Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. BalachandranYour feedback matters!
I am 56 year old women and currently suffer with high blood pressure 186/90. Please tell me medicine.
My mom having body pains for last 15 months. Consulted more doctors but no use. All doctors told. It's low blood circulation. Somebody says its blood platelets counting is low. So we consult govt hospital in kurnool ap state. After that problem solved almost platelet count is 1.5 lakh. So happy. But pains are not recovered. Daily she facing problem with pains. We r very poor. I'm a student. And my father also old age .he don't know anything. I'm feeling so sad. What's best way to recover my mom from the pains. Help me.
My husband is suffering from high BP since past 4 months. His pressure has gone upto 170/105. Inspite of taking medicines. Nexpro L and Azarbi40 since 1 month there is no improvement. His head pains a lot. He can't est much and feels breathless at times. He has stopped salt intake as well. What should I do to bring his pressure to normal?
I have blood pressure problems at least one months which medicine is suitable for remove the diseases.
Kya allophatic medicine aur Ayurvedic medicine saath me le sakte hi kiya 2 din gap Dena chahiye. Mera sexual disorders ka treatment chalra himalya Madicin SE. But muje hai BP Bhi hi 150 hi aur dotor muje dawai dere alopathic kya dono medicine le sakta ho?
Sir I am (29, recently my blood pressure raised to 160/100 on 17/02/2016 and I consulted cardiology doctor and gone through tests like 2d echo, x-ray, lipid profile and reports and I am taking (telma-am 45mg tab for bp) are normal in range and after two days I have balance problem, unsteadiness and tinnitus (ringing inthe left ear continuously) and I also consulted Ent doctor and doctor advised to take AUDIOLOGY TEST AND I HAD A 10% OF HEARING LOSS IN THE LEFT EAR AND THE ENT DOCTOR advised to take Hrct scan temporal bones and the report is below. Observation: High resolution CT scan of Temporal Bones was studied. Bilateral maxillary polyps. Adenoidal thickening noted. Mild prominence of tympanic membrane on left side. Partially pneumatized right mastoid. BOTH SIDES: EXTERNAL AUDITORY CANAL: Normal. MIDDLE EAR: Epitympanic recess, hypotympanic recess, Tegmen tympani, Tegmental air cells, bony part of Auditory tube, Malleus/ Head, Incus are normal. INTERNAL EAR: Cochlea, vestibule, semi circular canals, jugular canals, carotid canals, facial nerve canals and IAC are normal. PETROUS APEX: Normal. AND THE DOCTOR SUGGESTED TO TAKE (1. SHELCAL 500MG TABLET 2. OTOFLOUR20MG FOR 1 MONTH) AND MY BALANCE PROBLEM NOT YET CURED, PLEASE SUGGEST ME HOW TO CURE MY unsteadiness AND TINNITUS PROBLEM AND ALSO SUGGEST ME TO WHICH DOCTOR I SHOULD CONSULT AND ALSO TELL ME WHAT IS THE PROBLEM IN THIS REPORT. PLEASE GIVE ME THE SOLUTION TO SOLVE MY HEALTH PROBLEM.
When I test for lipid profile the result always shows high triglyceride but the cholesterol level is within the limit or on threshold level. I am taking rosuvastatin 20 mg daily after dinner. Is that the right medicine I am taking? Looking for your kind advice.
My mother has high blood pressure and its fluctuating all the time. Is it necessary to checkup from heart specialist?
when i take deep breath my chest is paining and i am getting some red spots in my cough also i got ex-hosted soon like climbing stairs long walking what could be the problem please suggest me i am feared of something terrible wrong with me
Hi, I am just suffering from low blood pressure from childhood what should I do for complete care of it and got full relaxed from this, please help me.
The heart is a muscular organ that pumps blood to the entire body through a network of arteries and veins. This network contains big vessels which branch out further to supply blood to the distant organs. There is, therefore, some pressure that the heart and thereby the vessels need to exert to push the blood through these vessels. This is known as blood pressure, and normal pressure levels range from 90-140(systolic)/60-90(diastolic) mm of Hg. However, due to various reasons, this pressure could be more, which is one of the first signs of heart disease.
Causes of increased blood pressure:
- Thickening of the blood vessels. With age, the elastic blood vessels naturally turn rigid and less elastic, so there is more pressure required to push blood. It is natural for people over 55 years of age to have higher readings of blood pressure. This is known as primary hypertension (HTN)
- Narrowed blood vessels. This happens due to cholesterol accumulation along the walls of the blood vessels. Faulty dietary habits along with sedentary lifestyle have increased the incidence of hypertension due to this condition, known as atherosclerosis. Critical atherosclerotic narrowing of renal arteries lead to renovascular HTN that is one of the commonest of secondary HTN.
Other Causes of secondary hypertension are:
- Kidney problems
- Thyroid hormone disorders
- Congenital heart defects
- Chronic alcohol abuse
- Adrenal gland tumours
- Chronic use of medications like birth control pills, pain killers, etc.
Unidentified and uncontrolled hypertension can be silent and can lead to more severe conditions like heart attack and stroke. India is fast becoming the new hypertension capital of the world. Some of the common risk factors are:
- Family history
- Being obese or overweight
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Alcohol consumption
- Excessive salt intake
- Stress levels
- Ethnic background
- Hypertension can go undetected for years together, but if there are risk factors like diabetes and high cholesterol, it is advisable to periodically monitor blood pressure.
- Headaches, nosebleeds, and shortness of breath should not be ignored. These can be the first warning signs of hypertension, and if detected early, preventive measures can be taken.
- If there are co-morbid risk factors, it is advisable to constantly keep a check on BP readings.
This includes a combination of diet and lifestyle modifications.
- Quit smoking and alcohol: Of the many wonders quitting smoking can do, reducing BP readings is just one. The improvement would be almost instantaneous. Quit or else reduce alcohol and see dramatic improvements.
- Weight management: Through a combination of diet and exercise, ensure that weight is brought under control. Set a target BMI (Below 26 kg/m2) and work towards it religiously.
- Diet: Reduce salt, increase potassium, increase vitamin D, eat a heart-healthy diet, and see the hypertension readings improve.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!