Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
I hv continuous pimples coming and left their scars on my face. Wt could be the reason. Is there digestive problem could be the cause. As thrs no proper digestion here.
My wife facing too much problem on her period she has too mch pain in her stomach and her periods are not periodically come.
Hello sir, I am just 25 years and my hair was almost gone and those are almost white which remains yet please suggest something.
Hello, I am having pain in my knees and legs .I m 57 years old my one overy and utrus has been removed in june 2007.I m taking amway omega,cal mag d,glucoamine from last 07 months. Pain is reduced but at times it becomes more pain ful. I have no other disease.
2.Eat slowly. One of the main causes of indigestion is unchewed food.
Don’t eat food “piping hot”. Our stomachs are not meant to have hot foods inside them. A useful thing to remember is that if it is hot in the mouth it is hot in the stomach. This includes tea and coffee. Food and drinks that are too hot may disrupt enzymes and injure the lining of the stomach. So, always wait for it to cool.
3.Don’t eat on the hoof. Meals should be taken at a leisurely pace. If you eat on the move, there is more chance that digestion will not begin. Instead foods in the stomach and intestine will start to ferment, producing gases that bloat you.
4.Avoid eating fruit with the meal. Tempting though it is, because it seems lighter on the stomach than puddings, it is not good at the end of a meal. This is because fruit digests faster than dense proteins, so fermentation and gas accumulation may occur.
5.If bloating is a persistent problem, try simplifying your meals. Instead of having lots of food groups at one meal try separating them. For example, proteins need acid enzyme digestive juices, whereas carbohydrates need alkaline enzyme digestive juices. When you have to break down both types all at once you are not achieving optimal enzymatic action, so some fermentation and gas accumulation may occur.
6.Try taking slightly smaller servings and think twice about second helpings. As a good rule of thumb, try to get into the habit of estimating the quantity you allow yourself using “nature’s food bowl”. Cup your two hands together as if you were using them to make a bowl. The quantity of food that would fill that “bowl” should be your maximum at any meal.
7.Make sure that you drink enough water. Ideally, hydrate your stomach with a glass of water half an hour before a meal.
Source:British Homoeopathic association
Can drinking water with lemon prevent kidney stones? Also, I have been told not to drink city water.
My hair takes a long time to grow. For years it hasnt grown long and its just at the shoulder length. Its also thinning. I want a solution to this.
I am having facing of hair fall present I am taking ayurvedic medicine but I did not see any development before this I also gone to many doctors and angles clinic. Can you please help me on this case.
I am suffering from gas problems. I eat very less but still my stomach became very heavy. I rarely eats oily food or cold drink. I am not a alcoholic or smoker. Pls suggest me.
I am 24 is old female unmarried am getting trouble with menses delay in every month. I am not consul any doctor till now and I didn't use any prescriptions?
my mother had Brain clot and stroke what is it and what treatment & consequences are there. Currently admitted in hospital. suggestion required.?
I am 23 years now. I am suffering from full hair fall what I should do to stop hair fall and hair growthing.
Hello doctor from some days I am suffering frm weakness and body pains so please consult a good medicine for my health.
Hello doctor. I have a yellow tooth at front remaining all white. Please suggest how can I make it white.
I have bumpy acne scars on my nose and inward acne scars on my cheeks. I seriously want to get rid of all of these scars. The scars on my cheeks and and nose are not all that seriously scary but doesn't look good at alll. I don't want to try any medicines or apply any. Is there any kind of treatment for this problem. And how much time will it take to get rid of these by treatment. Please help me!
I had sex with my boy friend just after the next day from my last period. I also took emergency contraceptives after two days from intercourse. Now I am bleeding in just 11 day from my last period. There is any chance of pregnancy.
I am 20 year boys I have pimple problem and his marks on my face many tblt I has use but no effect of this so what I do.
6. Obstruction: tumours in the urinary tract can block the normal urine flow. This causes overflow incontinence.
7. Neurological disorders: parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, brain tumours, strokes or spinal injury can cause incontinence.">
Involuntary and sudden urine loss in women is termed as urinary incontinence. Some of the contributory factors to urinary incontinence are menopause, pregnancy and childbirth.
There are seven types of urinary incontinence.
- Stress incontinence: If normal physical movements like sneezing, coughing and exercising cause small amounts of urine to leak out, it is called 'stress incontinence'.
- Urge incontinence: If large amounts of urine leak out during unexpected and at odd times, like during sleeping, it is called 'urge incontinence'.
- Overactive Bladder: This is characterized by frequent and urgent urination, along with urge incontinence or not.
- Functional incontinence: If external deterrents or physical disabilities like not being able to find a toilet, leads to sudden leakage of urine, it is called 'functional incontinence'.
- Overflow incontinence: A full bladder, at times, leads to unexpected leakage. This is called 'overflow incontinence'.
- Mixed incontinence: Whenever urge and stress incontinence occur together, it is categorized as 'mixed incontinence'.
- Transient incontinence: When urine leakage occurs due to temporary situations like infections or new medications, it is called 'transient incontinence'.
Urinary incontinence is not a disease; it is a symptom. Infections, diabetes, or other medical conditions can cause incontinence. If incontinence is temporary, the causes might be any or all of the following:
- Urinary tract infection
- Over consumption of alcohol
- Too much caffeine intake
- Consuming carbonated drinks
- Decaffeinated coffee and tea
- Use of artificial sweeteners
- Foods which are too spicy, acidic or sugary
- Corn syrup
- Being on sedatives, muscle relaxants, blood pressure and heart medications
- High doses of vitamin B and vitamin C
However, if incontinence is persistent, the symptoms might be different:
- Pregnancy: During pregnancy, hormonal changes and weight gain in the body can cause incontinence.
- Childbirth: Normal vaginal delivery weakens muscles that control the bladder, thus leading to incontinence.
- Age: The bladder muscles weaken with age which, in turn, affects the bladder urine holding capacity.
- Menopause: The levels of "oestrogen" hormone drop with the onset of menopause. Oestrogen keeps the lining of the urethra and bladder healthy. The gradual damage of the bladder tissues leads to incontinence.
- Hysterectomy: The bladder and uterus are supported by the same ligaments and muscles. Surgery deteriorates the pelvic floor muscles, thus removing the uterus can lead to incontinence.
- Obstruction: Tumours in the urinary tract can block the normal urine flow. This causes overflow incontinence.
- Neurological disorders: Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, brain tumours, strokes or spinal injury can cause incontinence.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized gynaecologist and ask a free question.