Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Banumathi LYour feedback matters!
Tonsillitis is an affliction that plagues a fair share of people. Located at the back of your throat, tonsils are essentially two small glands, which contain white blood cells to defend your body against infection. However, on account of germ attacks, sometimes the tonsils get infected and this results in the swelling of the tonsil glands, which in turn causes sore throat and aligned maladies.
Tonsillitis may be cured through surgical procedures. However, an isolated case of the inflammation of the tonsils need not warrant a surgery. Tonsillectomy or the surgical method of curing tonsillitis is only recommended for extreme cases of tonsillitis. Only the frequent sufferers of tonsillitis take recourse to tonsillectomy for a durable and effective solution. Surgeries are only done on those who have had at least seven bouts of strep throats within a span of a year.
Tonsillectomies essentially involve surgical removal of the tonsils either using a scalpel or burning the tissues in the tonsils with the use of ultrasound vibrations. Usually performed under anesthesia, it is a fairly painless and a non-hazardous procedure. Tonsillectomies generally last for about an hour. However, the recovery period sometimes entail a few physical discomforts. Sore throat, difficulty in swallowing, pain in the jaws and ears are common symptoms of post tonsillectomy conditions. While there are palliative medicines available in the markets, adequate rest and proper diet speeds up the recovery.
Tonsillectomy generally leaves no side effects and the success rate of this surgery is quite heartening. Tonsillectomy has also known to cure several other associated health problems in the likes of breathing troubles, sleep apnea, bleeding of the tonsil glands or cancerous developments in the tonsil glands. That aside, tonsillectomy is only performed on acute cases of tonsillitis and often regarded as the lender of last resort when medicines stop according any relief to the patient.
I asked the same question before and got responded, however somehow the answer is not displayed. So, I am asking you same question again, hope this time works. I am 33 years old. I have been masturbating since I was in 9th grade, first it was 2 times day and then it becomes excessive. Almost 5 times a day. Now when I am trying to masturbate it burns, and look like I lost my interest in sex. Is it curable? Can I have my sex drive back? And after marriage could it be really problem to get a child? Please advise me. I am really desperate.
I'm suffering from initial stage jaundice. I want to know what diet should I follow apart from the medicines to get rid of it?
How to heal heavy bloating stomach in both situation without eating and after eating . How I should feel all stomach cleaned and feel light . Its very difficult. Feels gassy and heavy .
Respected doctors, I have given for PCR RNA test. But it has gone to Mumbai so will be there any false results?
I'm having nocturnal emission twice a week from last 10 years I have also consulted 4-5 doctors but they were unable to solve my problem. The problem that seems to me is like my lower nerve is fractured in the lasts of output of my penile and upper nerve feels me like they are not active. How can be the treatment done for this.
I had past through angioplasty before 6 months. Since last 6 months I am taking brilliant blood thinner medicine. My Dr. Asked to take it for more 6 months. Is it right to take it for so long period?
She had her abortion (pills) and after that. One month bow bleeding has stopped. In the last days it was stopping and starting with the pain. Now from two days her stomach is aching. What should I do?
Hey actually I want to know that I'm suffering from cough from last month. So what can I do to settle it down or I need to go for a checkup. Please answer it as soon as possible.
I have sex with my girlfriend unprotected in 28 August and I give her unwanted 72 with in one hour after sex. Her means recent stop when I sex. Her means date is 24 August. But after sex, five days later her means again start and continue three days and stop .but still she does not get means. Today 26 September but she doesn't get means. If there any chance of pregnancy. Please help me. I am very worried about this. 7 days ago she got a short bleeding which stay two hours. Please help me.
I am 45 years women and have headache last 3 years I haven't got any relief. What should I do now? Please any solution help me doctor?
Sir. I am student my problem is. That when I go to sleep and suddenly pain takes plane on my right side of head. But in day every thing is normal. So please help.
What is the syptmps of depression because I have headache all the time in the day. In the morning the ache is very sharp.
In many cases; divorce and separation leads not only to bad blood between the parents, but also in a child alienating himself from one parent. Insulting or belittling one parent without justification or under pressure from the other parent is known as parental alienation syndrome. Parental alienation involves one parent undermining the other and interfering with the child’s relationship with the other parent by limiting contact with them, bad mouthing them, forbidding discussion about them etc. This can have a very negative effect on the child’s emotional state.
1. Self hatred: For children, hatred is not inborn, but developed by the situations they are in. By bad mouthing a parent and teaching the child to hate the parent, the child himself is harmed. With time, he begins to internalize this hatred and believe that there is something wrong with him that made the alienated parent not want him.
2. Low self esteem: When a child is not allowed to speak his mind and has to bottle up his thoughts, he becomes socially withdrawn. Often the child begins to feel that he is the cause for the rift in the family and makes himself responsible for the separation. This intensifies with time and makes the child lose confidence in himself leading to low self esteem.
3. Lack of trust: When a child is suddenly pulled away from one parent and told how that parent is not a ‘good person’ the child is likely to feel betrayed. This creates a sense of doubt in the child’s mind and makes it difficult for him to trust other people. As he grows up, this can affect his own adult relationships as well.
4. Depression: Depression is a commonly seen in children from broken homes and this is intensified in cases of parental alienation. It is rooted in the child’s feeling unloved by either one of the parents and built up by the separation. Not being given a chance to speak about their feelings or talk about the situation makes them more depressed and they begin to withdraw into themselves. In many cases, it is noted that alienated children have strained relationships with their own children as well.
5. Substance abuse: Depression is one of the most common triggers for substance abuse. Alienated children often feels trapped and that they have no outlet to vent their feelings and frustrations. This often makes them turn towards drugs for relief and can make them victims of substance abuse.