Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. BalamuruganYour feedback matters!
My father of age 52 .weight 56gm. weight 5.5 inch having diabetes. Nd its now 215 aftr meal. So pleaseEgive diet chart without medication to take it to normal.
I'm 53 female. Last month my fasting blood sugar was 136. Thimonthi got fasting 219 and postprandial 378. Is this rise possible in one month? Can this report be genuine? If so what is my health status? Is it serious? What could the reason for such sudden rise?
I am diabetic but do not have any herald signs such as excessive thirst, hunger, loss of weight etc. The sugar levels do jump but the hba1c is between 6.5 to 7.
My mom suffering from diabetes. Her sugar level is sometimes very low or some times very high. Pls. Give me some tips.
I hav hypothyroidism. M taking eltroxin 100 mcg 1 tab daily. Now my thyroid is controlled. Now can I tak 50 mcg 1 tab daily?
I got my thyroid test done today. Test results are placed below. Kindly give your opinion and way forward TT3: 1.29 TT4: 9.40 TSH: 9.20.
My blood sugar fasting is 140 and pop is 160, since six months Dr. Prescribed gluconorm sr 500 tab, what is course duration to control my sugar level, I exercise and also drink green tea.
My uncle is 54 year and he is a diabetic patient and has high sugar and haven't taking medicine now recently it is found that his kidney are failed so can he be operated or a transplant.
I have thyroid problem, my TSH is 16.91 and T4 is 4.81. Please suggest me. Even I am taking medicine thyrox-50mg regularly. Suggest me diet also.
I am aged 55. I am Diabetic 2. I do take Diabetes medicine. My Question is I have frequent urination problem. It does not happen on a daily basis. It does not happen at night. It happens almost after every 2 days. Can you help.
Highlights - OBESITY CAN KILL – GET CURED TODAY
DIABETES IS NOT INCURABLE
Bariatric Surgery was performed on this patient about a year ago. She was suffering from following problems –
1. Severe Obesity (weight 120Kg) – since over 20 years.
2. Diabetes – since 10 years.
3. High BP – since 10 years.
4. Joint Pains – 5 years.
5. Breathing Problem – 5 years.
6. Swelling on both feet.
7. Fatty liver
She has lost 45 kg weight since surgery and continues to lose more. She has been cured from all above mentioned problems. She is not diabetic anymore.
The surgery is done with laparoscope, so there is hardly any scar. Patient can start walking on the day of surgery and is discharged from hospital within 2-3 days. This small surgery has changed her life completely. This surgery can add upto 15 years to the life of patient as patient is cured from so many life-threatening diseases. It also deceases their risk of heart disease by 85%. Even patient feels much younger after surgery.
Bariatric Surgery is now covered under CGHS and ECHS as well.
We also do Diabetes Surgery / Metabolic Surgery – The surgery to cure / improve diabetes. Patients who are not so obese but are diabetic and their diabetes is not getting controlled with any other means can undergo this surgery. It is approved by International Diabetes Federation, American Diabetes Association etc.
My recent thyroid profile test says T3 - 81 ng/dl T4 - 3.6 µg/dl TSH - 1.92 µIU/ml Is everything ok or do I need to have some special treatment for it.
I am 35 years old and I am a diabetic patience. Which medicines should I take to reduce and which fruits should I take..
I am 28 years old and I am suffering with diabetes and urine Infection from last 2 years please suggest me sugar 280 right now.
I am on thyrox75 +calcium, took fomoterol fumarate inhaler earlier. Is there a connection between hypothyrodism and asthma? calcilytics?
My mother having numbness both on her hands and toes. Her vitamin B12 range is good. Sugar under control. She is taking neurobion forte daily. What is this symptom? She is 77 years old.
Diabetes is a group of metabolic disorder in which the blood glucose level remains persistently high and requires lifelong medications, diet control and several other factors to maintain it in the normal level. Person having diabetes commonly end up with a serious complication called as ‘diabetic neuropathy’. It is also referred as peripheral neuropathy in which the peripheral nerves which are responsible for caring the impulse towards and away from the brain get affected. The symptoms may vary depending upon the type of nerve that gets affected but most commonly people may experience pain, numbness and tingling sensation over the arms and lower extremities.
The most important thing to be done in curing diabetic neuropathy is to maintain the blood sugar level to normal always with proper medication, diet and adequate physical exercises. Ayurveda uses few precious herbs to cure diabetic neuropathy, which are identified by our ancestors before many decades. Some of the herbs are:
- Ashwagandha which is also referred as Indian Ginseng is the best herb which has many medicinal effects and mainly used for ailing the disorders of nervous system. This herb acts on the nerves and also improves the strength and physical stamina. It also used for relieving the pain over the calf muscles, loss of weight because of diabetes, neuropathy, stress, frequent urination and nerve exhaustions.
- Manjishtha is an herb used in Ayurveda as a treatment for several diabetic complications. It treats not diabetic neuropathy, but also cures diabetic nephropathy and retinopathy. It acts as a best remedy for several chronic infections and inflammations. It has been noted that it has a calming effect on the nervous system thus it can also be used for the treatment of epilepsy.
Ayurvedic treatment for diabetic neuropathy
- Abhyangam, in which the whole body is massaged gently with the medicated oil to improve the circulation of blood, causes nerve stimulation effect and also relieves stress. They concentrate mainly on the foot (Padabhyanga) which is commonly affected in neuropathy.
- Sirodhara deep relaxation and revitalisation of the central nervous system which is found to get affected in neuropathy.
- Ksheeradhoomam, it is a process done for the problems of nervous system and other neck problems by applying special type of medicated steaming. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.