Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. BhaskaranYour feedback matters!
I am having pain in eyes as I am using computer for preparation. Doctor told me my eyes are dry. My eyesight is ok as I got it checked. Please advise me for dryness.
Hie I have a eye problem. I was taking a vitamin tablet through which my eye got effected n due to which its colour turns in to red. Aftr some days the reddish colour disappeared bt the eyes got small in size so what should I do it is for last 12months. Please help me out.
How can my eyes be cured from veins problem (right eye vein is tapped on)? Eyes usually remains yellow in colour?
Mujhe 2 3 days se chicken pox ho rhka hai aur eyes me irritation ho rhi c .meri right eye red ho rhki hai aur eye ball ke upr grey colour ki outline ho rhki hai .plz suggest me wht should I do? I am so worried.
I am 64 yrs male sugar patient. Now weakness inright side eye in out side and right side center finger is not folding like odother finger. What should I do?
Eyeglasses and contact lenses are both used for vision correction. Both of the options have their advantages and disadvantages but a number of factors like lifestyle, comfort and age etc. are important while deciding which one to choose.
Here is a list of the fundamental differences between using spectacles and using contact lenses:
- Distance from the cornea: Lenses are worn directly on the eye and are in constant physical contact with the cornea while glasses are worn over the eyes. Contact lenses may cause infections in the eye because the user has to touch the eye in order to wear them and to take them off.
- Difference in vision: Since the lenses of spectacles are a little distance away from the eye, vision can be slightly distorted but contact lenses can provide natural and accurate vision. Also, side vision is not improved by glasses as you have to turn your head to see what is beside you. The contacts move around with your eyeballs and the peripheral vision is in focus.
- Ease of use: Some people find eyeglasses difficult to use because of the constant weight on the face and the obstruction caused by the frames of the glasses. There may also be a constant need to adjust the frames. Often eyeglasses slip down the nose when you sweat or engage in rigorous physical activity. Contact lenses are free from all these hassles - they are not distracting or obstructive and so they are extensively used by dancers and athletes. Spectacles is very uncomfortable to wear during the rains or in humid weather because they fog up.
- Infections and complications: Contact lenses can get displaced inside the eye and they can be difficult to reposition. They also cause the eyes to itch and water if you wear them for a very long time at a stretch or if tiny dust particles enter your eyes. The use of eyeglasses is far more flexible in this respect - they can be removed in case your eye itches or burns, but regular use of glasses causes dark circles and bags under the eyes.
- Aesthetic differences: People often prefer contact lenses as they do not change the physical appearance - they help you look natural and you can also use colored lenses to change the color of your eyes. Glasses may look slightly unnatural but some people also prefer them for the fashion quotient. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.
When I go in sunlight my eyes becomes swollen and when I come back in shade it automatically becomes alright.
My ACL was complete tear but after regular exercise of 1 year I am alright now but I'm little worry to run can I again do MRI scan ! To see the current status ! My regular exercise is cycling.
I am 20 years old. There is problem in my eye. When I read anything, my eyes get some tears. This problem is only in summer. People says that this problem is in sunlight. But when I am in room then my eyes get tears. My study is disturbing. My exam is just coming and I am not ready for this exam because this problem. I want to be a big man but my dream is broking. After sometimes I get a spectacles from eye's home and some medicine. I. E. Eye drops, etc. But my problem is there. So much money spent my parents. Also My some friends has this problem. So you could help me, then give me solution of my problem. Don't suggest a spectacles.
LASIK or laser in situ keratomileusis, is a form of corrective surgery that help patients who are suffering from near sightedness (Myopia), far sightedness (Hypermetropia) and even astigmatism (cylindrical power in glasses). This procedure aims at correcting the shape of the cornea, which is the transparent layer that lines the front of the eye. Through this procedure, the cornea is reshaped so that the retina receives a focused light.
So what are the health tips for people going through a LASIK procedure? Here is our take:
Biggest advantage of LASIK is that it helps people to get rid of Glasses and contact lenses, which sometimes are cosmetically unacceptable and in some cases are visually disabling.
Best part of LASIK is that it is:
- Quick (total duration of surgery is hardly 5 minutes) and virtually painless.
- Has a high success rate ( success rate is 96%).
- Does not require bandages or stitches.
- Adjustments can be made years later to alter the vision as per growing impairment in the future and advancing years.
Minor side effects like dryness, glare and halos, if appear, subside with time.
Any person 18 yrs or older who fulfils the following criteria can undergo Lasik surgery
- Stable refraction
- Corneal thickness and topography should be in normal range
- Dilated retinal examination should be normal
- Adequately wet eyes
Note: One should abstain from wearing contact lens at least 2 weeks before the procedure.
Precaution after the Procedure:
Patient is likely to have some inflammation after the procedure and temporary dryness.
Use medicines as prescribed by the doctor
- Avoid any type of eye makeup for at least 1 month after surgery
- Avoid swimming or water sports for at least 2- 3 weeks after surgery
Going through a LASIK procedure is a matter of finding the right specialist and ensuring that you take all the precautions before the procedure. Also, it is important to look into your medical history and eyes in particular so as to avoid complications