Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. BhadrinathYour feedback matters!
Tongue cleaning is as important as brushing and flossing. Use of a proper tongue scraper every morning will remove tongue plaque and freshen your breath.
I had tartar deposits behind my lower front 3 teeth and also the gums were little swollen and some plaque was almost in all teeth so dentist suggested for scaling and I made it done too bt after that I find gaps between my lower front teeth and also they seems more sensitive. Kindly suggest me how long will this problem persist and will d teeth be even or not. It's been almost 5 hrs and I am facing sensitivity and prominent gap btw lower front teeth. Need help Plzz suggest.
My daughter is 2.1 yr old. Is it the right time to start brushing her teeth. If yes then can you please let me know which toothpaste should be used.
I haven't sleep for the past one week. My throat is irritating a lot and I have lot of body aches. I have pain inside the cheeks, it like farady spot inside for the long time. I have tried many medicines which was commonly used for mouth ulcers. But no use of it. Kindly help me?
I AM A 44 YEAR OLD MALE. I have some sores in the lining of the mouth in the upper jaw which are painful. The sore is behind the upper jaw molars at the back of upper jaw hence is not visible. I experience pain when moving the jaws. Pl suggest remedy.
Hey I'm a 16 year old guy and the front of my teeth doesn't look that great. I really am interested in applying some Veneers for my teeth. Could I get the estimate cost and everything? Thanks. Picture of my teeth: https://posting. Org/image/c97reauij/
Various causes of sensitivity in teeth include:
1. Forceful brushing of teeth – it is the most common cause of tooth sensitivity. It causes thinning of the protective layer on our teeth that is enamel. Enamel protects our teeth against insult from food or fluids we take. Loss of enamel leads to sensitivity of teeth
• Gentle brushing of teeth
• Use soft bristle brush
• Change brush after 3- 6 months ( as the bristles wear away)
• Use little toothpaste ( toothpaste has abrasive particles which causes
wear away of enamel)
• Do brushing in up-down movement
2. Tooth decay – caries in tooth leads to tooth sensitivity. Caries remove the protective enamel layer exposing dentine layer to food and fluids. Dentine carries nerves which causes sensitivity
Remedy: Treatment involves removal of tooth decay and placement of
protective barrier on dentine that is a filling material
3. Old tooth fillings – over a period of time fillings may crack or break or get removed which leads to sensitivity.
Remedy: Change of filling in tooth
4. Exposed tooth roots- as a result of aggressive tooth brushing, gum recession and gum disease. It causes tooth sensitivity.
• Use soft bristle brush
• Visit your dentist for gum disease treatment
5. Plaque and calculus - the purpose of brushing is to remove plaque that forms after eating food. An excessive build-up of plaque can cause your enamel to wear away. Again, your teeth can become more sensitive as they lose their enamel protection.
Remedy: The solution is to practice good daily dental care and visit your
dentist for cleanings every six months.
6. Habit of eating acidic foods -fruits like lemon, sweet lime, pickles and tomato juice contains acid which can dissolve enamel of teeth. Frequent use of acidic food causes tooth sensitivity.
7. Habit of tooth-grinding – grinding also cause tooth sensitivity due to loss of enamel.
Tooth sensitivity is treatable. You must have seen toothpaste made for sensitive teeth. However, toothpaste can only help limited no. of patient’s suffering from tooth sensitivity.
If your sensitivity is extreme and persists no matter what you do, please visit your dentist for an oral examination. Visit to dental specialist can determine the most likely cause of your tooth sensitivity and the best solution for your particular condition. I Hope this article will help you.
It started to bleed with my mouth and my neck gets pain when I cry or shout, what should I do? What is it and how to prevent it?
Hello. Sir mere teeth yellow hain. Main kaise inhe white karu. Please give any tube, paste something. Which helps to get whitening teeth. Please suggest me something treatment or natural way. For whitening teeth.
There is blister on his tongue from 2 months and there is too much saliva is produced and he is also a patient of sugar and blood and there problem to chew and swallowing the food .what should he do ?
Myself is 35 years old / Male. I am feeling pain in my left jaw during full opening mouth from last month. I have consulted dentist, they have given their medicines but position is at it is. Last they have given 12 days tablet and folic acid tablet. Pain is reduced but still is there. What should I do/
Dental care is of utmost importance. Poor dental health can cause you several problems, from a mild toothache to severe pain. Here are 10 foods which will help you maintain your healthy teeth. Read on to find out more about it:
- Cheese: Cheese, particularly aged cheese like Cheddar, Swiss and such are beneficial for your teeth. They increase the pH scale in your mouth and effectively prevent tooth decay. It also consists of protein and calcium, nutrients required for strengthening your tooth enamel.
- Yogurt: Like cheese, yogurt also contains calcium and protein for tooth enamel. Probiotics or the beneficial bacteria present in yogurt are good for the gums as well.
- Leafy Vegetables: Spinach and kale promote oral health. They contain calcium, which is good for your tooth enamel. They contain folic acid, a B vitamin which has a lot of health benefits and also helps to prevent gum disease.
- Apples: Apples contain high fiber and water, which are beneficial for your teeth. While eating an apple, a lot of saliva is produced which washes away the bacteria present in the mouth.
- Carrots: Carrots are also crunchy like apples and also contain high fiber which is beneficial for teeth. They also contain vitamin A which is also highly beneficial.
- Celery: Celery contains vitamins A and C which are very beneficial for the gums. They are also crunchy and hence help scraping away bacteria and food particles from your teeth.
- Almonds: Almonds are a great choice as they are low on sugar and have high content of calcium and protein.
- Strawberries: Strawberries are very beneficial for your teeth. Strawberries consist of vitamin C, different antioxidants and malic acid, which help in naturally whitening your teeth.
- Garlic: Garlic contains a substance called 'Allicin' which has strong anti-mycobacterial properties, and is thus beneficial for your teeth. It helps to prevent periodontal disease and fight tooth decay.
- Meat: Meat in general is beneficial for maintaining healthy teeth. Meats consist of a lot of protein, vitamins, minerals and other nutrients which are important for healthier teeth.