Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Banumathi SaravananYour feedback matters!
Am married since 3 yrs. I have pcos and thyroid disease on medication. On April, I took tomexfein tab and followed by inj hmg 7 times then inj hcg 10000u . I developed ohss on beginning of may. Then I stop medication. On 26th of may my period came. On June I missed my period. I had some symptoms like morning sickness and dizzy. I did urine pregnancy test twice and one blood test all negative. On 26th of July should my period come but I missed it. I still have dizziness and morning Sickness but I didn't do pregnancy test. So can I be pregnant?
Hi I have facing couple of different symptoms elaborate below. Can any 1 suggest me how to cure & what exact this. 1. Feeling always sleepy even took my 8 hrs complete sleep : fatigue 2. Joints pain 3. Stomach always feeling like full but I can eat & hungry 4. Dizziness Eye's can't read much more time.Please tell.
I have internal third grade haemorrhoids since last 6 years and have controlled the same with strict diets and lifestyle modification. However, I am used to Ayurvedic Choornas and laxatives now and can't regulate bowel movements without them. I need a permanent cure. I am a strict vegetarian and do not have any specific food allergies. The occurrence of haemorrhoids was due to excessive antibiotics after My tonsillitis surgery and they are prevalent ever since. Please advice if a surgery is conducive.
I am 28 years old. Yesterday felt pain in my throat and today morning when I spit I found blood in my mucous. What could be the cause?
I am 51 years of age having mild sore throat and it is occurring time and again due to following reasons (a) Sitting in A/c (b) Eating curd or any citrus fruit / food item (d) Any food item / salad / fruit kept in refrigerator and lastly if go out during winter in the morning or evening. Though I avoid taking citrus and cold items but sitting in A/c in office and going out in winter can't avoid. Besides, if take any pain killer or antibiotic I get severe acidity.
Hi, I am 20 years old girl and I am having migraine since last 8 months and I had 2 severe migraine attacks in these 8 months. I also have deviated nasal septum my ent has suggested sub mucus resection surgery. Right now I am taking homeopathic treatment for both migraine and blockage in right nostril. Please suggest me what I should do because my homeopathic doctor has suggested me not to do surgery as it can be cured without surgery.
I have a wart on my nose. And its been almost 2 years now and I tried few things which were useless to clear it completely. So I need a good solution to remove it and clear the skin.
I am 17 year boy and my teacher beated me that why my ear drum get torn and doctor prescribed me dolonex and mecofar g does it help me.
The most common ear infections happen because of bacterial or viral growth in the middle ear, the part which lies just behind the ear drum. Middle-ear infections can be very painful and children are most commonly reported in children. Most of these infections are caused by the blockage of the Eustachian tube, which connects the ear and the throat, causing the build-up of fluids and swelling. Here is a guide to the most common forms of ear infections and their symptoms, ranging from the acute to the chronic.
Acute infections have intense symptoms but can be cured with time and treatment. They generally last for shorter durations.
In Chronic cases of infections, the patient complains of recurrent symptoms multiple times. Chronic ear infections have the potential of causing permanent damage to the ear.
Symptoms reported by most patients with Ear infections:
1. Pain in the ear (Mild to severe): This is caused due to increased pressure owing to the blockage of the Eustachian tube. Collection of fluid inside the ear would increase the intensity of pain in most cases. Children will keep tugging at their ear and most likely be cranky.
2. Redness and swelling: Both of these are inevitable accompanying symptoms in case of any infection in the body.
3. Oozing of the fluids: The blockage leads to the fluid being released from the ear which can be watery, thick yellow or mixed with blood depending on the severity and type of infection.
5. Difficulty in sleeping.
6. In some cases when the infection spreads, difficulty in balancing the body is experienced as body balance is maintained by ears.
7. The patient might also experience increased irritability.
8. Ear infections can also cause a hearing problem if the condition continues to go untreated.
Ear infections should be promptly dealt with to prevent long-term damages. So here is what should be done when you have ear pain symptoms.
1. Consult an ENT who will prescribe pain medication as the first line of treatment.
2. After the necessary tests are done, antibiotics are prescribed in most cases by the doctor. Other medications for palliative treatment (to ease the symptoms) are administered. However in a few rare cases, the infection might be because of non-bacterial causes in which antibiotics might not cure the state.
3. In case the problem keeps recurring, one must visit the doctor again and get further tests and treatment done.
As prevention is always better than cure, care should be taken to avoid all chances of carrying the infection to your ear. Maintain cleanliness in and around, especially in the case of children.
For further queries; we'd be happy to help!
I am 26 years old I have cold with cough in all seasons of year. There is no problem in breathing and cough pass through throat instead nose. I went to ayurvedic hospital for curing it, doctors said it is sinus and I have taken the treatment of sinus for 1 month but these medicines was not much effect this problem. Please suggest what should I do now?
I have a friend who used dog ear drops with name as calm ear in her nose. Suddenly realized and washed it thoroughly. Is it necessary to seek doctor advice or can relax on it.
I am suffering from sinus. My nose is blocked and I feel I have cough in my throat. Please suggest me Ayurvedic medicine.
Vertigo is a medical condition where the affected person feels that the world or surrounding environment is spinning or moving. It is accompanied with nausea, vomiting, sweating and having problems in walking steadily. Moving your head worsens this condition. An illusion of movement is observed.
Vertigo arises from several conditions. There are mainly two types of Vertigo:
Peripheral Vertigo: This is the most common vertigo and is caused often due to a problem in the balance mechanism of the inner ear. The causes include:
- Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo: Being one of the common causes of vertigo, BPPV occurs due to certain head movements when standing up or bending over. The attacks are short, powerful and recurrent in nature. Nausea is also accompanied. A feeling of lightheadedness and despaired balance is observed after the attack. Fragments of calcium carbonate crystals are broken off from the channel linings present in the inner ear. These fragments cause the problem by getting into the ear fluid canals, and certain head movement sweeps them across the canal causing vertigo.
- Head Injury: Vertigo develops due to head injuries, and the symptoms are similar to that of dizziness.
- Labyrinthitis: It is an infection in the inner ear, which causes the labyrinth of the ear to get inflamed. The labyrinth controls our hearing and balance. An inflammation causes it to send different information than the other, normal ear. This conflict causes vertigo. Such vertigo can be accompanied by nausea, vomiting, loss of hearing and ear pain.
- Vestibular Neuronitis: This is a condition pertaining to the inner ear, which causes inflammation of the nerve which connects the labyrinth to the brain. The condition arises from viral infections. Nausea and vomiting are observed, and this condition leads to vertigo.
- Meniere's Disease: This rare condition in the inner ear causes severe vertigo along with hearing loss and aural fullness. Meniere's disease prompts sudden vertigo attacks with nausea and vomiting.
Central Vertigo: Central vertigo arises from problems in the cerebellum of the brain and brainstem. Causes include:
- Sclerosis, a condition which affects the central nervous system
- Acoustic neuroma, a type of brain cancer growing on the acoustic nerve
- Brain tumors, stroke or transient ischemic attack
- Certain medications
Treatment of vertigo depends on the cause and on the extent of symptoms. Labyrinthis and vestibular neuronitis are cured by vestibular rehabilitation and medication. BBVV is treated using a process called the Epley maneuver. Meniere's disease is cured by modes of dietary restriction, medication, treating tinnitus and treating hearing loss. Generally, curing the cause of vertigo helps in healing the disorder.
Vertigo is caused by different reasons and factors and rectification of these factors helps in the treatment of vertigo.