Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. BhageerathiYour feedback matters!
My baby is 9 months old .some times getting sweating back of the head. Is getting any problem and getting any fever. Please suggest.
Mera baby 2.5 month ka hai 2 din se use loose motion ho raha ha, Mere dudh k sath wo formula milk b feed karta hai, Uska weight b thoda kam hai -3 kg.
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated? What exactly is a spine block injection? Will it work long-term for low back pain due to disc problems? What causes Hashimoto's thyroiditis, and what is the best method of treatment? Can iodine help this condition?
My daughter is seven and half months old (premature). She blows away medicine as well solids, does not take enough formula. Does not sleep properly. Please help.
My baby birth date is 4 may 2016 but she didn't cry after birth. She has admitted in nursery for 20 day now she is at home. medicine and feeding is done through RT. Now she has began to cry before 5 days. please give your valuable opinion after get well she has any disability or not.
My 7 month old son gets very cranky most of the times. There are times when he is extremely sleepy, but keeps crying. He goes to sleep after a lot of efforts. Pl suggest a cure as I wish him to be as happy and playful as his twin brother.
Hi doctors, My baby is not passing motion for past three days. He is four months old. He is taking both bf and ff. Is it normal or should I need to consult doctor.
My daughter is 5 year old, many time see feel moderate stomach pain for last 1 year, please suggest me test for useful of know the reason.
My father aged 65 has Simple cortical cyst (11 mm*13 mm) on both kidney. He has back pain (sometimes, fatigue (sometimes) & little anemia, thyroid (11+) & little high BP (180). How much danger it is and what kind of food should he avoid?
My daughter is 4 yrs. Sometimes while walking or even just sitting. Her head falls like a jerk for a second. Wht to do?
In many cases; divorce and separation leads not only to bad blood between the parents, but also in a child alienating himself from one parent. Insulting or belittling one parent without justification or under pressure from the other parent is known as parental alienation syndrome. Parental alienation involves one parent undermining the other and interfering with the child’s relationship with the other parent by limiting contact with them, bad mouthing them, forbidding discussion about them etc. This can have a very negative effect on the child’s emotional state.
1. Self hatred: For children, hatred is not inborn, but developed by the situations they are in. By bad mouthing a parent and teaching the child to hate the parent, the child himself is harmed. With time, he begins to internalize this hatred and believe that there is something wrong with him that made the alienated parent not want him.
2. Low self esteem: When a child is not allowed to speak his mind and has to bottle up his thoughts, he becomes socially withdrawn. Often the child begins to feel that he is the cause for the rift in the family and makes himself responsible for the separation. This intensifies with time and makes the child lose confidence in himself leading to low self esteem.
3. Lack of trust: When a child is suddenly pulled away from one parent and told how that parent is not a ‘good person’ the child is likely to feel betrayed. This creates a sense of doubt in the child’s mind and makes it difficult for him to trust other people. As he grows up, this can affect his own adult relationships as well.
4. Depression: Depression is a commonly seen in children from broken homes and this is intensified in cases of parental alienation. It is rooted in the child’s feeling unloved by either one of the parents and built up by the separation. Not being given a chance to speak about their feelings or talk about the situation makes them more depressed and they begin to withdraw into themselves. In many cases, it is noted that alienated children have strained relationships with their own children as well.
5. Substance abuse: Depression is one of the most common triggers for substance abuse. Alienated children often feels trapped and that they have no outlet to vent their feelings and frustrations. This often makes them turn towards drugs for relief and can make them victims of substance abuse.