Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. BhavaniYour feedback matters!
Yesterday was my wife's period's 4th and last day. We had sex last night without protection. Should she use pill? If there is any chance to be pregnant?
Hi doc, I wanted to ask you that my wife had a periods 8 days back and now within a week she started with a period again .So I am kind of confused, would be great if you can help out.
The day I got periods and vagina was itching and I was having irritation in that area. This happened for three days and then it stopped itching in the day time but for the past 3 days its been itching at night as soon as I go to bed. There is no different sort of discharge or any pain during urine. I feel better after I apply candid antifungal powder there. Anything that I can do to cure this & why is this happening?
It said on internet if have sex 2 days before ovulation then you will definitely become pregnant because had sex 1-2 days before ovulation most fertile time. is it true.
Doctor Please give me the solution my breast is sagging and I've 14 month baby still breast feeding is there. I'm totally low weight now did any solution for both these.
I am 23 year old female and have pcos I can not concentrate on anything. I always ruminate. I always reacted on small things please suggest something. Thanks.
My problem is not a biological? it is Social, but related to doctors? i m having pain in my testicle and noticed floating lump also? dont know how to tell anyone about this? plz help
While we all believe that green leafy vegetables are to be included as part of our regime, not all of us know in detail the amount of goodness that is packed in these. The first thing that comes to mind at the thought of leafy green vegetable is the tender, green, luscious looking spinach. However, not all of us know the amount of goodness and nutrition it stores within in. Spinach, though appears to be delicate and light, puts up a strong fight against inflammatory problems, stress-related problems, cardiovascular issues, bone diseases, and various types of cancers.
- Minerals and vitamins: Fresh green spinach is loaded with a multitude of vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, B6, C and K. Major minerals contained in spinach include manganese, iron, magnesium, copper, potassium, phosphorus, and selenium.
- Anti-cancer benefits: The antioxidant properties in spinach come from carotenoids and flavonoids, and it is loaded with about a dozen flavonoid compounds, thereby getting a strong anti-inflammatory and anti-carcinogenic properties. Spinach helps in reducing inflammation in the stomach lining and other areas, thereby reducing chances of intestinal cancer. It also provides significant protection against prostate cancer. The incidence of skin papilloma is also reduced with increased consumption of spinach.
- Anti-inflammatory benefits: The good amounts of vitamin C, E, A, zinc, manganese, selenium are beneficial for reducing stress and thereby reduce incidence of heart attacks and high blood pressure. Spinach also is rich in protein and contains some peptides (small protein units) which inhibits angiotensin-converting enzyme, which is responsible for increasing blood pressure. This is another way how spinach helps lower blood pressure.
- Eyes: Lutein and zeaxanthin are two carotenoids, which protects the eyes against cataracts and macular degeneration.
- Bones: The bacteria in the stomach convert vitamin K1 in spinach to vitamin K2. While vitamin K1 supports the bones by reducing the number of osteoclasts (cells that break down bones), vitamin K2 activates osteocalcin, which promotes bone formation. The high levels of calcium and magnesium only make it even better for the bones.
- Digestive system: With the good fiber content it has, there is reduced instance of constipation. The anti-inflammatory property helps keep the stomach lining healthy and less prone to ulcers. It also helps flush out toxins and keeps the body alkaline, which helps beat stress.
- Skin: The various minerals and vitamins in spinach reduces chances of skin infections and also adds to the glow of the skin. The itchiness and dryness of the skin also is reduced with regular use of spinach.
So the next time you are thinking, which is one thing you should pick up when you go to the market, think spinach.
What protection should be taken for first time sex. What preventive measure should be taken for avoiding unwanted pregnancy.
I have a symptoms of pregnancy from last 1 month but bleeding comes before 2days of period with pain and vomiting. Pl confirm I have pregnant or not.
