Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Bedwetting Treatment & Management
Treatment of Polio
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Treatment of Cerebral Palsy
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Sids
Treatment of Cough in Children
Treatment of Asthma in Children
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Treatment of Birth Defects
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Dihydrofolate Reductase Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Banu KrishnanYour feedback matters!
My son in law age 2.4 years is not eating food daily instead eating biscuits lays etc. What should I do him to eat food. Suggest some ways.
My son is 4 years 10 months from 2 years onwards I used to give him pediasure in milk for 3 times a day. So now today onwards can I give him complain in the morning & pediasure in the evening will it effect his health.
My aunt is of 49 years old, her ht is 5'3 and weight around 70. She wanted to know how to cure fibroid without operation? Her report: uterus is Anteverted bulky measuring 105x68x70 mm ET=4.4 mm EE complex is pushed back two hypothetical masses measuring 44x34 and 28x18 mm have seen in interior wall of upper part of uterus Another small hypothetical mass 19. 6x18.7 mm is also seen. She has heavy bleeding during periods and body aches daily What is exactly it means and cure?
Dear All, you are requested to suggest me that my baby boy is one years old and he is 8.5 kg only. How can grow his weight and health please advice me it my kind request. My child is not drinking milk any drop. Regards
Hi I have 11 months baby boy. I want him to be social to all. And I want him to be stubborn free man. Need tips from you doctor so that I can follow it and it will b help full. For me.
My nephew is 11 months old. When he was born both kidneys are differing in size and doctors mentioned it is not a problem. But from 2 weeks he is suffering from fever irregularly. So we got blood and urine and found there is urine infection. We got the ultrasound of kidney again and there is still the difference. Is that causing this urine infection? Attached the new scan reports.
Hello Dr. My daughter is of 7 months and my problem is that my daughter tongue is always white due to milk how I can clean her tongue.
Hii sir my baby is 15 days I want to my baby is became genous his mother does not produce adequate milk I give bottle feeding to my baby what should I be done.
Dear sir. My question is I haven't able to sleep since 2 day and I am having a severe stomach pain. I tried multiple home remedies but didn't work. Please help me what can I do. Thank you.
Hi, I have a 4 month old girl child. Please suggest how to care for and how to treat for best grow. And suggest any books, literature or tools which help us better. Thanking you.
Sir, my 4 years daughter can't speak, she can hear properly but cannot speak, she speaks only 2-3 words like mammi, kaka. What should I do, I consult the doctors they said she will speak. But as long as time is moving I am getting very upset. Please suggest some solution.
How to cure fungal infection on genital area? I am suffering from fungal infection with skin rashes and itching on genital area.
My new born baby makes some disturbing voices even at his sleep. In malayalam we call it as'muuree. I am not sure of the english term. Pls help wht to do. Is this normal?
My son has very dark colour near neck area. Underarms and near thighs. He is overweight and 13 years old. Give some remedies for this.
My friend is 17 year old. Recently she had pimples through out her face. I heard that if hormones changing in body then what to do to reduce it please suggest possible remedy.
The appearance of the milk teeth is one of the most awaited landmarks in a child's life. The first teeth to erupt are usually the lower front teeth during 6 to 8 months of life, and the last milk tooth to fall off is at 12 to 14 years of age. The playful nature of teeth, difficulty to make them maintain good oral hygiene, and the food habits put the children at increased risk of dental disease.
Very often, because they are in place for a shorter duration, parents tend to ignore decay in the milk teeth. But whether it is decay or gum disease or broken teeth, it is important to immediately treat them.
Listed below are some functions that milk teeth play:
- Eating: They may be exerting slightly lesser force than the bigger permanent teeth, but they still play a significant role in chewing and digestion. Children with weak, missing, or decayed molars have poor nutrition and food habits due to their inability to chew food well.
- Esthetics: A child with a good set of teeth and an open smile is loved by all. This adds not just to the beauty of the child but also to his self-worth and self-esteem. These children feel more confident and are more social.
- Speech development: A good set of teeth are essential for the child's speech development. Improper spacing between teeth or lost tooth not replaced can lead to speech issues.
- Space Maintenance: In addition to the above functions, the milk teeth also help to preserve and "maintain" the space that is required for the permanent teeth. As the permanent tooth nears eruption, the milk tooth, gets resorbed, becomes mobile, and finally falls off. In cases where the primary tooth was lost and not replaced, the space may be reduced due to movement of the adjacent and opposing tooth into this space.
Given the above reasons, it is very important to take good care of the primary or milk or deciduous teeth. Some simple things to do would be:
- In the very early stages, before regular dental care can begin, the teeth can be wiped off with a gauze wrapped on the finger.
- By the first year of life, brushing should be introduced along with rinsing after each meal.
- A biannual visit to the dentist for oral prophylaxis with regular cleaning should be started by first year of life.
- If the dentist identifies the child to be prone to decay, fluoride application and/or pit and fissure sealants should be used.
These are sufficient reasons to take care of the primary teeth, which play a very important role. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist.