Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Hi doctor. My wife is pregnant and in fifth month. Our doctor has recommend duvadilan retard for first six months. Just want to know .is it safe to use this medicine regularly for first six months. Pl. Suggest.
My wife is suffering from acidic discharge from few years Many treatments done But it is repetitive again and again
I had an abortion on 21st September then i got my first periods after that on 3 november and I am bleeding till now. It's been 12 days now? Is there any chance I am pregnant?
Hunger before bedtime is common esp. when you are used to staying up late. The craving to eat something before going to bed makes a person consume anything that is available. Bedtime hunger is not wrong, but there certainly are foods that shouldn't be consumed before going to sleep as they can create health issues.
Avoid these 8 foods before going to bed.
1. Dairy fat - Having calorie rich cheese or butter for dinner or even before bedtime ensures that your digestive system is going to have a hard time at the night, thus disrupting your sleep.
2. Caffeine - Caffeine from the coffee doesn't let you sleep. It is used to kick our sleepiness so it should never be consumed before bedtime.
3. Spiced/Oily foods- Spices cause flatulence and oils lead to indigestion, ensuring incomplete and disturbed sleep.
4. Red meat - Dinner should always be the lightest meal of the day. If you make your digestive system work heavily overnight, it’s difficult for you to get sound sleep! Red meat being a very heavy, must be avoided to ensure a good night’s sleep.
5. Beans- Beans before bed simply fastens the process of flatulence! Avoid it to have a trouble free night.
6. Sugars- Sugars give you instant energy. That’s exactly what you don’t need before a good night’s sleep so avoid it before bedtime.
7. Aerated drinks- These drinks have acidic content with a lot of sugar and caffeine. Drinking them can destroy you sleep for the whole night so keeping it for the day is wiser!
8. Alcohol- Alcohol makes you drowsy and in a way bogs you down. But that’s really not the kind of sleep you’d like to have. Avoid alcohol to invite the perfect sleep!
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
My husband has a low sperm count but still I conceived but had a silent miscarriage does my chance of getting pregnant is difficult?
Dear Doctor, Pregnancy test is +ve (βHCg 1600 on 1st August, progesterone 12.44 ), it's thru IVF , FET transfer done (3 day 8cells grade 2) on 16th july, LMD 24th June . Have done SONOGRAPHY on yesterday 22/8/2016 GA BY LMP 9 WEEK SINGLE INTRAUTERINE GESTATIONAL SAC NOTED WITH FOETAL POLE IS SEEN CRL MEASURES 1.36 CM CORRESPONDS TO 7.5 WEEKS FOETAL HEART RATE 167 b/min. OS CLOSED OVARY NORMAL NO FREE FLUID IN CULDESAC IN MEANWHILE TOO MUCH OF SEVERE ACIDITY AND MORNING/NOON SICKNESS CONTINUING SINCE LAST TWO WEEKS (9aug). TAKING rantac (2 tabs) + dexonate (nyte) but still very much vomiting. Pls suggest "hw to cure this acidity with lesser side effects on my pregnancy. Please guide further , on Medication with time validity of each of the following medicines. 1.Progynova thrice -(2-2-3) daily 2.Crinone gel - twice 3. Susten injection on every 4th day 4. Folvite once daily 5.Aspirin 50 mg at bedtime (STOPPED after foetal pole detection)
I am married on may 2015 I miss my period last 2 month,pregnancy kit used and result is negative I do not know what was that i'm pregnant or not?
The hormone human chorionic gonadotropin(better known as hCG) is produced during pregnancy.
It is made by cells formed in the placenta, which nourishes the egg after it has been fertilized and becomes attached to the uterine wall.
Levels can first be detected by a blood test about 11 days after conception and about 12-14 days after conception by a urine test.
Typically, the hCG levels will double every 72 hours. The level will reach its peak in the first 8-11 weeks of pregnancy and then will decline and level off for the remainder of the pregnancy.
Key Things To Remember About HCG Levels -
- As you get further along in pregnancy and the hCG level gets higher, the time it takes to double can increase to about every 96 hours.
- Caution must be used in making too much of hCG numbers. A normal pregnancy may have low hCG levels and result in a perfectly healthy baby. The results from an ultrasound after 5 -6 weeks gestation are much more accurate than using hCG numbers.
- An hCG level of less than 5mIU/ml is considered negative for pregnancy, and anything above 25mIU/ml is considered positive for pregnancy.
- The hCG hormone is measured in milli-international units per milliliter (mIU/ml).
- A transvaginal ultrasound should be able to show at least a gestational sac once the hCG levels have reached between 2,000mIU/ml. Because levels can differentiate so much and conception dating can be wrong, a diagnosis should not be made by ultrasound findings until the hCG level has reached at least 2,000.
- A single hCG reading is not enough information for most diagnoses. When there is a question regarding the health of the pregnancy, multiple testings of hCG done a couple of days apart give a more accurate assessment of the situation.
- The hCG levels should not be used to date a pregnancy, since these numbers can vary so widely.
- There are two common types of hCG tests. A qualitativehCG test detects if hCG is present in the blood. A quantitative hCG test (or beta hCG) measures the amount of hCG actually present in the blood.
- Guideline To HCG Levels During Pregnancy
hCG levels in weeks from LMP (gestational age):
- 3 weeks LMP: 5-50 mIU/ml
- 4 weeks LMP: 5-426 mIU/ml
- 5 weeks LMP: 18-7,340 mIU/ml
- 6 weeks LMP: 1,080-56,500 mIU/ml
- 7-8 weeks LMP: 7, 650-229,000 mIU/ml
- 9-12 weeks LMP: 25,700-288,000 mIU/ml
- 13-16 weeks LMP: 13,300-254,000 mIU/ml
- 17-24 weeks LMP: 4,060-165,400 mIU/ml
- 25-40 weeks LMP: 3,640-117,000 mIU/ml
* These numbers are just a guideline, every woman's level of hCG can rise differently. It is not necessarily the level that matters, but rather the change in the level.
What Can A Low HCG Level Mean?
A low hCG level can mean any number of things and should be rechecked within 48-72 hours to see how the level is changing.
A low hCG level can indicate:
- Miscalculation of pregnancy dating
- Possible miscarriage or blighted ovum
- Ectopic pregnancy
What Can A High HCG Level Mean?
A high level of hCG can also mean a number of things and should be rechecked within 48-72 hours to evaluate changes in the level.
A high hCG level can indicate:
- Miscalculation of pregnancy dating
- Molar pregnancy
- Multiple pregnancy