Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. BalakumarYour feedback matters!
Sir my baby has club foot disorder in 1 leg. She is 11 days old. What is the treatment to be given and how much time approximately it will take to be cured. Who is the best doctor in howrah and calcutta and how much it will cost in plastering and treatment approximately. please guide sir.
My daughter is 2 years 11 months old. Her weight is between 10 to 11 kgs. She is having problem of febrile seizure. Her doctor suggested us that we have to take care of her fever for 5 years. She is having viral from 28th may evening and m giving her crocine syrup but till today she is having fever. Is it fine to give her crocine or should I go for a blood test.
HI, my wife is blessed by a beautiful daughter 10 days ago and hospital gave me only this tablet LEVOFLOXACIN TABLETS IP LOXOF 500 MG for 10 days only some time my wife feel pain in her back side and some time in stomach but I wanted to know that why it happen and LeVofloxacin TABLETS IP LOXOF 500 mg what use for? please suggest what I will do?
Hi sir. I have a 6 months baby girl. I have done all the types of vaccination which is mentioned in child doctors file. But I have an doubt that the vaccine of phnemonia is necessary to give to child or not in indian whether ?
Hi doctor. I am on vacation & my 6.5 years is complaining of stomach pain and throwing up even water also she is going for frequent urination. Please suggest what to do.
My 10 days son whose weight is 3.7 kg have blood creatinine level is 1.17 mg/dl and blood urea level is 64 mg/dl. Is it kidney disease? If yes please send me treatment advice?
Sir/ madam, I have a concern taking my boy who is 2 years n 8 months old, he does not call us mama n papa, no ask me something like water etc, he push me when ever he wants something, he does not respond when we call him, but now a days he is bit responding if I am not near him n calling him, then only he comes, he likes watching cartoons in I pad, or tv, he knows all the range, A to Z, 1 to 20, A for apple to z for zebra, he can read some of the words like push, pull,on off, those things he is seeing in tv, my main concern h doesn't communicate with us, now I am sending him school play group he is only crying there, it's his 2nd day today, he likes books, cars, animal toys, how can I make him to talk with us, he repeats with me sometimes, like wash your mouth, brush teeth, does he has ASD ,(autism please help, should I give him some food or what should I do, thanking you.
My baby is 6 months complete old and she is doing black stool. I want to know what is the reason behind it and is it normal? Her medicines are calcium, kidicare, dombex.
My baby is 3 months I am not having milk so I am giving formula bt I frequently give breast milk to suck but fr the past 4 days he is not sucking my milk bt having formula I donno what to do. Plzzz suggest any way.
List the food item should be given to lactose intolerant 10 month old boy baby. Daily what should be given? To become fat.
My new born baby of 15 days has got watery eyes. Water keeps coming out of her eyes. What needs to be done in this case and is this normal for new born or I need to be worried about it.
Hello doctor. My name is Harleen and i have a baby boy. We call him Rehanvir this 19th Feb he turns 10 months. I still feed him three times including night feed(breast feed not formula) and also give him semi solid food three times a day + small cup of cows milk once a day. My main concern is Why is he not sleeping through the night? He wakes up atleast three to four times at night. Babys feeding/Sleep routine: Morning 9:45: Home made cerelac with grated fruit Post Bath: 12:30 Breast Feed followed by sleep Noon 15:30: khichad Eve 18:30: cow milk/ sometimes Breast feed Late 1900-1930Eve small nap Night2030:Cerelac with soup 2200hrs- Bed time.. Routine goes half n hr up or down some days. (Problem is since last two months he has been waking up so frequently at night that i did a mistake of feeding him in between nights too,because i didnt have the energy to wake up every time to console him but now its become a pattern for him) Can you please advice how should i wean him off in between sleep feeds at night and also how many feeds is sufficient at day time if i'm also giving him semi solids. Most importantly how to make him sleep through the night. Thank you and regards Harleen Alagh
The most important concern that any expecting parent can think about is the possibility of a baby born with birth defects. Birth defects are common in the era of modern medicine and advanced technology, but some of the birth defects are easily avoidable.
Birth defects are either Structural Birth Defects or Functional Birth Defects. The structural birth defects include the infant showing abnormal symptoms and progress in muscles and organs whereas, functional birth defects include the defects in systems, which make the body function properly, such as the neurological and endocrine systems.
