths, scented soaps, douches and lotions around the sensitive area of the vagina should be avoided as these products can worsen the problem.