Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. BhuvaneshwariYour feedback matters!
Hi, I had pain in my left lower abdomen to left thigh and knee after my periods and pain had gone later and now I'm having my period and getting the same pain slightly. please help.
Me and my wife r planning to hva a bady from last three month. But she is nt able to conceive. What is the reason.
Pregnancy is one of the most transformative experiences in the life of a woman. Every moment of pregnancy is filled with intense joy and anticipation. However, due to massive hormonal fluctuations during this time period, there can be moments of unexplained depression and distress. This happens mostly due to the metamorphosis that the body undergoes in order to accommodate the growth and development of a new life. During this time, innumerable physical changes take place.
Other major change that can vary from one woman to another depends on their lifestyle, general health, diet and self-care routine. Another important factor to consider is the kind of drugs that the doctors prescribe which can affect the body in different ways.
Ways in which your body transforms during pregnancy
- Skin: The rise in the levels of oestrogen often provides the “pregnancy glow” to the skin. It can temporarily make the skin look even toned and healthy. However, it may also affect the skin in a negative manner; give rise to blotchy pigmentation, rashes, under eye dark circles. The increase in oil secretion causes acne outbreaks. Stretch marks are common problems that do not seem to go easily. These are visible mostly near the abdomen and on the limbs.
- Hair: On a regular basis, almost 100 hair strands fall out, and new hair strands take their place. This continues in a cyclical process. During pregnancy, the follicles are mostly locked in a growing phase that causes a surge in the volume of hair. After the birth of the baby, the extra follicles start falling out and this phase can cause a lot of distress to the new mother. However, with proper care and medication, the excessive hair fall should be in control in a month or two.
- Bodyache: Back pain , especially in the pelvic or lower back region is one of the most common occurrences in the advanced stages of pregnancy. This is accompanied by headaches, swollen legs or tingly, numb feeling in the hands. The substantial increase in water retention is most visible in the legs and feet and may make walking or standing painfully difficult. Varicose veins develop and worsen during pregnancy. The sudden, yet temporary weight gain causes difficulty in movement.
- Digestion: The digestive system slows done during pregnancy. This happens due to a number of chemical secretions, hormones and in most cases, the inability to remain physically active as before. This leads to a rise in acidity, indigestion and most commonly, constipation.
- Incontinence: The pressure on the urethra can lead to difficulty in urination and cause incontinence.
- Heart, lungs and blood pressure: The heart has to work harder than before and pump extra blood to the growing baby within the womb. This causes an increase in the pulse rate and blood circulation throughout the baby. The blood pressure fluctuates and may drop down during the second trimester as the pregnancy hormones often cause the blood vessels to relax. This is often the reason for dizziness and disorientation during pregnancy. In case of patients with hypertension, the blood vessels may constrict and can create a medical emergency situation.
- Breasts: The increase in progesterone and estrogen, and the milk producing hormone ‘prolactin’ create visible changes in the breasts. This includes darkening of the areola, increase in the blood flow to the breasts, erection and hypersensitivity in the nipples and the growth in the milk sacs, ducts and lobes.
Most of these symptoms improve and disappear in a few weeks after child birth and the body starts recovering. The sheer exhaustion of childbirth takes a toll on the physical and mental health of the mother. There is utmost need of rest and proper nutrition. There is no need to rush to heal yourself, it is best left to nature along with a few guidelines that a doctor will help you with.
While having intercourse with my hubby I feel pain every time and not able to continue. Is this any serious issue?
I am 38 virgin until wedding. I think I have no STD, I married on 22-05-2015 divorced women of 32 I don't know she is infected from 1st husband one like STDs I think 1) herpes HSV-2 I infected 2) she has small 1-2mm size pimples like puss pimples in her pubic area If you give your mail ID I will send you photos of infection I have small doubt Is there any laboratory test for HSV-2 and HPV.
My wife is now in 5th month. Her height is 5.2 and weight is 70.5kg. Please guide what precautions or exercises should we follow for a normal delivery. Please provide diet to be followed during 2nd trimester.
Hello. I was married 6 months before. But I am not getting pregnant. My periods are due on 20th every month. But this month I am feeling slight pain in the lower stomach. I am frequently urinating and also feel very sleepy. Are these symptoms of pregnancy?
I have some problem in penetrating into my girlfriend's vagina. It is soo tensed n penetration is not getting done. What can I do for this. Can she take any medication?
