Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Bala.S.V.S
Submit a review for Dr. Bala.S.V.SYour feedback matters!
Is there any permanent solution for blood cancer what are the lowest expense treatment now available in india? Is it possible full recovery in one year what are the simtames of blood cancer.
My name farhat jahan ,female 40. My CEA level is 9.1 and alkaline phosphate level is 150. Is it means cancer.
With the recent number of breast cancer cases on the rise, it is important that we should get the examination done on a regular basis as a preventive measure. Even if someone is suffering from it, it is important that we should make an effort and learn about.
If you have breast cancer then a surgery will be part of your treatment. Based on the condition, surgery will be carried out due to any of the following reasons:
1. To remove the cancerous tissues from the breast
2. To reconstruct the breast once the cancer is removed
3. To check whether the cancer has spread to the lymph nodes below the arm
4. To treat symptoms of cancer that has progressed to an advanced stage
Breast cancer surgery may be classified into two types
1. Mastectomy: Mastectomy involves removing the entire breast; tissues in the adjoining region may also be removed. A double mastectomy is a procedure where both the breasts are removed.
2. Breast-conserving surgery: In this surgery, only parts of the breast affected by cancer are removed. The area of the breast that is to be removed will depend on the severity of the cancer. Some healthy tissues may also be removed in this surgery.
Usually, if a woman is in the initial stages of cancer then she may opt for the latter as it entails removing parts of the breast. They may also undergo radiation therapy along with these surgeries.
For checking if the cancer has spread to the lymph nodes below the arm, the lymph nodes are removed from the body. Once they are removed, they are studied under a microscope to check if it has spread, if yes then the extent of their damage. This procedure is carried out along with the surgery to remove the cancer.
Once the mastectomy procedure is completed, you can opt for a breast reconstruction surgery to rebuild the area. You may opt for this procedure at the time of breast cancer removal or at a later stage. If you are considering breast reconstruction surgery then you should discuss with a surgeon.
Surgery is sometimes not used to treat cancer, but in slowing the progression of cancer or even reducing its symptoms.It is important you talk to your surgeon before the procedure to understand the goal of the surgery.
Dear doctor my mom have non small cell lung cancer what is better treatment for this type of lung cancer and doctor gives her chemotherapy with giftinib 250. Please suggest me any new treatment overthere.
I have 1.5cm hypodense mass lesion in the left kidney. Appearing echogenic on ultrasound with no CT demonstrable fat attenuation within? Renal cell carcinoma? Angiomyolipoma. Then I take biopsy Biopsy result as A1 to A3 renal cortical tissue A4 sections reveal a tumour composed of papillae lined by a single layer of small cells with scant cytoplasm with mild nuclear pleomorphism. The papillae have delicate fibrovascular core Foam cell clusters are seen in an occasional area finally result concludes as papillary neoplasm of kidney pls explain what problem I have sir I am now afraid of cancer.
My. Grandma has. A.breast. Cancer.which is 2.8 n they had. Done one chemo. But after chemo she. Feels week. N all she can not tolerate it nd Dr. gave light chemo but she cnt mange it nd some ppl says after chemo cancer will appear any tym so wat should we. Do.
Sir, I am, 63 yrs, male taking oral medication for an enlarged prostate for the last three years. How can I ascertain whether there is any malignancy or not ?
People's daily reported that cancer has become the number one threat to human life. It is a common and frequently-occurring disease which seriously endangers the health of people. Cancer experts have pointed out that, besides the genetic factor, cancer is also highly related to the environmental factors, in which diet is one of the most important.
Relevant researches have pointed out that about one-third of the cancer diseases has something to do with the poor eating habits in daily life. With the gradual improvement of the living standards, people tend to eat more refined foods at the meal, while the intake of coarse grains and cereals is reduced. Such modern poor eating habit will lead to a series of cancers, which seriously affect the health of human body.
- First, lack of cellulose will increase the incidence of colorectal cancer.
- Second, excessive intake of high-fat, high-protein foods has become an important reason for the increasing incidence of breast cancer and colorectal cancer.
- Third, about 75% of the head and neck cancer is caused by drinking alcohol and smoking.
- Fourth, people who like to eat hard, hot, and pungent foods will easily suffer from esophageal cancer.
- Fifth, gastric cancer has something to do with too much intake of smoked foods or foods which contain nitrate, such as sausage, ham, pickles, dried salted fish and so on.
- Sixth, eating mildewed corn, peanut, rice and other foods or drinking unsanitary water will make people susceptible to liver cancer.
- Seventh, people who prefer to eat sweet and greasy foods are most likely to suffer from pancreatic cancer.
- Eighth, insufficient intake of vegetables and fruits has something to do with colorectal cancer, gastric cancer, liver cancer, breast cancer and esophageal cancer.