Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Is there any chance of pregnancy if I don't use condom but ejaculate outside vagina of my girlfriend? is it safe enough.
Sir. Doctor confirmed me that my wife is pregnant for 6 weeks 6 days And after doing two ultrasound scans doctor is saying that baby has heartbeat but growth is not as expected. Even baby has 6 weeks6 days growth is like 6 weeks 3 days. Is there any thing to worry please suggest me.
My girlfriend got her periods 2 days ago, but she had her periods only for 2 days whereas she generally has for 3 days. She did bleed heavily during the day two of her period. Now after 2 days she is vomiting and experiencing back pain. Is she pregnant? P. S.:- we always have protected sex Girlfriend age is 25.
My last menstrual period was on 25 th april. Im 25 year old female. Then on 4 th may I had sex with my boyfriend and took unwanted 72 within 12 hrs then I had bleeding on 12 th may for 3 days then we had sex again on 20th may and again I took unwanted 72 within 12 hrs now I had some bleeding on 27 th may for 3 days. Is there any possibility I could get pregnant and when will be my next period date. What should I do. Please help me.
After viral fever pot of weakness in my wife body, face looking dark and lose glow, pain in her legs. And she is pregnant so during pregnancy can women take homeopathic alfalfa tonic.
My period is 5 days late and I am worried I might be pregnant. I had my wisdom teeth pulled out three weeks ago, so I barely ate, lost a few pounds and didn't move around at all for 4 days. I was also on a lot of advil and tylenols and general anesthetics for the procedure. Also, my last period was 13 days early. I have also been stressed for school. Are any of these reasons possible reasons as to why my period is late?
M 22 Saal ki hu. Mere periods problem h. Mjhko 1 Saal phle chicken pox hua uske baad irregularities h. Maine ayurvedic dwai bhi li isk liye. Is baar bhi 10 Din late ho gye h periods nhi aaye h. Maine prega news se test Bhi kia h result negative aaya h. Body pr jgh jgh pimples type rashes hogye h. Kuch asa ilaz btaye ki date bhi aajaye ab or irregularity bhi na ho or date k time pet dard bhi jyada hota h vomit bhi aajati h usse raahat mile. please suggest the solution for this. Thankyou.
Due to low AMH doctor suggested fr ivf and prescribed me ovaries, trenaxa, folic acid, femilon medicine. I checked ovaries review n they are not good. What to do as I am afraid of this medicine fr the side effect?
I have a cyst development in my armpits which resurfaces every 2-3 months. It is a hereditary problem in my family. Is it cancerous? Also I have cyst in my fallopian tubes. Would it affect my pregnancy and if so then what should I do to prevent it from affecting my pregnancy. Thank you.
I'm 23 years old. I'm suffering from continuous vomiting. I am not having foods right now because of this problem. Then what should I do? And also my periods are also getting late. I mean from 2 months I'm not having my periods also. This problem occurs again and again in my routine. Then what is the solution on it?
I am 15 ,I want to suck my gf vagina is it safe or not? And she was 14 .oral sex is safe or not, in this age?
Cholesterol is a vital component, which helps the body to make healthy cells. This wax like component is found in the lipid of the blood. An increased cholesterol count elevates the risk of heart diseases in a person. It thickens the vessels of the arteries resulting in less oxygen flow in the heart. This, in turn, increases the chances of a stroke. High cholesterol can happen from lifestyle habits and inheritance. It is completely treatable and preventable.
What causes high cholesterol?
The blood carries the cholesterol which is attached to the proteins. The combination of cholesterol and protein is known as the lipoprotein. Primarily there are two different kinds of cholesterol that the lipoprotein carries:
- Low-density lipoprotein: LDL is the bad guy that carries all kinds of cholesterol present in the body. It eventually rests on the walls of the arteries, making it narrow and hard.
- High-density lipoprotein: This is the good guy which scans the excess cholesterol and take them back to the liver.
Ideally, the body should have low LDL and high HDL. But often the reverse happens, resulting in high cholesterol and cardiac diseases. Factors such as unhealthy diet, inactivity for most of the day and obesity is responsible for the same. Even the genetic set up can play a hand in a high count of LDL in the body. There is nothing that can be done in this case except to seek medical help.
6 factors that put you at risk:
- Poor diet: Cholesterol levels are dramatically increased when baked products and saturated fats are consumed in an excess amount. Other high cholesterol food products include dairy products, processed fats and red meat. Refraining from this food items will drastically reduce the chances of getting high cholesterol in the body.
- Obesity: Obesity results from too much of fat storage in the body. It not only fatigues a person faster, but puts a person at high risk of getting cholesterol. The body mass index should be always lesser than 30 to abstain the risk of cholesterol.
- Waist circumference: A waist circumference of more than 40 inches in men and 35 inches in women can increase the risk of cholesterol.
- Diabetes: This is one of the major causes of high cholesterol. It not only damages the artery lining, but results in higher LDL and lower HDL.
- Less workout: Leading a life which is devoid of exercise and jogging can increase the chances of getting high cholesterol. Exercise boost HDL count in the body and mitigates the risk of low HDL.
- Smoking: The blood vessel walls get damaged with smoking. The blood vessels start accumulating fatty acids thereby increasing the chances of getting high cholesterol.