Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Bhuvaneshwari
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. BhuvaneshwariYour feedback matters!
I Had my periods on Jan 24th. It was light and for 2 and 1/2 days. 4th day it was not there, then again it was there on the 5th day. Now after 1 week, that is on feb 4, my periods came again. Is it normal? Is it due to stress? Could I be pregnant?
I had sex on November but after that from November to February I was having normal period. My last date for period was 13th feb but in march its 17 but I do not have period till now. What to do to get periods on time? And is there any chance that I am pregnant?
I am 20 year girl I like masturbating and in night I feel like fuck my brother cock, sometimes his cock will be erected,I always use to watch his cock and I use to wear his dress in night and he will not put undergarments in night, his cock will be clearly seen How can I control it?
I have a baby of 4 years, he has A+ blood group & I am AB-. My husband is O+. Is there any problem is 2nd baby.
My marriage finished before 1 year. I was pregnant and its aborted concerned doctor tell me that I have a small chest in ovary.
Sexual dysfunction is a disorder that is characterized by problems in your sexual life. It can cause you to lose interest and hence, not engage in any sexual activity. This disorder can affect people of all ages, however, the risk of sexual dysfunction increases with age. The usual symptoms of sexual dysfunction are low libido levels and erectile dysfunction.
Sexual Dysfunction in Women:
Low Libido- Low levels of estrogen hormone in your body can lead to low libido. Other causes of low libido are anxiety, fatigue and depression.
Dryness of the Vagina- Vaginal dryness occurs due to hormonal changes that occur in the body once menopause sets in. This leads to pain during sexual intercourse and impaired sexual arousal. Certain psychological issues such as anticipation or fear of painful sex and anxiety can also cause vaginal dryness.
Pain During Sex- Women may experience pain during sexual intercourse which may be caused by dryness in the vagina or endometriosis (growth of uterus lining tissues out of the uterus). Pain during sex can also be accompanied by a burning sensation in the genitals.
Orgasm Concerns- Certain antidepressant medications can lead to an inability to orgasm. It can also have psychological causes such as anxiety and depression.
Sexual Dysfunction in Men:
Low Libido- In men, a dip in the levels of testosterone in the body can lead to a dip in libido levels. If you are suffering from higher stress levels, it can lead to lack of sexual desire.
Erectile Dysfunction- This is characterized by an inability to get or maintain an erection long enough for unhindered sexual intercourse. This disorder is most likely caused by medical disorders such diabetes and hypertension. It can also be caused by stress and depression.
Ejaculation Problems- Ejaculation problems include both inability to ejaculate and premature ejaculation. Sexual trauma, certain medications and sexual anxiety contribute to this disorder.
Tips to Overcome ED
Consuming herbal preparations to rejuvenate the reproductive organs.
Massaging the body with herbal oil which gives a relief from physical exertion and also acts as aphrodisiac.
Practicing Yoga and Meditation to overcome mental exertion and to cope up with stress.
Sleep at least for 8 hours a day.
Avoiding the consumption of alcohol, tobacco, heroin etc.
Avoid hot, spicy and bitter foods.
Favor sweets, milk products, nuts and urad dal.
Add little ghee in your diet.
Give a gap of four days between two consecutive intercourses
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
"Men get naughty at 40 forty" but for women, the case may be very-very different. By their thirtieth birthday, many women begin complaining of a lowered libido or lack of interest in sex with their partner. This can be quite frustrating for both partners and can lead to a rift in the relationship. Hence, it becomes essential to pay attention to this condition.
The first step to finding a solution to any problem is to understand the factors that trigger it. Some causes for a lowered libido in women are:
- Birth Control and Medication: Birth control essentially manipulates the hormone levels in the body. While this may prevent unwanted pregnancies, a lowered libido is a common side effect of birth control medication. Antidepressants also have similar side effects.
- Over Working: Working hard is a good thing but too much of a good thing can have a negative effect on your health. In this case, overworking may lead to stress, anxiety, fatigue and burnout. This can lead to a weakened adrenal gland. The adrenal glands are responsible for the production of testosterone and in this way, working too hard can be the reason for women to not enjoy sex as much as they once used to.
- Hormonal Changes: With age, every woman faces hormonal changes. This can result in a lack of lubrication making intercourse uncomfortable. Over time, this can lower libido considerably.
- Ways to Enhance a Woman's Libido: A lowered libido isn't something you have to quietly accept. Here are a few ways to enhance a woman's libido.
- Go on a date: Intercourse is as much an emotional exercise as it is a physical one. Cutting back from other responsibilities, work, children etc and spending time alone with your partner can help you emotionally reconnect with him.
- Meditation: Meditation can help calm the mind and reduce stress. This, in turn, will enhance the production of testosterone in the adrenal glands and thereby enhance libido. Meditation can also help you disconnect from worries and tensions that may be weighing you down.
- Medication: When it comes to a diminished libido, medication may be an effective form of treatment, but it must be tailored to the individual. While estrogen skin creams may be beneficial for some women, others may benefit from testosterone supplements. A few antidepressants can also enhance a woman's libido by increasing dopamine and norepinephrine levels. Viagra can also help enhance a woman's libido especially in cases where the lowered libido was caused by antidepressants.