Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. BhaskarYour feedback matters!
I 20 year old boy suffering from all face problems special for blacken skin darkness all over face even after 1 hour from washing face or bath. So I want some suggestions and solutions for glowing and whitening the face.
1) I am 27 years old, female and hands are very dark and cracks, I use body lotion like vaseline and ponds etc but still that cracks is in my hand. Looking so dark, my face looking white but my hand only looking dark. So please doctor advice me for the same. 2) My nose and dimple in that place so much of whiteness is occur daily I remove in wet cloth, what permanent solutions. After in that place its became a very dark also so pls advice me doctor.
Suffering from dark circles under your eyes? Here are effective therapies that can do wonders!
Are dark circles under the eyes caused due to stress, or is the stress about dark circles worrying you and making them further darker?! On a serious note though, there are definite cosmetic therapies that can help you get rid of the dark circles under your eyes. Dark circles can be caused by issues ranging from thin skin in the lower eyelids to poor circulation to pigment variations, and therefore the reason should be identified properly so that the treatment can be done accordingly.
For some people, poor blood flow to the eyes can be the reason for dark circles too.
- These people would benefit from using double pillows so that blood does not build up under the eyes. In the morning, a cold compress (a towel soaked in cold water) can be applied to narrow the blood vessels and reduce flow.
- Alternately, eye creams with caffeine can be used to narrow the blood vessels.
- Creams with Arnica which have anti-inflammatory properties are also beneficial in reducing the under-eye darkness.
- Creams with green tea or grape seed oil improve capillary wall thickness and thereby promote smoother flow of blood.
- Diet can be modified to include flavonol-rich chocolates and Omega-3 fatty acids rich foods like walnuts and salmons.
A good under-eye moisturizing cream with glycerin, sodium hyaluronate, vitamin E, vitamin K can be used. These help in constricting veins and capillaries and also improve skin hydration. A yellow or gold-based concealer that reflects light should be used followed by translucent face powder. There are also minor surgical procedures offered to reduce the effect of dark circles. Read on to know more.
- Laser and/or skin resurfacing: Laser can be used to trigger the superficial layers to produce more collagen and improve overall skin quality.
- Use of dermal fillers: Hyaluronic acid can be injected into the skin under the eye bags. Where the skin is very thin, this will make the dark circles less visible, and the effect can last up to 2 years.
- Grafting fat particles: The fat can be grafted from another part of the body and injected under the eyelid. This again would reduce the effect of dark circles.
- Cheek lift: If you are having dark circles in addition to eye puffiness and deep nasolabial folds, a cheek lift is a good option. This will produce a more permanent solution to your dark circles.
- Blepharoplasty: The next invasive method is the eyelid surgery, or blepharoplasty. The skin of the upper and lower eyelids and the skin around the eye are treated to reduce the effect of dark circles in this procedure.
While dark circles are definitely an issue, there are ways to manage this effectively. A word of caution though, all these can be undertaken only after you engage in a detailed discussion with a dermatologist.
I am 19 years old and my breast are becoming very heavy day by day as compared to my whole body, I do physical works daily, I am feeling very uneasy and have to face many problems! Please suggest me some remedies!
Going out in the sun brings out one major concern: getting tanned or sunburnt. The pivotal reason for getting tanned is the substance called melanin in the skin. Melanin is the pigment, which protects the inner layers of the skin from the harmful rays of the sun. This pigment causes the skin colour to change making it darker.
In order to keep your skin colour the same as well as protect your skin, here are certain tips which you can follow:
- Use homemade face packs: Certain homemade packs are exceptionally good for your skin. Not only does it make your skin soft and supple, it also protects your face from getting tanned or reverses the tanning effect. Face packs like that of lemon and aloe vera, curd and gram flour, turmeric powder with yogurt and honey, or sandalwood and rosewater, help to remove or lighten the tan on your face. Not only are they safe than the chemical face packs you get in the market, they are also pocket friendly and more effective.
- Follow the skin routine: Follow and maintain the cleansing, toning and moisturizing routine to keep your skin healthy. The routine will also hydrate your skin and remove the dead skin cells.
- Drink water: The more water you drink, more hydrated you will be. Your skin will have a natural glow due to the hydration. Drinking water will also help to keep your skin moisturized and prevent dryness. Likewise have fruits and vegetables with higher water content.
- Use sunscreen: Whenever you step out of the shade of your house, make sure you dab yourself with a generous amount of sunscreen, which suits your skin. Preferably use a sunscreen with SPF 40 or above. Make sure the sunscreen protects your skin from both UVA and UVB rays. In case you forget to apply sunscreen, use aloe vera gel or green tea on your skin, which will make up for the damage caused. While applying sunscreen, do not skip your lip or the area under the eyes. These areas are extremely delicate and are affected faster than the rest of the skin.
- Using accessories: Use sunglasses, hats, scarves, or umbrellas to protect your skin from direct sunrays.
Related Tip: "What Causes Itchy Skin? + How to Trace the Causes?"