Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Bhageerathi
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. BhageerathiYour feedback matters!
My son is 6 years old and has breathing issues every full moon and black moon days. What could be the reason and how to overcome this issue. He is extremely anxious and angry during these days and have fever along with breathing issues. He does nebulization to breath normally. Please suggest a remedy for this issue.
My brother had a son on 2nd june 2018. Baby health is critical. His sugar level decreased doctors put him on saline and in glass chamber. Baby blood send for checkup. baby mother Blood pressure was increased before a day of delivery. baby condition is critical PLEASE HELP ME.
My baby is one year old and she won't eat anything, she loves milk, but she just have one but of food and refuses to eat further. What could I do? How can I make her hunger?
Hairs are growing on my son body on his cheeks and full body how I can remove them permanently. His age is 5 year and 4 month.
My 3 years old baby girl's leg had red patches and eventually it turns purplish. Can you please tell me why this happens.
I am a 26 year old mother. My daughter is 12 months old. Her birth weight was 3 kg and now she is 9 kg. Her birth length was 45 cm and now she is 73 cm. Head circumference was 32 cm at birth and now it is 42.3 cm. She started walking around 9 and half months. There has been no developmental delay, she has reached milestones little earlier than others infact. She is doing good, understands many things, points at things. She is friendly as well. My concern is that she has a very flat nasal bridge, epicanthal folds, slightly slanted eyes. I have slanted eyes too and so does my father. Her face is small and her teeth are also somewhat odd. She has 6 teeth as of now. The upper jaw looks like it is pulled back, the lower jaw is more in the front and the upper jaw is backwards. I am very worried about many things right now. She is my first born. Please advise.
Is your child getting exhausted after a bout of cough? Does he or she suffer from constant wheezing and tightness of the chest? Does your child feel drained out after climbing a flight of stairs? Do you know a child who always seems to run out of breath and cannot participate in school sports tournaments or play outside for a long time? The child could be suffering from asthma, which is a serious breathing problem. Most children are affected by asthma. Staying in a polluted city just makes the condition worse.
Asthma - Know the disease
- Asthma is a condition that causes inflammation of the airways, known as trachea and bronchioles.
- The muscles around the airways constrict and prevent the smooth flow of air.
- The lining of the bronchioles swell and block the airways.
- Asthma is mostly triggered by an allergic reaction.
- There is a difficulty in breathing out. Exhalation of air is often accompanied by a wheezing, that is, a whistling sound.
- There is a constant shortness of breath, feeling out of breath and gasping for air.
- There is an uncomfortable tightness in the chest, the feeling of not breathing in enough air.
- Coughing bouts in the middle of the night, that leave the child feeling exhausted and completely out of breath.
Causes of Asthma
Asthma is mostly triggered by asthma allergens. These allergens are mostly pollens and animal fur.
- Exposure to pollution, such as dust and smoke
- History of heartburn, GERD and acid reflux
- Inflammation of sinus and airways
- History of bronchial disorders and pneumonia
- Viral infections
- Chronic rhinitis
- Low immunity causing constant cold and blockage of nose
Treatments of asthma
- A nebulizer that turns asthma medicine into a mist can then be inhaled easily
- An inhaler can be used to take in inhaled steroids into the lungs or a bronchodilutor
- Try and avoid asthma triggers and allergens as much as possible
- Avoid physical stress and heat
- Get sufficient rest of about 7-8 hours every day