The most common structural birth defects are given below:
- Missing or abnormal limbs
- Heart defects
- Club foot (when you cannot put your foot sole on the floor)
- Cleft palate (splits or openings in the mouth's roof)
Causes of structural birth defects: The causes of structural birth defects are mainly attributed to genetic disorders or environmental factors such as conception and pregnancy. The external factors include smoking or drinking during pregnancy, deficiency in nutrition or exposure to viruses and other harmful chemicals.
The common functional birth defects are given below:
- Sensory disorder: Disorders in sensory system that can cause blindness and other problems, such as the loss of hearing abilities (both partially and fully).
- Spectrum Disorder: Problem in proper functioning of brain and the nervous system leading to intellectual impairment, ASD (Autistic Spectrum Disorder) and disability in speaking and hearing.
- Immunity disorder: It may cause cancer, autoimmune diseases (wherein your body's immune system attacks the healthy tissues) and allergy disorders.
- Degenerative Disorder: In this case, the child grows normally, but later shows problem in functioning and day to day activities. Examples of Degenerative disorder will include Rett syndrome (rare neurological postnatal condition of the brain's grey area) and muscular dystrophy (continuous muscle weakening).
Treatment of Birth defects: Birth defects are recognized by a series of tests conducted during pregnancy. Prenatal ultrasounds can be used to identify birth defects in the uterus. A sample of amniotic fluid (the fluid which surrounds the fetus) can be done along with blood tests to combat birth defects. Some prenatal tests can be done to determine the infections which the mother might have which can cause harm to the infant. There are many medications available to combat birth defects. However, it must be noticed that majority of birth defects can be diagnosed and cured after birth.
My 7 month girl is getting fever every 5-6 hours. She is on paracetamol from 3 days. Also she is getting teeth. Does she need antibiotics?
Not eating well, and always drinking soft drink everyday causes eating disorder right? Then eating disorder leads to hormonal balance. Which causes breast tenderness, nausea, abdominal pain, dizziness (sometimes) hungry or craving, unable to breath properly, irritated, depression, urinating frequently w/ small amounts, skips menstrual period, bloated tummy, cannot sleep well, always farted gas out and suddenly just feel cold? Right? Plsss help. Just type in YES OR NO and a explanation! pls.
My daughter is 2 year old some say she is anemic some say calcium deficiency her weight is 11 kg tall. Is tonic for this have any side effect on her.
My baby has loose stool from 2 days I am giving her GNorm then also she has loose stool 8 times day.please help
ADHD is one of the commonest behavioral disorders that are found in mostly school going kids. In fact, this kind of trouble might affect kid's ability quite adversely. There are a few signs with the help of which ADHD in kids can be easily detected and some of the commonest ones are emotional turmoil, unfinished tasks, squirm and fidget, low focus careless mistakes and other related ones.
Both interpersonal relationship and schooling success can be hampered to a great extent with this kind of mental disorder. This is why the kids facing the mentioned signs need to be thoroughly diagnosed medically so that the doctors can recommend best treatments that can provide fastest recovery and that too safely and easily.
Best tips for tackling ADHD in kids:
- Setting behavior limits: If you make your kids learn how to lead a disciplined life, then appropriate behavioral limits are established. Arrogant child is mostly exposed towards ADHD.
- Staying calm: Child anger should be efficiently controlled otherwise. ADHD cannot be cured. If the kids remain calm and quiet, then only their concentration level will increase, and they can show productive outcomes.
- Setting pressure free structure: Sensible routines and scheduled charts are to be prepared so that unwanted risks can be easily avoided. If the kids are under tremendous pressure, then they might face different kinds of behavioral troubles.
- Allow kids to make wise choices: If you let your kids free, then only they will be able to take right decisions. Kids with a cool mind can take wise decisions that are very much appropriate for upgrading their performances.
- Advocating child: Child advocating is highly needed for maintaining a good and healthy balance. But too much strictness should be avoided so that your kids' behavior can be controlled with ease. This should be done either by parents or tutors so that they can choose the best direction in life.
- Avoid muting any headstrong child: Communicate with your child so that a proper interaction can be maintained. If your child remains silent for too long, then they might face different behavioral troubles.
- Acquiring knowledge about ADHD: Both parents and kids should have equal knowledge about ADHD and then only the probable signs can be easily avoided, and the necessary treatments can be known.
- Being persistent: Persistent behavior is to be maintained, and if you find any deviation in your kids, then you should take them to a doctor. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.