Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Bala SubramanianYour feedback matters!
My brother is suffering from motor axonal neuropathy of bilateral peroneal nerves. Where his ncv of left peroneal is 28. 70m/s and right peroneal is 45. 85m/s and left tubal is 34. 51m/s and right tubal is 37. 86m/s. He is feeling severe burning sensation in left foot and unable to walk due to pain. He is also feeling some pain in right foot from thumb but able to place the leg on floor. Kindly suggest the percentage of damage as per above data and necessary steps to follow for the recovery.
I have a problem of migrane. How can I get recover & how much time get to recover it. Please ans me?
I am 24 years old I have migraine from pat 10 to 12 years but now it's like when ever I eat any sweet or chocolate my migraine starts how to avoid such things.
I m 20 yrs old and I have suffer a hand shivering and I m 7 yrs born child and after my born I suffer phnemonia so what I do? please give me advice.
Hello my hand are got fractured and now I am not able to move my hand fully help me out my alll nerves are block.
I am facing nightfall problem since 20 yr. Currently my hands vibrate at any time. I eat healthy foods but my body structure is very weak & my heartbeat goes abnormal under pressure or fear. I am single right now.
My friend is 25 year old. And he is suffering from migrane last 2 years. Which medicine will be helpful for him.
I am 31 years male. I urinate properly but at end of urinating when I apply some pressure some urine come out. H/O multiple sclerosis since 2009.
I am 23 years old suffering from migraine and my eyes are sensitive to light suggest me any medicine.
I had a 3 seizure attack one 2 year earlier and other 2, one day before. I was not aware of that disease but it's been diagnosed by a doctor, we are in general hospital, What we should do?
I get anxious and thoughts worries thinking makes me sleepless at night, maybe insomnia effecting my health n routine, I get upset and depressed oftenly. Kindly help.
As the famous quote says, 'prevention is better than cure', let us take you through some preventive measures to keep you and your loved ones away from the dreadful brain stroke. Brain stroke occurs due to an interruption in the regular blood flow to the brain or bursting of a blood vessel or due to the bursting of blocked artery, which reduces the supply of oxygen and nutrients, leading the brain cells to die.
Top 8 things that will reduce the likelihood of having a brain stroke:
- Eat well: Having good eating habits are not just good for a healthy outlook of the body, but also benefits the body in many other ways. Eating a plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, fibre rich diet, reducing salt and fat content can prevent stroke.
- Stay Active: Regular exercising not just makes you feel and look good, but also reduces the odds of developing a brain stroke. Exercising regularly or keeping the physical activities regularly will keep you away from suffering a stroke. Pick any physical activity, but do work out to stay away from the brain stroke.
- Say no to Smoking and drugs: Yes! The more you smoke, the more are the chances of you of suffering the deadly brain stroke.
- Control your blood pressure: The ideal blood pressure for a healthy person is 120/88 mm HG. Regular check-up of blood pressure is advisable to control the chances of suffering a stroke as high blood pressure can result into damage of arteries, which causes brain stroke.
- Drink in limits: Limit the amount of alcohol you consume, as alcohol increases the blood pressure, which is one of the main reasons behind the stroke. The high amount of alcohol can increase the blood pressure to a higher level very quickly. Consulting a doctor is the best option in case you are not able to control your alcohol intake.
- Cholesterol: People suffering from high cholesterol are at higher risk of strokes as the cholesterol can travel to the arteries in the body making the arteries narrow and the body more prone to suffer a stroke. Choosing healthy lifestyle helps in reducing the cholesterol level.
- Diabetes: High level of diabetes is one of the most prominent reasons behind stroke. One should get his diabetes level checked and keep it under control since the arteries might get blocked because of fatty deposits because of higher sugar levels.
- Depression/Stress: Any kind of depression or stress, generally leads to avoidance of all or some of the points discussed above and hence becomes a reason for an unhealthy body, which is more prone to strokes. Consultation with a doctor and/or psychiatrist is advisable in case a person if suffering from depression.
Improving your health and taking charge of your life should be the top most priority and should never be ignored. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.
My wife 23 year old having migraine problem and after consultation to a neurologist that treatment was not tolerable so what should we do now?
What do these symptoms indicate: Fatigue, Generalised pain especially in legs, a bit of insomnia, paraesthesia, mild depression, poor concentration, stiffness, knee and elbow pain occasional sense of imbalance.
HI, I am 24 years old and I have a small problem in my hand. It shivers if I hold some weight. Please suggest.
Seizure - Sudden surge in electrical activity of the brain; which affects how a person looks or behaves for a short time.
Epilepsy - Two or more seizures separated by a time duration of 24 hours, with reversible causes of seizures having been ruled out.
Be Calm -
- You must be calm. Reassure People.
- Place a soft object below the head.
- Be Reassuring and friendly as the person recovers.
- Ensure that the person does not hurt themselves by removing objects that may injury them.
- Always time every attack. The time beginning of the attack until the person regains composure and awareness.
If fallen - Position
- Turn the person gently to one side - Recovery Position. This will ensure airway remains patent and prevent aspiration.
Never to do
- DO NOT hold the person down or try to stop the movements.
- DO NOT try to force open the mouth or insert hard objects like wooden sticks, spoons or finger, as this will increase injury to you and the patient.
Once Person recovers, offer him help to reach his residence or hospital, if he seems confused and dazed. Be Reassuring and Friendly as person recovers.
- Epilepsy Foundation
- Indian Epilepsy Centre