Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Bhavana MethaYour feedback matters!
Madam my wife have rubella igg positive. Already three miscarriages. My family doctor told me that it is difficult to give a healthy baby. Is it correct. Any other ways to have children in this case. Pls advice.
Mam Last month I went to take pregnancy test it seems to be negative. So I thought it may be the cause of pcod. So I made ultra sound test. The report said that it is pcod. How can I cure by diet without treatment. Will you say some diet plan.
I had unprotected sex on 14th nov 2015 and took an emergency contraceptive ipill within an hour. I was supposed to get my periods on 18th nov. But on 23rd nov I had light bleeding for two days (Instead of the usual 3 days). I have not got my periods again till now in dec 23rd or jan. 23rd I have taken multiple home pregnancy tests over the weeks and all have turned out negative. I visited a doctor who prescribed meprate (Medroxyprogesterone Acetate I. P. 10mg) as a five day course. One tablet in the morning and one in the evening for 5 days. I am on the 3rd day of the course. Please explain what meprate does also, could I be pregnant? If I am not when can I expect my period?
The act of pleasuring oneself is one topic, which has always been questioned by the society at large, but in reality it offers a number of benefits. Masturbation refers to the act of inducing sexual arousal and deriving pleasure from it by stimulating the genitals. This may be done using your own hands, sex toys, fingers or grouping together the effect of these. Mutual masturbation among partners is also a fairly common phenomenon. There are varied opinions on the topic, whether actual sexual penetration gives more pleasure or masturbation. Read on to find out what effect each has on your body and which one is more preferred by most people.
- Health benefits: Studies reveal that engaging in sexual intercourse is associated with a lot of health benefits like controlling your blood pressure level, keeping the prostrate and heart healthy for men, acting as a pain reliever etc. Masturbating may not affect your health in the way sex does, but it certainly has a different set of benefits, which includes preventing cancer, boosting immunity, reducing risks of premature ejaculation etc.
- Associated risks: Sexual intercourse often comes with various risks like STDs, if your partner is infected or chance of an unwanted conception, if unsafe sex is practised. Masturbation has comparatively lower health risks than sex, though it is not entirely free from drawbacks. You can get skin irritations and in rare cases, even penile fractures due to excessive masturbation.
- Effect on relationship: The quality and frequency of the sexual intercourse you have with your partner has a direct effect on your relationship. However, masturbation mostly does not involve your partner's participation and so doesn't visibly have a reflection on your relationship.
- Role in knowing your sexual preferences: In case of both men and women, masturbation helps people to identify their sexual preferences and things which give them greater pleasure. This usually leads to a more satisfying sex life and is considered to be easier than figuring out what pleases you while having sex.
Even after considering the above points, which one (either sex or masturbation) gives you more pleasure, completely depends on your personal preferences. If you wish to discuss about any specific sexual problem, you can consult a specilized sexologist and ask a free question.
Clinical studies have proven ginger’s effectiveness at calming nausea and vomiting. Research has also confirmed its potential against chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting (CINV). The majority of studies found a positive effect against this side effect of aggressive therapies. Ginger may be a powerful option for those suffering from toxic medical procedures.
2. Digestive Tract Protection
Ginger has also been historically used for flatulence, constipation, bloating, and other digestive complaints. In addition to these gastro-protective effects, researchers have found ginger to be effective for stress related ulcers.
3. Brain Health
Ginger contains compounds that have demonstrated protective effects for the brain. One of them, known as 6-Shogaol, inhibited the release and expression of redness-causing chemicals known to cause damage to neurons in both in vitro and in vivo models. The other, 10-gingerol, when sourced from fresh ginger, similarly impacted production of nitric oxide and other chemicals that lead to redness and swelling in the brain.
4. Migraine Relief
In a clinical trial, 100 patients received ginger powder or a drug given to migraine sufferers. The results showed the ginger powder helped reduce migraine related discomfort… without side effects.
5. Supports Stable Blood Sugar
Ginger has repeatedly demonstrated powerful blood sugar balancing effects. It acts on insulin release and sensitivity, and supports the metabolism of carbohydrates and lipids. In one study, insulin levels noticeably lowered with ginger supplementation. In addition to its effectiveness as a blood sugar stabilizer, ginger has also demonstrated powerful protective effects against diabetic kidney.
I had sex with my girlfriend recently without using condom. How ever I didn't came inside her. What are the chances of her getting pregnant. Even if I assume I came inside her, then how many pills does she need to take to avoid pregnancy and within how many hours?