I'm Maahi, 21 years old unmarried girl. I have an unprotected sex with my bf on 31st july. After dis on 13th of august I hav got my periods then again on 4 and 5 September, 2016 I have an unprotected sex but this time after an sex i'll immediately take (Ipill) contraceptive pill within 12 hours after sex. I have got my last periods on 13 august, 2016. Everytime I got my periods at the gap of 24-25 days. So according to this after 13 august my next period date was 5 or 6 September, 2016 but still i'm not getting my periods. Plzz tell me is there any chance of pregnancy? I'm so worried please give me suggestion.
You might have come across this word ‘nutraceutical’ and you may have wondered what the meaning of that word is. Nutraceutical may be a food or a part of food that not only provides taste but also provides health benefits, including prevention or treatment of disease. Doesn’t that sound interesting, why we should use those medicines when we have something so natural as our food?
NUTRACEUTICAL= NUTRITION + PHARMACEUTICAL
The first thing that jumps to our mind when we think of wheatgrass is ‘What can a grass do to my body?’ But the truth will blow your mind- wheatgrass is an effective healer because it contains 70% chlorophyll, all minerals known to man and it is loaded with vitamin A, B-complex, C, E and K. it is extremely rich in protein and contains 17 amino acids, the building blocks of protein.
ALOE VERA JUICE
This spiky green gem is a very ancient plant which is known to have medicinal properties. An amazing skin tonic that restores skin’s natural beauty. It also replenishes your body with amino acids. Great source of vitamin A, B1, B2, B3, C, E, folic acid. Aloe Vera is one of the few plants that contains vitamin B12. This doesn’t just end with vitamins but it’s a superb source of minerals like copper, chromium, magnesium, zinc and potassium.
Who doesn’t like the sprinkling of cinnamon on fresh apple or tea? It’s just one of those spices that tastes awesome. But taste is not the only reason to love cinnamon, it has amazing health benefits too. It can cure arthritis, indigestion, heart disease, weight loss, bladder infection, fatigue, tooth ache, cold, upset stomach and cholesterol. Steep in hot water for a cup of cinnamon tea, place on top of your ground coffee before brewing, add to your breakfast oatmeal or toss in while cooking grains like rice or lentils- various ways and countless benefits.
The ‘mother’ of all vinegars- apple cider vinegar has wide-ranging uses which includes everything from curing hiccups to alleviating cold symptoms and many people have turned to apple cider vinegar to help fight diabetes, high cholesterol levels and it aids in weight loss too (thanks to its acetic acid content.) It is a natural cure for a number on ailments such as diabetes, asthma, migraines, blood pressure, arthritis and stomach illnesses.
Triphala, a cornerstone of ayurvedic medicine, is a composite herbal preparation of three fruits- ‘tri’-three ‘phala’-fruits. One of the most important component of triphala is amla or Indian gooseberry which is a tremendous source of vitamin C and a powerful antioxidant. Triphala has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. It boosts immunity, relieves constipation, purifies blood, promotes weight loss and improves liver function.
ISABGOL/ PSYLLIUM HUSK
Psyllium husk has a long history of use in traditional and herbal medicines. It is a natural, soluble fiber derived from husks of psyllium seeds. These tiny stuff grows up to 20 times when they reach our stomach and forms a gel-like mass that helps to transport waste to intestinal tract. It also been used to regulate blood glucose levels, lower cholesterol and relieve both diarrhoea and constipation.
There are ample references to guggul and its medicinal properties in ayurvedic medicine, which describes its use in wide variety of conditions. Some of these are obesity, heart disease, diabetes, arthritis and cholesterol. It also improves thyroid function, fat-burning activity of body and also decreases the risk of stroke.
Green tea is one of the most commonly used teas all over the world. While many people enjoy the mild taste of green tea, it may have more benefits than simply being a refreshing beverage. It may help you become healthier and fight certain types of diseases. You can lose weight, avoid flu, boost memory, lower bad cholesterol and even boost exercise endurance with the help of a tea, what more do we need?