Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Sex Addiction Counselling
Submit a review for Dr. Bhasi SukumaranYour feedback matters!
My husband left me for another woman 5 years back. Two years I was in serious depression. I use to take sleeping pills and anti depressants. But now I have recovered. But at times. I feel I am still not over that. I do have a bf now. But still I feel unsecured. I keep feeling he will ditch me too. N I ruin my happiness wid him, n it gives me stress and again I go in depression. I dn knw how to deal wid it.
I'm suffering from depression fir a couple of months. Now things r getting worse. I have got suicidal. I failed in my last examination. What I supposed to do now?
Hi, I am 26 years old and had a break up with my girlfriend with whom I had a relation for 3 years. Im having severe anxiety and im not able to keep my self respect. I dont want to plead her and request her to come back as I have always done that whnever we have broken up. This time I just want to end this spate. I m having 2tablets of stalopam plus every night and alcohol too. Please help.
Is there any medication for quitting smoking. I really want to give up but am failing. Smoke 20-30 cigarettes per day along with rajnigandha pan masala. The cigarette is classic ultra milds. Have been smoking for the past 15 years.
I am 28 year old professionally a software engineer I feel that I procrastinate things ,become confuse with spellings while writing. Finds difficulty in continuously speaking and prompt answering. Rate of thought generations seems slow to me as I compared myself with few other people. My attentions wanders from recent tasks and so I take more time for doing things. Overall it reduces my performance at my work place and I have been asked for performance improvement previously at my work place .How I should control and reduce it to improve my performance . Also I want to improve the way of doing things I closely observed successful people from IITS and NITS , and I want to change my living style as like them. Can study of NLP (Neural linguistic programming ) help me ?Please help. I Want to achieve my dreams.
My mcv- 79.7. (80-94) normal range HCT 34. (38-45) NR MCH 22.4. (26-34) NR MCHC 28.1. (31-36) NR But my hb is 11 but still I feel tired, often sleepy, unable to concentrate more and feels out of body which scares me. Also my bp is low like upper bp is 80 someday. Is it possible that m anaemic and I have symptoms of anaemia ?
I'm 15 years old girl I'm studying in 10 I'm willing to study at early morning but I can't wake up early that's why and also I want to wake up early what can I do for getting up early. Please give me the proper answer.
Today been diagnosed with bipolar and now have to stop taking cit and start on new meds so the journey begins all over again and still off work so all in all the mountain summit is getting further away.
I am unsatisfied with married life. My husband always make me torture to have sex romance. Even when I am not in mood to do so. Always he need pleasure from me. But he never try to understand my feelings. Can not sleep properly at night. Because of his torture. I feel so vexed. Even try to commit suicide. please help me I feel so depressed and feel like crying like hell. please plz help me. Even I did yoga. But result is same ie feeling depression or commit suicide thinking.
1. My problem is I sometimes feel that something told by a person has already been told by someone else and it feels very real. Because of which I start to doubt myself. What should I do? 2. Is it I have any delusional problem, what should I do. My memory is becoming bad day by day.
My b12 level is very low i.e 190, and now I am felling excessive weakness, but now I have started taking qutock plus and ME12 OD once a day. How much time it will take to recover! please reply! I'm very tensed!
I am suffering from social anxiety issues what should I have to do to overcome it please help I need help very badly very poorly.
Sir I am doing hard work on studies but I will forget answers very soon .so can you help me how to increase my memory power.
Good afternoon sir, I am suffering from headache, and I have lot of Tension's how I forget that all tension in my mind? Could you please give me a better solution to me.
I have very fast mind, some time I am going to be a angry man, but some times I am very cool man ,what I am do,
My father is suffering due to dementia disease. He has addiction in regards to smoking. So, he starts crying at small gaps and demands cigarette. Doctor please advice me any medicine which can help him sleep for few hours during the day. He is diabetic as well as has undergone bypass surgery.
Schizophrenia has been recognized as a mental disorder that combines symptoms like hallucinations with distorted thinking and others like fright and severe paranoia. This condition is one that gets progressively worse over time and leads to delusional thinking. Oversleeping and complaining of fatigue are usually the earliest signs of this condition's onset. Eventually, it becomes a debilitating factor in the life of the patient, who will not be able to function in a normal way due to the severe symptoms.
Read on to know more about the types and causes of this condition:
- Genetic Causes: Schizophrenia may be caused due to genetic factors and it may be a learned or inherited disorder. It is known to affect patients who have a parent or a sibling who may have suffered from this condition. Yet, one must also remember that Schizophrenia can only be influenced by genetics, and not determined by the same.
- Environmental Causes: When there has been an exposure to a viral infection during the pre natal stage, the patient is susceptible to this condition. Also, it may affect children who have been subject to the loss of a parent or separation at an early age. Physical and emotional abuse in one's childhood may also bring on this condition. Low level of oxygen at the time of birth is one of the causes of this condition in many patients.
- Anomalies in Brain Structure: When the brain ventricles of the patient are enlarged, he or she may be prone to this condition. Also, anomalies in the temporal lobes and amygdala have links with the onset of this condition.
- Types: A wide variety of mental and medical conditions can manifest with psychotic symptoms that must be considered in the differential diagnosis of schizophreniform disorder. These include psychotic disorder due to another medical condition or its treatment; delirium or major neurocognitive disorder; substance/medication-induced psychotic disorder or delirium; depressive or bipolar disorder with psychotic features; schizoaffective disorder; other specified or unspecified bipolar and related disorder; depressive or bipolar disorder with catatonic features; schizophrenia; brief psychotic disorder; delusional disorder; other specified or unspecified schizophrenia spectrum and other psychotic disorder; schizotypal, schizoid, or paranoid personality disorders; autism spectrum disorder; disorders presenting in childhood with disorganized speech; attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder; obsessive-compulsive disorder; posttraumatic stress disorder; and traumatic brain injury.
Since the diagnostic criteria for schizophreniform disorder and schizophrenia differ primarily in duration of illness, the discussion of the differential diagnosis of schizophrenia also applies to schizophreniform disorder.
Brief psychotic disorder - Schizophrenia disorder differs in duration from brief psychotic disorder, which has a duration of less than 1 month to residual schizophrenia.
Residual Schizophrenia is a condition where the patient does not experience the various debilitating symptoms of the condition, and is on the road to recovery. Yet, even in this type of Schizophrenia, the patient will not really show any interest in life and the activities around him or her. Finally, the last type of Schizophrenia is Schizoaffective Disorder which is characterised by the symptoms of Schizophrenia as well as the symptoms of major mood disorders. When combined, this condition can lead to major complications and complex behavior.
A patient suffering from this condition will need to see a mental health specialist like a psychiatrist or a psychologist on an immediate basis. The treatment will be carried out on a long term basis for the results to start appearing.