Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. BhuminathanYour feedback matters!
One of my tooth is damaged then I fitted cement in my tooth after some days my tooth is leaved the cement. What I should do.
Good evening Doctors What is the best medicine, food and fruits which we can able to have for the fastest recovery of mouth ulcer.
My wisdom tooth is a problem. It there any complication if I get it out ad what precaution should I need to take after it.
I have a small gap between my front two teeth. I want to fill it up. So what's the best way to fill it up. And what is the approx cost of filling it up?
How I can solve the problem I e our teeth can not smell? Why teeth can smell sir/mam. I am 20 years old.
I bit my lip very badly while eating chicken. I am not even able to eat anything. Suggest me any solution.
There is bit swelling in face from last 1 year. Means its swelling in cheeks. And face looks bigger than normal.
Blood comes from my teeth whenever I brush my teeth, eat or sometimes blood comes on its own, please help me.
I got there problem. When I brush my there without toothbrush. I got bleeding in my there. Pleasehelp.
Sir I have a problem repeated to my teeth I have a cavity inside the that day by day it is going pain too much I can't eat a single thing I can't. Plzz help.
Brush your teeth twice a day—in the morning and before bed—and floss once a day. This removes plaque, which can lead to damaged teeth, gums, and surrounding bone.
Use a toothpaste that contains fluoride, which helps prevent tooth decay and cavities. Ask your dentist if you need a mouthwash that contains fluoride or one with ingredients that fight plaque.
Avoid foods that contain a lot of sugar. Sugar helps plaque grow.
Avoid using tobacco products, which can cause gum disease and oral cancer. Exposure to tobacco smoke (secondhand smoke) also may cause gum disease as well as other health problems.
Practice tongue cleaning. You can use a tongue cleaner or a soft-bristle toothbrush, stroking in a back-to-front direction. Tongue cleaning is particularly important for people who smoke or whose tongues are coated or deeply grooved.
Schedule regular trips to the dentist based on how often you need exams and cleaning.
I got teeth sensitivity during the drinking the water around 2 months. I have already use sensodyne tooth pase, Surya dant manjan etc. but not get any relief so kindly provide suggestion.
Hello Dr. Mere niche k teeth sahi nahi h(aage peeche, uper neeche.) And my age 23 male. Me unhe Thik karna chahta hu. Mujhe kya karna padega.
I'm 33 year's old. I brush my teeth every day for about half an hour. But my teeth looks yellowish in colour. I used almost all the paste. But no change. Is there any way to make my teeth look whiter. And how much does it cost for the treatment.?
Poor dental habits often invariably lead to complicated dental issues and hence expensive treatments. And, to maintain the general good health of your teeth, brushing is not enough. It is very important to regularly floss too.
Difference between brushing and flossing: For those who consider brushing and flossing to be similar, here is where the difference lies. While you brush your teeth, it's only the surface that gets cleaned. But the dirt that gets accumulated between the gaps of your teeth can only be cleaned by using a thin nylon thread, and that process is known as flossing. Avoiding flossing can lead to cavities and decay and also gum diseases at times.
Benefits of Flossing:
- Reduces the risk of heart diseases: Periodontal diseases, that is, diseases of the teeth, gums and mouth, can lead to heart diseases. Thus maintaining oral health can reduce the risk of any major ailments manifold. It can also help you to avoid the risk of diabetes and high body mass index.
- Cleaner breath: Flossing cleans the dirt between the teeth that gets accumulated when we eat. The accumulated food, if not taken out, starts decaying and creates bacteria and results in bad breath, leaving a bad impression.
- Cleaner and glossier teeth: Flossing regularly keeps your teeth clean and white. It also makes your teeth gleam, making your smile more attractive.
- Keeps you healthy while you are pregnant: During pregnancy, some women suffer from enamel wear and gum diseases. Thus, flossing regularly even while you are pregnant can help you maintain your dental health.
Types of dental floss:
- Waxed and unwaxed dental floss: Waxed dental floss is much smoother than the unwaxed version, and as a result, moves more easily between the teeth. On the other hand, unwaxed dental floss can be a little rough to use in the beginning.
- Teflon floss: Made of Teflon, this type of floss is extremely easy to navigate between the teeth and rarely gets stuck between teeth.
- Thread floss: This one works just like the other flosses, but is simply made of a different material, that is, nylon.
- Tape Floss: As compared to the other type of flosses, this particular floss is a little thick and is suitable for people who have wider gaps between their teeth.
You can also stick to flossing aids for maintaining proper dental hygiene. They are usually perfect for people who find the conventional forms difficult to adapt to. However, such aids may be more expensive than regular flosses.
You can also use a toothpick or an interdental brush in case you wish to avoid flossing. Just make sure that the dirt comes out, no matter which method you take up! Keep Smiling!