Sir I have to ask a question 15 days ago I had sex with my girl friend now she feels stress and after using pregnancy test the double line comes she says she was pregnant. And she was too much worry about this even I am also what can I do. I fell shy from doctor what to do I cannot understand and also time goes. What should I do for her please suggest me. She says that she miss the 10 days of her period date now she sure about her pregnancy.
Most women have started menstrual periods in 11 to 13 years of age, that is called as" menarche. That time period may be irregular because of menarche or hormonal imbalance, menstrual periods also may be irregular at the other end of the menstrual years that is called as" menopause"
Causes of irregular period:
1- Excessive weight loss or gain, obesity is also a very common cause of irregular period
2- Emotional stress
5- Medicines such as birth control methods, which may cause lighter, less frequent, more frequent, or skipped periods or no periods at all
6- Hormone problems. This may cause a change in the levels of the hormones that the body needs to support menstruation
7- Problems with the pelvic organs, such as imperforate hymen, polycystic ovary syndrome
9- Hypo or hyperthyroidism
10- Improper diet
Treatment for this:
1- Relax after work and make time to de-stress. Try yoga, a hot bath or reading a book
2- Take proper diet
3- The warming properties of turmeric improve the hormonal imbalance and regulate the menstruation cycle, its anti-inflammatory and antispasmodic properties reduce the cramping. Take a ¼ teaspoon of turmeric powder and add it to the lukewarm milk, take it every day.
4- Carrots are the good source of iron and regulate proper functioning of the hormone, drink carrot juice in daily basis.
I took ipill on 8th june after unprotected sex. My period are due 13th of june. And I still do not feel any pms. I am worried.:(Does ipill causes delayed menses? Or did ipill failed? How will I know.
My doct prescribed me eema hp 5000 / 10000 injection and ecosprin tablets or other med next 1 and half month my last period date 1 april I an taking these med last two weeks today I done my ultrasound I am pregnant and it is normal why doctor suggest these med?
Hello Dr. Am 24 year old female. Trying for baby married about 2 year Dr. Told me my all reports are normal and my husband (35 old) reports are also normal, Dr. Giving treatment fertomid tablet 2 tablet at night and folic acid 1 tab @morning. About three months taken My weight is 69, height is 5.2 bu my stomach is increasing day by day look like am pregnant but not am pregnant worried about this why this is happening. Is weight is cause to my pregnancy and is to-do non veg control .tell me worried about this tell me give me any medicine for weight loss please please please Dr.
Do you love to eat up the whole fruit? Or, is it the freshly crushed juice that appeals to you more. Both as you know are healthy options. However, is there really a difference between the nutritional value of the two, if it involves the same fruit?
The answer is a big 'Yes'.
While freshly squeezed fruit juice is a healthy addition to your daily diet, it cannot replace eating whole fruits (or vegetables). In the choice between juicing and eating whole fruits, though juicing has its advantages, the latter offers more nutrition. Here's why.
Advantage: Juicing is convenient
The convenience of gulping down a glass of juice versus eating a whole fruit is one of the biggest advantages of juicing. However, this counts as a convenience only if you aren't making the juice and cleaning the juicer yourself. When you have to make your own juice, it probably would be easier to simply cut and eat the fruit.
Advantage: Juicing makes it easier for the body to absorb nutrients
Juicing is said to make absorbing nutrients easier for people with digestive diseases such as inflammatory bowel diseases. This is because the process of juicing removes fibers thus giving the digestive system less work to do. Another advantage is eating a whole fruit fills you up more than drinking a glass of juice. This allows you to take in higher amounts of vitamins, minerals, enzymes etc. However, this theory has not been proved.
Disadvantage: Juicing removes fiber
Though the removal of fiber makes it easier for the body to digest fruit juice, this loss of fiber is actually a disadvantage for people with a healthy digestive system. Since the digestive system does not have to work on digesting fibers in juice, the body uses fewer calories in the process. Lesser calories burnt imply lesser weight loss. Since juices are digested faster than whole fruits, hunger is satisfied for shorter periods of time leading to an increased appetite.
Disadvantage: Juicing removes flavonoids
Along with a loss of fiber, flavonoids found in the skin and fruit pulp are also lost in the process of juicing. Flavonoids have been linked to longevity and are best known for their antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties that help prevent a number of cardiovascular diseases. In citrus fruits, the whole fruit is said to have five times the flavonoids as a glass of juice made from them.
To fuse the convenience of juice and the healthiness as whole fruit, use a blender instead of a juicer. This way, you don't lose any fruit pulp and can enjoy a tasty glass of juice.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.