Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Nephrologists in India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Balasubramani
Submit a review for Dr. BalasubramaniYour feedback matters!
What sort of a diet should be followed for a 66 old with kidney infection to maintain their creatinine levels.
Sometimes I stop my urine if I am somewhere outside like market etc and now From last few days (2, 3 days) I am getting pain there specially when I try to stretch and there is a pressure on my tummy please tell me what should I do to remove this problem.
I have a kidney stone how to remove its of 9.55 mm so what are the medicine to remove it pains alot sometimes and I have an eye issue also sometimes my eyes also pain alot soo reply a best answer for my issue please.
I have got itching in my vagina from last few months also I am getting white discharge coming out from vagina on and off n after fet minutes its become thick cheesy clots and after this itching starts in my vaginal area what is it what do I do is It harmful. Also I have frequent urination problem after evry 30 mnts pr 50 mnts I get urine pressure Sumtimez itz after 15-. 20 mnts could you please suggest it it harmful what do I do I am really so scared and worried so pls suggest me wt I do? Is there any possibilities to cure by taking natural food?
I urinate frequently only during night My sugar is normal and no prostrate what may be the other causes?
I am 29years old, and I recently got to know that I have only one kidney. Do I have any kidney problem or impact with one kidney in future.
Normally I am going to bed 11: 30 pm sleeping and get up 3 to four of clock every day going for urine and doing urine yellow colour I am feeling bit uncomfortable what should I do and eat.
I do not drink much water (approximately 2 glasses per day). But I do urinate about 7 times a day. In case if I drink more, I get the need of urinating more. It makes me uncomfortable. Regarding my toilet habits, I do not go to toilet daily. The gap varies like 4-6 days. Sometimes it's hard & my anal area gets really painful when passing them out.
If you notice blood while urinating, you must visit a urologist to get a clear picture of the health issue. Blood in urine is known as hematuria in medical terms. Such a condition can occur in both men and women. It is a common condition and does not require the patient to panic. Rather immediate tests should be conducted to find out the cause of the blood and treated accordingly. Such conditions are very much treatable with a little care and vigilance following of the doctor’s advice. Here are some of the common causes of hematuria in individuals:
- Urine Infections: Urine infections are the common cause of blood in your urine. Most commonly these affect urinary bladder and rarely kidneys also. Prompt identification and treatment can easily revert this problem.
- Urinary Stones: Another major cause of hematuria, usually accompanied by pain in the abdomen.
- Enlarged Prostate: With an enlarged prostate, there can be blood flow with the urine. Rarely this may be a sign of cancer in the prostate.
- Exercise: This might come as a surprise for many of the fitness freaks. While exercises are needed for the body and rightly so; but exercises should be done in a certain limit. Heavy exercises, limitless and vigorous exercises can sometimes cause other health problems in the body. One such problem is the passing of blood in the urine.
- Medications: Quite interesting is the fact that long-term consumption of certain medicines might cause hematuria in individuals. Certain medicines like penicillin and aspirin are absorbed by the body to a certain extent. But overdose or the regular dosage might lead to further problems in the human body.
- Kidney Injury: A kidney injury is a form of internal injury which can be felt and manifested through signs and symptoms. Such injuries occur mostly to those who are in the field of sports. At times, a heavy punch, a hard training session, or an exhaustive fall might lead to kidney injuries. This, in turn, would cause hematuria.
- Tumors of Urinary Tract: Bleeding can occur from tumors arising from kidney, ureter, urinary bladder as well as urethra. These require timely detection and management. Early treatment leads to an excellent long-term outcome.
Thus, these are some of the common reasons for the development of blood in urine. However, it is a condition which can be best analyzed by the medical practitioner. Therefore, on the occasion of blood, you must get it tested and treated immediately.