Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. BaskaranYour feedback matters!
I usually have leg pain / discomfort in legs / tiredness in legs at night, what is the reason and what is the solution.
I am 22 years old How to relief from lower leg pain I have pain in lower legs While I starts Running I tried many medicine like Cal-Md3, aspirin But NO one did nothing my pain is steady Approx. 2 years So please Tell me the what I do To relief from Pain.
Hello all. I have severe pain in my right ankle and calf muscles, to be precise the muscle right above the ankle and the muscle to right under the knee. My arches of both legs are collapsed a bit. The right leg has more collapsed arch. Even a little pain in knee, hip and back. A cracking sound of bones is usually heard from my feet and knee, even in right hip at times. Sudden pain in some nerve in my back. From past four days I couldn't walk or sleep properly. As I started to put little force on right leg and walk has made my other leg to experience the same kind of pain. I even had bunions. Is this a kind of flatfeet or overpronation. Or is this a neurological problem. Can it be cured?
I am 30 yaer old. I suffering from stifness on neck, soulder, back since 2 years. I never feel appetite and my abdomain get not clear in morning and evening and I am unable to get sleeping properly. Plese sir suggest me solution.
I am 25 year old. But I am having back pain. I use to put hot water Bag every night but the pain again come next morning. Please help me out.
With age, most bones of the body undergo degenerative changes leading to reduced movement. The cartilage that is present in the joints allowing free movement is gradually lost due to wear and tear. This loss of cartilage makes the movement painful. This can also be caused by obesity and trauma, but age is the most common cause. The reduced movement leads to weight gain, which further aggravates the osteoarthritis.
Hips are one of the most commonly affected areas of osteoarthritis. Especially with overweight people, hips are quite often affected. In most people, early diagnosis can help in arresting progress and even reverse changes. This will help avoid chronic use of pain medications and major surgical treatments for managing the osteoarthritis.
Some of the most effective ways of managing osteoarthritis include the following:
- Weight loss: Reducing weight is one the most important cornerstones of managing osteoarthritis. People who reduce weight will see a drastic improvement in their symptoms.
- Pain medications: Pain is one of the main reasons that people seek medical help and that is when the diagnosis is made. Therefore, for immediate relief, pain control is essential. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are often used to control pain. In parallel, other measures for long-term control of osteoarthritis should be undertaken.
- Cold therapy: Using cold packs in the area of pain can provide great relief from pain attacks.
- Electrotherapy: Use of mild amounts of electricity can stimulate the nerve endings, reduce pain, and help in pain control.
- Dry Needling: Dry needling is an effective and efficient technique for the treatment of arthritis pain. Dry needling or intramuscular stimulation (IMS) is extremely effective for relaxing overactive muscles, which contain trigger points. In simple terms, the treatment involves needling of a muscle's trigger points without injecting any substance.
- Soft tissue massage: The soft tissues around the affected hip joint are regularly massaged, augmented by the use of a topical agent, which can help relieve the pain. The circulation is also improved, which can help in long-term symptom management including improved immune functions.
- Regular exercise: A well-planned routine exercise regimen will help control pain, improve movement, reduce fatigue, improve endurance, and improve the overall quality of life. All affected tissues should be covered in the exercise bones, muscles and cartilage.
Using a combination of these techniques, the physiotherapy will aim to achieve the following.
- Pain relief and protection: The first thing to manage is the pain, which brings the patient to the doctor. Once that is controlled, then long-term management needs to be planned.
- Restoring hip movement and strength: Once the pain settles down, then the muscle strength, tension, endurance, and range of motion need to be worked upon. This restoration will be done in phases, and with each phase, greater range of motion will be achieved with lesser discomfort to the patient.
Physiotherapy uses various techniques to minimise symptoms and in some people, even complete reversal of changes is possible.
My grandmother is having pain in her back and other joints. I have tried other medicines also but have no effect.
Good after noon sir/madam my father is diabetes from last 10years and present his sugar level is control and present his is 52years old his two legs are wounded in that left leg wound is recovering and right leg is too problem and another two wounds are coming for two legs in initial stage daily we are taking treatment from diabetes doctor please solve my problem for this site there is no image option other wise I can send image for your understanding.
My left leg below thigh my joint pains from two years I think due to sex .now my right leg joint also pains little bit. Shall I stop sex with my wife or any other solutions.
My name is Rakesh. I have issue on my right leg. When I wake up in the morning then I feel some pain in right leg joint. If I do exercise then full day leg will be ok and again same issue in next day. please help.
My mother (50 years old) are having a problem with her left hip. She explains that when she walked a lot the pain travel from her hip down towards her ankle. She struggles to walk after long periods of sitting. She didn't fall or hurt the hip and also got a new very expensive mattress for back an hip problems, yet the problem with her hip is not getting better. She doesn't want to go to doctor because the pain comes and goes. I want to know what is possible diagnosis. Can it be solved by some hip exercises or can it be a series problem like osteoporosis.
Hi I am 34 years old and I have a pain in my legs and wrist. I have a swelling also n too much weakness what should I do?
Respected sir /ma'am I am a diabetic patient and 41 years old since yesterday I have pain in the backside Center just behind the chest Just for few mins what could be the reason for this ! Please reply asap Thank you !
I am suffering from back pain since last 6 months so please tell me what type of treatment should I apply to get relief from back pain?
Your knee is a very complex structure consisting of bones, ligaments, cartilage, tendons, muscles and meniscus. Most people encounter knee pain at some point in their lives. If your knee pain is chronic in nature, then it may last for a prolonged period.
Many causes may be responsible for your knee pain. Some of the causes are stated as follows:
1. Your knee is very much prone to injuries. Knee injuries may happen due to accidents, falling down carelessly or while playing sports. The most common knee injuries that may be the cause for your knee pain are mentioned as follows:
- Fractures may cause you to feel pain in the areas of your knee bones.
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament injury (ligament injury caused by twisting and a sudden motion) or Medial Collateral Ligament injury (injury to the tissue in the insides of your knee) is very common to sportspersons and may be the reason for severe knee pain.
- Sometimes your knee bones may get dislocated from their usual alignment. This can also make you experience severe knee pain.
- Ligament injuries, meniscus tear or tendon tear can also be responsible for your knee pain.
2. Sometimes pain in your buttock or foot region can also result in mild knee pain.
3. At times chronic problems like osteoarthritis that affects the cartilage can cause the problem of knee pain. Other chronic problems like Gout, rheumatoid arthritis can also cause severe knee pain.
4. Being overweight can also result in knee pain.
The symptoms of knee pain may be different in each case. The most common symptoms are mentioned below:
- Stiffness of knee
- Swelling of your knee
- You may also feel unstable
- Difficulty in walking or bending of your knee
- You may notice redness in your knee area
Knee pain must not be ignored. It is highly recommended for you to seek advice from an orthopedic as soon as you encounter any of the above mentioned symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an orthopedist.