Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Balakumar
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. BalakumarYour feedback matters!
Yesterday we putted sixth week vaccination to my baby. Now he got fever of 101 degree and he passed a motion two times in a yellowish watery type. Every six hours once I'm giving crocin drops of 0.7ml. Is it normal? How long the fever wil there. He s not sleeping from mrng onwards. Kindly advice.
My 15 month old baby does not eat properly but she eat almonds and cashew. Her weight is only 8 kg pls suggest me what to do.
My son is 3 years 4 months old he has been diagnosed aa thalassemia minor his hb level is 8.4 .what should I do to remove his hb level.
I am addicted to masturbation. I do it daily. Is there any way to get rid of that. I am loosing my weight. How to overcome this problem.
Hello Sir, my son is about 6 months & 10 days of age. But there are some skin problem in his both legs near ankle. Some spots like which creates after itching. These are since last 2 months & not solving yet. He also has the problem of vomiting after taking his milk (bottle milk, never gets breast milk) and such serious cough problem also. Please suggest me what to do. Will wait for your reply eagerly.
Dear Sir, I had a medication today namely diclofenac and I am breastfeeding mother for 17 months baby. Please suggest me is it safe for feeding?
My 45 days old baby sleeping 4 hrs at a stretch at night, should I wake up her for feed or let her sleep, is pcv vaccine mandatory.
My son is 5 years old and he has white blood cell count is 15800 and s. G. P. T is 50. 4. What does this mean. What will be the deaseas?
What is viral fever?
Viral fever refers to an acute infection caused by the action of viruses. Flu or influenza is the most common form of viral fever. Since viral fever is contagious, when an infected person sneezes or coughs the virus spreads and comes in contact with other people. Children can remain contagious for about 10 days if they get the early symptoms of viral fever. Children who are younger than two years are at an increased risk of developing complications pertaining to viral fever. Controlling the symptoms of cold, fever and cough can cure viral fever.
Symptoms of viral fever
Fever and chills are the early signs of viral fever. Children suffering from viral fever will feel pain throughout their body. Other common signs and symptoms involving viral fever include cough, cold, runny nose, sore throat, nausea, fatigue, vomiting, headache, diarrhea, and stomach ache.
Certain preventive measures against viral fever
- Keeping your child away from anyone who is sick is advisable. To prevent the germs from spreading ask everyone to use tissues while they sneeze or cough. Make sure that your family member maintains good hygiene habits if he/she is suffering from diarrhea or is vomiting.
- To prevent coming in contact with germs wash your and your child's hands properly
- Seasonal changes are the thriving phase for viruses so take precautionary measures during those periods of the year
Tips for quicker recovery of your child
1. Offer enough drinks - A child gets dehydrated through fever, vomiting, and diarrhea. Oral Rehydration Salts can be given to little ones as it contains all the essential nutrients. This can be given to a baby even if he/she is just in breastfeeding stage.
2. Feed them special food - Soft and semi-liquid foods can be given to your child if he/she older than 6 months. Foods like dals, soups, and curd with sugar are advisable for your child. As he/she gradually gets stronger thicker foods like mashed vegetable can be added to his/her diet.
3. Ensure that your child gets adequate rest - Since viral fever is contagious it is advisable to let your child sleep in a separate room. Since the fever causes fatigue adequate rest is required for recovery. This will also prevent him/her from getting the other family members infected.
4. Sponge your child's body - Sponging your child's body with lukewarm water can control high fever.
5. Maintain proper hygiene - It is essential to wash your hands before and after touching your child to prevent the infection from spreading to the other family members.