Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Bhavana Metha
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Bhavana MethaYour feedback matters!
Of the few things which make summers in the sub-continent somewhat bearable, the watermelon is certainly a chart-topper. Nothing can refresh our tired and dehydrated bodies more than juicy watermelon cubes after a day at the office. The very sight of the large green fruit quenches our thirst somehow.
For a fruit this delicious, the benefits may seem add-ons but take a look at the following and you are sure to jump into the watermelon fan club, in case you are not a member yet:
1. Hydrates the body
The water content in the fruit is more than 90%. Having as little as a cup full of watermelon cubes replenishes fluid level in the body. Electrolytes like calcium, magnesium, potassium and iron are present in abundance that aids the rehydration process.
2. Rejuvenates eye and skin health
Watermelon has a very high vitamin a content. This is a powerful anti-oxidant that fights free radicals in the body and is great for vision and skin. Vitamin a goes a long way in boosting the body's immunity as well.
3. Promotes health of vital organs
Watermelon is a source of potassium. This essential mineral controls blood pressure and the heart rate thereby ensuring proper functioning of the heart. Also, the kidney is another organ that is benefited owing to the water and mineral content of the fruit.
4. Relieves muscle pains
Arginine is an amino acid that improves blood circulation in the body and relaxes the tissue. Watermelon contains the amino acid citrulline that is synthesized into arginine automatically in the body. Thus, it is a food of choice for athletes.
5. Reduces tanning
Watermelon is the richest natural source of lycopene, an antioxidant that combats UV-ray induced free radicals which cause sunburns. Owing to this, only two cups of watermelon can help you get brighter and glowing skin.
6. Promotes sexual health
Studies have shown the fruit to beef up libido in humans. The improved circulation owing to essential minerals present in the fruit will certainly improve performance in the bed.
7. Improves sleep
A few slices of the fruit before bed-time induces the body to secrete serotonin that helps us get deep sleep that is necessary after all the action the fruit promises to help us get.
8. Combats cancer
The lycopene present in watermelon has been shown by some studies to combat the spread of cancer.
9. Low in calories
For its size and roundness, the fruit's calorie and fat content are incredibly low. Thus, using this tasty treat to satiate your hunger is a healthy lifestyle thing. The cholesterol levels also do not go up at all from having watermelon.
It is recommended to have 2 cups of watermelon daily or as frequently as you can get your hands on it. Going up to anywhere between three to four cups should be absolutely fine. So, go ahead and indulge in the goodness of this delicious and hydrating fruit this summer. Stay healthy, stay happy!
1) How to take dry fruits? And which one to include and exclude during 3rd trimester of pregnancy? As I put on 13 kg till 2nd trimester 2) Which one is good to take Milk or Curd? 3) Which is the best website or Application give detail information regarding any medicine?
I am suffering from Pcos from last 13 years and want to get pregnant. Please advice what should i do?
I'm o -ve and my wife is b+ve we are planning for child, I heard there will be some problems in blood group, and it affects mother and child. Please any one explain me more about it.
When endometrial tissue goes out of the uterus in women, then endometriosis occurs. In most of the cases, lower tummy and pelvic areas of women show the prominent symptoms of this disease. Symptoms of this disease can be either severe or mild but immediate medical diagnosis is required so that unwanted symptoms can be effectively prevented.
Surgery, hormone treatment and painkillers are the most prominent treatments that can deal with the concerned trouble, but you can also follow a few natural therapies in this respect. Excessive intake of contraceptive pills can be one of the leading reasons for endometriosis, but you can also inherit this from your family or ancestors.
List of the symptoms of Endometriosis:
- Painful periods: If pain continues throughout the periods, then you get yourself checked as you may have developed endometriosis. These pains can even be quite severe making the situation quite troublesome to bear. If you find that you are facing unusual menstrual pain, then you should not delay and rather immediately consult your nearest gynaecologist.
- Bleeding periods: Sometimes, bleeding periods can be one of the clear symptoms that can help you to recognize the arrival of endometriosis. Therefore, if you notice excessive bleeding, then you should consult any specialized doctor immediately.
- Pregnancy difficulty: Reduced fertility might create a greater trouble for conceiving, and thus you might get deprived bearing children. This is one of the most prominent or highlighting symptoms of endometriosis. Endometriosis clumps interrupt egg passage as a result of which the eggs cannot reach the fallopian tube via ovary. You can take the help of your gynaecologist so that the clumps can be reduced with the help of proper treatments.
- Pelvic area and abdomen pain: You will often experience a worse kind of pain, especially in the pelvic and abdomen areas during and before periods. Sometimes, the pain might even linger after the menstrual period is over. There are many women who take medications for reducing this kind of pain, but this is not the right procedure, rather proper treatment is needed for getting complete recovery on a permanent note.
- Painful sex: You will face a lot of troubles while making intercourse or sexual interaction with your partner, and this pain can be even severe at times. If you are facing painful sex for a long time, then you should immediately report the same to any experienced medical professional.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Took Ipill on the 8th day after unprotected sex on Day 3,5,7. Having bleeding in the 15th day. Is it the withdrawal blood, or it is the first sign of pregnancy. This bleeding last for 3 days. Now I am in my 18th day, When will I get my next periods?
Important for everybody for a better health, glowing skin, better digestion and increased energy
Breathe a little easier
While many people don’t consider the lungs part of detoxification squad, they are responsible for filtering out fumes, allergens,and airborne toxins.
When we’re stressed, we tend to shift from deep belly breathing to short, shallow ‘chest’ breaths, which reduces your lungs ability to transport oxygen to all your tissues. If you want to boost your lung power, begin to practise diaphragmatic breathing a few minutes each day:
Lie flat on the floor. Raise your knees. (You can put a cushion under them if you wish.)
Put one palm on your upper chest and the other over your navel.
Breathe out fully – and then a little bit more. With practise you will find you can do this by drawing in your abdomen. Pause for 2-4 seconds.
Allow the air to naturally flow in again.
Slowly and calmly repeat this cycle a few times.
we always say exercise is a must because your skin is also a source of toxic elimination just like the lungs
with best of health