Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. BhanumathyYour feedback matters!
A girl known to me is suffering from severe abdominal pain for about a month now. She takes food only only once in a day and that too hot and spicy. Sonography report says that there is swelling in stomach and liver. Pain gets excruciating when she eats anything hot. Also swelling appears on her hands, feet, face and all body. She tried some tablets, but there is no relief. What is the cause of this ailment and what is the remedy?
My mother is having a age of 44 years. She is facing a allergic problem when outside environment is cold. She is having following symptoms like nose blocking while in sleep and running nose on entire day. I would like to know your suggestion to cure her problem?
I am 20 year old boy I am facing the problem of pimples too much. My height and weight is also not good enough. I always have stomach problems. Suggest me.
5 months old baby, she has been have loose motions from 7 days. She has started putting everything in her mouth and these motions are happening like 6-7 times a day. Before we moved to her village we had consultant a pediatrician here in Bangalore who game some medicine in case of motions .we have waited for some time like 2 days and started the medicine, but still not subsided . Medicine are Econorm and walamycin . Please suggest what to do.
Dark Chocolate May Boost Athletic Performance.
A flavanol in the cocoa bean and in dark chocolate called epicatechin increases the production of nitric oxide in the body. Nitric oxide causes blood vessels to dilate and reduces oxygen consumption, which experts say can help athletes to maintain their pace for longer. In this study, cyclists either consumed a daily allotment of dark chocolate that was rich in flavanols or white chocolate. After two weeks, the cyclists performed a series of cycling exercise tests. The researchers found that the riders who ate dark chocolate used less oxygen when cycling at a moderate pace than to those who given white chocolate and they also traveled further in a two-minute flat-out time trial.
Hi. My father has diabetes from over 15 years Now a days its too high fasting 250 And after meals 500 Please suggest that it would get in level.
Hi. I am 22 years old and 65 kg wt. Suffering from pcod. I had taken krimson 35 for 3 months. And my doctor advice me to reduce weight. And prescribed apcod obis. Does this apcod obis help me to reduce my weight. If yes how much time it would take. And suggest some natural method to reduce weight?
Dr. I had a severe head on accident with a truck 13 years ago, I am now a little paralytic (LHS). My physical activity is very limited and I have developed severe Erectile Dysfunction. Dr. Please advise me of a cure or some medicine so that I am able to lead happy life. Thanking you Arvind Singhal (9811898612) E-mail: tshrsinghal@yahoo. Co. In.
Sir I have a problem that after the meal I feel a lot of load on my tummy and gas is not passed. When I eat rice in dinner I not fell Good in my tummy please give me some suggestions.
My AGE 41, I Hv PROB FROM LAST 2-3 YR, I HV allergy FROM COOL AREA, DUST, AIR, RAINING SEASON, SMOKE AIR, VEHICAL AIR, SO WHAT I DO? doctor SAYING asthma.
How does spinal mobilization help in reduce nerve compression given neck and back pain. The body is very stiff. Already tried ift. They dnt wrk. Is this manual method helpful?
You asked · Today 11: 47 am I am having ringworm between legs. It is fungal infection. It is reddish in colour. I already used many medicines like (tube-quadriderm, fourderm, medicine-fluconazole tablet 150 mg) But still I have not get relief. It slow down and come again.
Can I get rid of chicken pox spot in my face.? And one more problem m stuffing from is. I have gas problem, although I am fit and sports person still I feel sometime over eaten. please provide me any health tip which is beneficial for me thanks.
migraine-: ayurvedic view
Migraine headaches are commonly defined as episodic or recurrent severe headaches, typically of a throbbing or stabbing nature, usually on one side of the head, the neck or behind the eye.
~~migraine pain commonly lasts for about 6 to 48hrs.
~~migraine is triggered by some factors which result in excessive stimulation (constriction and sudden dilatation) of blood vessels in the head.
~~migraine may or may not be preceded by an aura; aura may cause visual disturbances such as flashing lights, zig-zags, sparkles or blurring of a visual field.
~~migraine is associated with nausea, vomiting, dizziness and or cognitive disturbances.
~~patient may also experience chills, sweating, fatigue and weakness etc.
Improper metabolism, suppression of natural urges, anger, jealousy, grief, poor elimination, intake of dry, pungent and salty food, intake of polluted food, mental and physical stress, viewing of tv for long periods, reading with insufficient light, sleeplessness etc.
B. Origin of migraine headaches:
Due to the causative factors, pitta dosha obstructs the flow of vata dosha in the brain, causing throbbing pain.
C. Pain management-:
1. Avoiding the cause and trigger factors.
2. Keeping a diary record of specific foods were eaten, environmental exposure, sleep patterns may help to identify personal trigger factors.
3. Sneha nasya therapy at home-: sneha nasya, instillation of medicated oils to the nostrils by shadbindu tailam or anu tailam yield significant benefits.
4. Apply a paste of freshly ground clay or freshly ground sandalwood to the forehead, let dry, rub off by hand and wash.
5. Mix a quarter teaspoon of clove powder with 1 teaspoon of cinnamon oil. Apply this paste on the affected area for 20-30 minutes.
6. Add chamomile powder to 1 cup of boiling water. Transfer the liquid to a cup. Drink when hot. It gives fast relief from migraine.
7. Take half glass of carrot juice. Add half glass of spinach juice. Mix well. Drink this juice twice daily.
8. Grind 10-12 grains of black pepper and 10-12 grains of rice with water to make it a paste. Apply this paste on the affected area of the head for 15-20 minutes.
9. Sugar powder 16 parts, vamshalochana 8 parts, pippali (long pepper) 4 parts, ela (cardamom) 2 parts, cinnamon - 1 part. Make fine powder and mix it, keep in tight moisture-free container. Take half teaspoon thrice daily with honey.
10. Aromatherapy- pitta calming aromas typically flower fragrances like lily, cloves, lotus, lavender, peppermint, rose, sandalwood are beneficial.
11. According to Ayurveda virechan (laxative therapy) is an effective way to reduce excess pitta. Castor oil or warm milk with ghee or triphla at bedtime is helpful.
12. Practicing meditation is highly recommended.
13. Morning and evening walk followed by brisk exercise is recommended.
14. Avoid hard physical exertional exercises and aggressive sports competitions.
15. Avoid working for long hours continuously; take short breaks. Have a good night's sleep (8hrs) in a dark room.
~~apple, mango, papaya, cheeku, guava.
~~salad 1hr before lunch, 1hr before dinner.
~~buttermilk, boiled rice sauted with cinnamon, cumin seeds and garlic or asfoetida are good in the daytime.
~~have warm and easily digestible foods, boiled and steamed vegetables, soups, vegetable juices, porridge, brown rice and whole-wheat flour.
~~avoid yogurt, especially at night.
~~avoid refined, oily, spicy, cold, sour foods (fermented, pickled) and stale food, aerated drinks.
~~avoid coffee, tea, alcohol, smoking.
~~avoid cheese, chocolate and wine.
E. Yogasanas and pranayama:
Hastapadasana, setu bandhasana, marjariasana, paschimottanasana, bhastrika and anulom-vilom pranayama.
Note: when suffering from a migraine attack:
~lie down in a dark, quiet place and get some sleep.
~~drink only water.
~~apply hot or cold compresses.
~~ consult doctor