Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. BalaYour feedback matters!
Sir I am masturbating for last 14-15 years but now I am feeling some kind of pain sometimes in my knee, sometimes waist and sometimes back. So what is the reason of it?
I am rahul, I am 20 years old ,i am having pain in my back and in my forehead so what should be good for me and how I can feel happy?
I am having pain in my leg from many days. As well as I have typhoid. please give me solution as soon as possible.
I am 22 yr female. Recently started working in IT. I have already started getting severe back aches. Wat to do?
I am 59 years, having back heel pain since last 4-5 years. Please suggest me some remedies / medicine.
I had a slip disc 4 years back. MRI showed L5-S1 with 8mm gap. I took medications also along with physiotherapy sessions but still pain in back. Numbness in leg and morning stiffness is there. I take Intagesic -MR for pain relief regularly. Please advice how to get rid of the pain and also if any other painkillers for this?
Helo, m suffering frm viral fvr, and my joint pain is intolerable. I used mdcne azee, tusQ,and ultra set. Bt no effect. please sugest me better mdcne.
Dear Dr. sir my question is I have sometimes suddenly pain in my neck and it turns over my shoulder it also turn over my back become high panic .So please suggest me some advices about this dangerous disease. It is your most kindness yours faithfully Fayaz Ahmad from j&k.
I have severe pain in both heal l when I walk & stand. Pain become excessive when wake up early in the morning.
I am 42 yrs old, from Hyderabad. I am having backpain since 4 yrs. On MRI scan it showed a bulge and tear at L4 &L5. Pain is severe during night and early morning. Please tell me few exercises which relieve backpain.
Hello doctor; I have done with acl surgery of right knee on 15 october. I do regular exercise 3-4 times. I do walk with the help of knee brace. So can I walk now without brace. I tried somr time. But I am little bit scared so I ignored. Also can I drive two wheeler or can I sit on second seat on active. Please suggest me all these. Thank you.
I am suffering for leg joint pain. And last week a atack electric shot. So please get me a simple sagucation for my post thanks.
If you are suffering from arthritis, it is important for you to know about how it affects your knee and other joints. Arthritis is a chronic, systematic inflammatory disease which damages your joints and connective tissues. Your knee is commonly affected by arthritis and there are three primary types of arthritis that occur in the knees. They include osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and post-traumatic arthritis.
Types of arthritis
The different types of arthritis affecting the knees occur due to different reasons. Osteoarthritis is a progressive condition, which wears away the joint cartilage over time. Rheumatoid arthritis is an inflammatory condition, which may occur at any age. Post-traumatic arthritis occurs after an injury is inflicted to the knee and may occur several years after a ligament injury or knee fracture.
- Arthritis pain may occur all of a sudden but develops slowly. In the early stages, the pain is observed in the morning after you have been inactive over the night. Pain is likely when you want to move around. Pain may be experienced even when immobile.
- Periodic inflammation is a common symptom of arthritis of the knee. This happens because of the formation of bone spurs or excess fluids in your knee. The swelling gets pronounced after being inactive for a long period. The skin on your knee may look red and feel warm while you touch it. This may lead to chronic inflammation, which is very difficult to manage.
There are several ways of treating knee arthritis. The mode of treatment depends on the severity and cause of knee arthritis. NSAIDS or nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are commonly prescribed for dealing with arthritis pain temporarily. Other medicines used for knee arthritis treatment are as follows:
- Analgesics, which help in pain reduction act as good alternatives to NSAIDS.
- Corticosteroids are used for reducing inflammation.
- Certain DMARDs or disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs are used.
Certain injections that are used for helping with knee arthritis. They include:
- Hyaluronic acid supplements, which ease the pain and inflammation by lubricating your knee joints.
- Corticosteroid injections also soothe inflammation and pain.
You may also require a surgery for dealing with knee arthritis when other modes of treatment fail. The most common surgeries are as follows:
- Total joint replacement, where your knee is replaced with a prosthetic made of metal, plastic or ceramic.
- Osteotomy, where the knee bones are modified for controlling pressure and damage in the knees.
- Arthroscopy, where an incision is made in the knee for removing damaged parts.
It is recommended for you to consult a doctor, if you experience any symptom of knee arthritis. Early treatment will prevent the condition from worsening.