Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. BaskaranYour feedback matters!
I have a back pain last 2 months I am 30 years old women have if got any relief, what should I do now.
I have a lower back pain for 4 years. I did an MRI it shows at the end of my spinal cord the thing like jelly between disk L2 has skipped out a little bit and its been damaged. Some time my left leg becomes little num and hard to sit walk or sleep. Wht is the best treatment for this sir except operation.
Goodmorning sir, I have been suffering with sever lower back pain for past 15 days. No relief even after taking pain killers and applying gels like Omini, Volini, Iodex, Declofenac etc. Please guide, while walking I am feeling little better. Actually the pain moves around my waist where the pants tied.
She alway complain about headache and pain in heart side when she depressed tensed or cry and after that feel weakness. Ecg normal x ray normal blood test normal. Now days complaining about one side back pain. She lost one younger age bro and delay in our marriage due to family problem.
I have black tiny muscles emerging at my neck and armpits. I want to know what these are and how can I cure?
My self undergone kyphoplasty 10 days back for L1compression fracture now I had pain on the hip while sitting and standing and having pain in right leg thigh bone pl suggest me what to do.
I have waist pain for last 10 to 12 days. Firstly pain occurred in the middle part of waist but it is now in entire waist including lower part of waist also. I use Nise gel but it relieves for a little time. Now pain is severe. Please advise.
Helli sir I am 52 years old. My joint lubricant has been end. So much pain in my joint. I am using pain keeler within 1 years. Please consult me.
I tripped from stairs about three months ago. I got injected and also took medication. Now every time I wake up in the morning I can't move my back for about five mins. Is it something major? do I have to get a scan done?
My shoulder left got fractured humerus, surgery done rod and Blade inserted with screws one month ago for the last two days full arm is paining. Having boneheal, signoflam,measure. Please advise.
I am a 21 years old boy having backache, is it right to make my sister trample me in heels to get relief?
Is costochondritis Very risky/Dangerous? My doc told me it is muscular pain but uptill now it had been 3 months I am facing from muscular pain. So usually it takes this much time to heal or might be any other reason? So I want to know that exactly how muscular pain is caused in chest and is it dangerous or not?
I had a joint pain since 3 weeks bcoz I hit the wall. I went to hospital for 3 times crape band had been there for 2 weeks but pain still there can you prefer any cream r tablets in home please.
Muscle strain or muscle pull is a condition, which is characterized by damage to the muscles or its adjoining tendons. Undue pressure can be exerted on the muscle when you are carrying out routine activities such as sudden lifting of heavy things or playing contact sports. The damage to the muscle is usually in the form of partial or complete tearing of the tendons and fibres attached to the muscles. The small blood vessels in the muscles can also be damaged by the tearing of the muscles, leading to local bleeding and bruising.
The symptoms of muscle pain are:
- You will experience pain even while resting
- There will be bruising, swelling and redness around the affected area
- You will experience weakness of the muscles and tendons
- The movement and mobility of the muscle will be impaired
- You will experience pain when you use the affected muscles
The causes of a muscle strain are:
- Playing contact sports can lead to injuries
- Lifting heavy things
- Exercising without a proper warm up routine
- Lifting extremely heavy weights during exercise without proper acclimatization
- Sleeping on one side only for a long period of time
- Not stretching properly
- Falling from a height
The treatments for muscle strains are:
- Pain medications: You can opt for pain relieving medications such as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications to help combat the associated pain of a muscle strain.
- Rice: Rice stands for rest, ice, compression and elevation. This treatment is usually the first step after suffering a strain, before opting for medications. This treatment prevents further aggravation of the problem.
- Compress: You can alternate between hot and cold compress to reduce the swelling and pain.
- Stretches: Once the affected area has healed, it is important for you stretch the muscles to improve their mobility and strength. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Physiotherapist.