Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Balaji Raveela Bhaskaran
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Balaji Raveela BhaskaranYour feedback matters!
I wants to tell you about my skin problem my skin is filled with rashes and I feel very bad itching in my whole body. Please tell me the solution of my this problem?
It is a commonly known fact that regular exercise is a necessary part of staying healthy and keeping fit. Physical exercise isn't just about losing weight or increasing stamina. It also has countless health benefits, which promote holistic well-being of an individual.
One such benefit of exercise is improved skin health. Proper and regular exercise is known to keep the skin healthy and flawless through many different ways.
Following are the different ways in which exercising keeps the skin healthy and flawless:
1. Improved blood circulation - The cardiovascular benefits of exercising promote blood circulation in the body and skin. This allows oxygen and nutrient supply to the skin to get improved, especially in the outer layers, thereby promoting skin health.
2. Reduced stress and anxiety - Mental health issues such as stress and anxiety have a damaging effect on skin, making it appear dull and aged. Exercising treats these issues through the release of endorphins in the body, which reduces stress and anxiety. Thus, it effectively works in making skin look flawless and radiant.
3. Boosted immunity - Regularly exercising keeps the body's immune system boosted. This includes skin immunity, making the skin less susceptible to diseases and infections. Therefore, skin remains healthy and glowing.
4. Improved sleeping habits - Having an improper sleep cycle and not getting enough sleep can lead to the formation of dark circles and swollen bags under the eyes. Regular exercise can induce restful sleep and promote healthy sleeping habits, making skin appear rested and healthy.
5. Toned muscles - Exercise tones the muscles in the body, which makes the skin clean and tight and prevents the formation of cellulite. This keeps the skin from sagging and gives it an unblemished appearance.
6. Improved gland function - Functioning of the mucous glands and sweat glands in the skin is improved through exercising. This keeps the skin free from pimples and acne and makes it look spotless and resplendent.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I have oily skin not very much oily but it's oily. How can I take care of my skin. And remove dark circles.
Hello doctor ivhave a problem under my eyes dark circles are coming by using brunda under eye cream can easily give me change from these dark circles problem of mine.
In my small age I were brown in colour now my colour is black by playing in the sunshine whats the way to get back my older colour.
I have very dark knees, under knees and under thighs problem although I have very fair complexion. Is it possible to get those areas as fair as my other body parts? If yes Then please suggest how?
My face is full of black marks, acne,tan, pimples,pores and facial hair. It looks dull and weird. My skin tone is dark. What is the solution for this.
Acne scars look bad and often interfere with your bright looks, as they make you feel embarrassed and unfresh. You use more makeup to cover them or avoid going out in order to hide them. However, instead of hiding your face or the scars, you may try these treatment options to remove the scars instead and feel brighter and better.
- Chemical peels: This method involves the application of a chemical peel on the skin. The acid in it removes the superficial skin layer to improve the appearance of the scar. This works well on lighter scars, and a licensed medical practitioner, nurse or cosmetologist can do this procedure.
- Dermabrasion and Microdermabrasion: This technique involves using a high-speed brush on the skin to polish the portion of the scar and make that part of the skin even, so that the scar looks lighter. If your skin doctor feels that you don't need serious dermabrasion, then he may use a microdermabrasion where small crystals are sprayed onto the skin surface to remove the skin cells over the scar and improve appearance.
- Fillers: Fillers are used on the skin which gets depressed due to the acne or scars. There are some binding materials like collagen or Hyaluronic acid, which can be injected through an injection, and this keeps the skin smooth, scar free and elevated for some time after which the injection has to be repeated. This has to be a continuous treatment until your skin starts to appear normal again.
- Retinoid creams: The retinoid creams are especially beneficial on scars if applied patiently for a prolonged period. These creams come with little side effects like burning, drying or peeling of the skin, but over a medium to long-term application, all scars do get removed.
- Laser treatment: A combination of a few types of laser treatments or just one type depending on the acne stage or redness is used. This smoothens the skin and removes the acne scars by removing skin cells from the area.
- Punch Excisions and Skin grafting: This is a surgical technique. The acne scar can be removed by cutting a portion of the skin, and removing it. Normally, this procedure is combined with skin grafting, where the hole created by the acne is filled up either through stitches, or through grafting of the skin. This is actually the most invasive process to remove scars and only done when you have a serious, permanent and stubborn scar which can't be effectively removed by other techniques. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.