Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. BalasubramaniamYour feedback matters!
I am 37 years old male suffering with joints pain at foot digits. I doubt it is because of increased uric acid levels. What should I do?
How to lose weight? I have knee pain can I walk fast? Bco z when ii walk fast I have severe pain so how can I lose weight 5kg in 22 days I can run slowly? Bcoz of knee pain?
I am a 62yrs old male since about 3 months I am suffering from shoulder pain though bearable I would like to know the reason for the same. When pain is severe I take! tab of paracetamol -650mg [Dolo]. Pls advise how to go about in this regards and the remedy for the same.
Want Acl reconstruction in right knee. Please tell good exercise and supplement medicine to strengthen it.
There is pain in my ankle. I think it is sprain but the fast relief i.e. Volini is not showing any effect. Please tell my any solution regarding it.
I am 30 years old and I was a sportsman. Now I am detached from it since 5 years. I have severe pain on my thigh and leg. Please help.
Dr. I have pain in my right knee since 1 year what should I do to make it correct please guide me to have a better result.
I have been having a severe pain closer to my shoulder. I tried taking pain killers but the pain won't ease out instead it's getting swollen and red I am getting worried about this plz any suggestions that could help?
I am suffering from ankle pain and weakness in whole left leg all the time. It gets worse in the mourning. Kindly help me in this.
Whenever I get up in the morning or after any simple walk or some work my left heel starts paining badly. What is the solution for this heel ache?
I have been suffering breathing problems due to nasal polyps. Even after medical treatment it gets back to the previous stage. What should I do?
Foot arch pain is used in broader context for describing pain in bones, ligaments, muscles and nerve on the foot bottom. Slight damage to any of the components in the foot bottom can cause great pain. For starters, the pain lasts for a brief period, but increases over time if the condition is left untreated. Foot arch pain is more commonly witnessed in people over the age of 60 and among athletes engaged in sports of high impact.
The treatment plan of the pain totally depends on the cause. An early and right diagnosis goes a long way in treating the condition faster. For occasional mild to moderate pain, simple solutions such as footwear change can do the trick. Doctors often suggest four simple methods. This starts with rest followed by applying ice and then trying compression and elevation.
Anti-inflammatory medications are used to treat foot arch pain. Cases that are severe in nature can be treated with steroid and anti-inflammatory injections. For extreme cases, cortisol injections are prescribed too. This is done to relieve pain and release plantar fascia. Even stretching exercises are known to give relief from the pain. Some of the recommended exercises during this period are:
- Stretch-related to plantar fascia: This exercise should be performed by crossing the legs at the junction of the knee. The body weight should be rested on the unaffected leg and it should gradually come down to touch the toe. The idea is to stretch the plantar fascia. A set of 20 such movements should be practised on a daily basis. Each movement should last for about 10 seconds.
- Foot flexing: This exercise can be practised before getting out of bed. This is the tie when the pain from the plantar fascia is felt the most. This exercise should be repeated 20 times each lasting for about 10 seconds.
- Rolling stretch: This exercise should be started by sitting in a chair. A tennis ball should be placed under the foot arch and the same should be rolled back and forth for ten times at a time. The same should be repeated with the second foot. Once this posture gets comfortable, the same should be practised by standing on the ball. It is known to be extremely useful for people suffering from foot arch pain.
How to prevent foot arch pain?
1. Wear shoes that are half an inch lose as they will make feel comfortable while walking
2. Losing weight; obese tends to cause pain in the foot arch
3. Performing free hand exercise and simple stretching on a daily basis
4. Not to overuse the foot. People who stand for more than 5-6 hours at stretch on a daily basis are observed to have foot arch pain.