Because of my post pregnancy I have a very big tummy now any natural thing that helps me to put my tummy in.
Phudina or mint leaves, the super herb of summer:
- If your immunity levels are low, common summer problems like digestive disorders, heat strokes, etc, are something that can be avoided with the right diet.
- The humble pudina leaves, an irreplaceable component in every kitchen, not only add great flavour to food, but are packed with numerous health benefits as well.
- It is packed with antioxidants and phytonutrients that work wonders for the human stomach.
- The menthol present in the herb stimulates the enzymes necessary for digestion, relaxes the muscles of the stomach, reducing the chances of indigestion and spasms. It is also known for its calming effect on stomach cramps and the ability to cure acidity and flatulence.
Married 1 year ago. Irregular periods consulted doc gave me tablets for 5 days ate after that I got my periods, took reports while on period FSH 4.62 mlu/ml AMH 3.02 ng/ml is there any prob in becoming pregnant? I haven't conceived till now and used no protection. Uterus thickness is also nomal. What should I do. Which medicines should I take.
The summer is coming! With all that excitement around getting a new bathing suit and figuring out where your big summer romance is going to happen, we’d like to break in with some beauty tips to help you look your best. It’s time to shake off the chilly spring weather and look forward to some hot fun in the summer sun!
1. Avoid peak hours of sunlight when the temperatures and UV rays are at their highest, normally between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. That's the best time to head inside, get food and water, let your body cool down, and maybe even take a nap.
2. Chew Some Juicy Fruits : "Melons are the perfect hot-weather food.
3. Light-Colored Clothes : The white linen shirt every male movie star wears on the beach isn't just fashionably conscious; it's also intelligent for hot, sunny days. Dark clothing absorbs more heat, and tight clothes don't let sweat — your body's natural cooling system — evaporate.
3. Sunglasses : Sunglasses are chic and functional. They prevent harmful ultraviolet (UV) rays from scorching your corneas and protect your eyes for many more summers to come. Choose sunglasses that block 90 to 100 percent of UV rays.
4. Sunscreen : Nothing knocks good days off a summer calendar like a nasty sunburn. When outdoors, use sunscreen with an SPF rating of at least 15. Use a higher-rated, waterproof sunscreen if you'll be poolside or out on the beach. Don't forget to cover areas that burn easily: nose, ears, shoulders, and back of the neck.
5. Lip Balm : Just like sunscreen protects the rest of your skin, a lip balm with SPF protection blocks out the sun and keeps in moisture for your lips. Perfect for a day on the lake or while you're working on that summer romance.
6. Water : Don't wait until you're thirsty! Drink water throughout the day to prevent dehydration or over exhaustion. Use the color of your urine to guide if you're hydrated enough — the clearer the better.
7. Juice : All natural juice without added sugar not only provides hydration but also important nutrients to keep you active in hot weather. Check the label on the juice bottle and make sure it says “100 percent juice with no sugar added.”
8. Fruits and Vegetables : Fruits and vegetables are easy to digest and often high in water content. Salads and other dishes rich in seasonal produce will keep you feeling light and hydrated.
Hi doc mujhe 2 mnth se periods ni huye hai, LST 10 dec ko huye the n mene aftr periods 17 dec ko sexual relation bnye the n .before 15 days mene home pregnancy urine test bhi kiya n its negetive .relationship bnane k bd kitne tym tk pragnent hone ka chance hota hai.
My husband says that my vagina has become too loose please tell something so that I can become tight again.
My wife aged 38 years. In 2004 she suffered from chronic skin disease after that see gone for homeopathy treatment in 3 years of treatment she is alright. But after this treatment she lost sweating, before start of skin disease she sweat very normal. Now she feel very heat. What to do, please advise.
I am 27 year old women last year I get married we plan one year my husband use precaution for not conceive baby but from last four months we are trying for baby but not l get success for getting pregnant.
To really get your blood moving, circulation enhancing foods are key. Food that's high in omega-3 fatty acids like mackerel, salmon and wild salmon are tops. Improved circulation results in greater erectile response, helpful for improving sexual function in men and in women, too, since blood flows to the clitoris and surrounding vulva.
What you should reach for:
- Carrots, a well-known libido enhancer, loaded with vitamin e
- Green leafy veggies, which clean blood and open capillaries effectively
- Avocados are fuel for cells with their essential fatty acids
- Watermelon contains phytochemicals to open blood cells
The new focus is on all natural, healthy, good-for-sex foods. Ingredients like mustard greens, spinach, baby kale and pea shoots work well. Ditto for pumpkin seeds, figs, nutmeg, black raspberries, jerusalem artichokes and yams.
Bottom-line: foods that are good for your heart are also good for your sex organs. The same foods that clog arteries and bring on heart attacks (think greasy burger and fries) are generally going to cramp your love life over time and should only be eaten occasionally since they prevent blood flow from reaching the genitals, affecting performance and pleasure.
So go ahead, have the sex salad!
You just never seem to be in the mood these days. Or the last few times you had sex, it hurt. Maybe you have some discharge that’s different from the norm.
But how do you know which signs might signal a bigger problem with your health?
“How can you know what abnormal is if you don’t know what normal is?”
Lang says it’s a good idea for a woman to examine her vagina with a mirror and light each month, just as you do a regular check of your breasts.
If something just doesn’t seem right or it’s bothering you, don’t feel embarrassed to bring it up with your doctor. “You deserve to have a healthy sex life,
Here are the few symptoms you should bring up when they happen and consult doctor
By far the most common sexual health issue for women is low desire,
If low desire doesn’t bother you, it’s not a problem, But if it’s causing you distress (and it’s lasted for at least 6 months), you can talk to your doctor to find out what may be going on.
Hypoactive sexual desire disorder, the medical term for a low sex drive, can have many different causes -- physical, emotional, cultural, or a combination of those. It could come from a hormone problem, such as estrogen or your thyroid hormone. It could happen because of other health conditions you have, like diabetes, anxiety, depression, or sleep disorders. It may be a side effect of a medication you take, like antidepressants or birth control pills. Even smoking and alcohol can affect desire. Or it may have to do with the quality of your relationship with a sexual partner.
Your doctor or another health professional in the office may ask you some questions to figure out what’s going on.
Pain and Discomfort
You’re not alone if sex hurts. Nearly three out of four women will have pain during intercourse at some point. It could be in the vagina and the area just outside of it, called the vulva. But some women feel pain inside their pelvis, too.
Sometimes sex is uncomfortable when you’re not aroused enough, or you have a vaginal infection or a skin condition, like allergies or psoriasis. But pain during sex can also be a sign of serious conditions like pelvic inflammatory disease, endometriosis, fibroids, ovarian cysts, or cancer. So if it happens often or is severe, see your doctor -- she’ll want to rule out any serious health issues that could be causing it.
If you’ve reached menopause, painful sex may be caused by vaginal atrophy. That’s when the tissues around your vagina and vulva dry up because of the loss of estrogen.
If you feel a bulging sensation around your vagina and have trouble peeing, it could be a sign that your bladder or other organs in your pelvis have dropped from their normal place and are pushing against your vagina. That’s called a pelvic organ prolapse, a problem that becomes more common with age. Treatments include Kegel exercises, physical therapy, Homeopathic medicine and surgery.
Irregular BleedingIf you’re past menopause and you have bleeding from your vagina, see your doctor as soon as possible. She’ll need to make sure you don’t have a serious problem, like an infe
ction, uterine fibroids, or cancer.
If you’re still having periods, watch for any spotting, bleeding between periods, bleeding after sex, or periods that are heavier or last longer tha
Consult doctor if you have these symptoms.
Is there a change in the color, amount, or smell of your discharge that lasts more than a few days? Let your doctor know.
You may have something that’s simple to treat, like a bacterial or yeast infection. But some discharges may be a sign of sexually transmitted diseases like gonorrhea or chlamydia. Watery or bloody discharges may be due to cancer
Lumps and Bumps, Rashes and Sores
If you notice any changes in your skin below your beltline, like a mole that looks different or is new, or a bump that itches or hurts, tell your doctor.
These spots can have many different causes, from an ingrown hair to an STD like genital warts or herpes. More serious is vulvar cancer, a rare condition that can show up as a lump, bump, or sore. It may cause itching or tenderness.
No matter what symptoms you’ve noticed, when something doesn’t feel or look right to you, don’t worry that you’re making a big deal out of nothing. “Run it by your doctor just to get a reassuring word,” Lang says. “So you don’t have to worry.”
My girlfriend experienced lil blood every time we have sex. Her cycle is proper. Bt we r tensed with such experience. Is it normal?
Hello doctor, last week my wife had done the family planning operation, now want to know that when can we do the sex after operation, any specific time to wait and later on we do sex.
Cholesterol within normal limits is required for normal functioning of human body.
It is transported by lipoproteins, known asldl or bad cholesterol and hdl or good cholesterol.
Ldl is so termed because it narrows vessel wall by deposition of fat whereas hdl scavenges ldl.