Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Bala GopalYour feedback matters!
My son who is 8 year old. If he drinks milk or take any food in the morning, he omits it. During day time whatever he eats he digests it properly. The problem occurs only early morning. Please suggest me what to do?
Can a nephrotic syndrome child take salt in food? Is it harmful for him? How can nephrotic syndrome be cured?
My 8 months old baby taking homemade cerelac twice in aday, and formula milk 3 t Tyms in aday, half banana. How to feed my baby with healthy nutritions. please let me know.
My 1 year 7 month old child have trigger thumb on right hand since last month should it be cured by itself or it need any surgical intervention?
My baby is 21 days old he is crying every night. He is not satisfied with b/f we give amul cow milk. He is not sleeping every night he is crying what should I do? Please suggest me
Tej bukhar ane par behosh (5-10 mint ke liye) ho jati h aur akad jati h, hath bhi piche ki taraf mud jate h. Esa abi tak 2 baar ho chuka h.
My baby is 6 months old n we r going for painless vaccination. I just wanna know is it safe for baby or not.
My son is suffering from cold and cough past 2 days. I am giving him sporidex 2.5 ml 3 times a day. Any remedies for cough? please suggest.
My son 9 YEARS old ,He got Urinary infection in the penny. The end of the skin is infected and slightly closed. From 21st Oct it was happen thrice. Again I have shown to Dr. He was informed to do small surgery in the penny? Is it required? Please confirm.
I have a 4 months aged son. His weight is 6.5 kgs. There is no fever. Problem is he is not passing the stool everyday. Once in 5 days is passing stool. Doctor prescribed vitazyme and milk of magnesia syrup but there is no use. Kindly help me.
A baby should be breastfeed for at least the first few months after birth. Breastfeeding has a number of benefits for both the mother and child. Apart from being the best source of nutrition for the baby, it also helps the mother and child bond.
Here are a few benefits of breastfeeding your baby.
- Nutrition: No formula can be compared to the nutrition provided by a mother’s milk. The first milk produced by a mother’s breasts is known as colostrum which is rich in antibodies and proteins. Breast milk is made up of the perfect mix of proteins, vitamins and essential fats. It is also easier to digest as compared to formula feeds.
- Immunity boost: A mother’s milk is rich in antibodies and helps strengthen the newborn child’s immunity. These antibodies also help lower the baby’s risk of developing asthma or allergies later in life. Babies that are breastfed are also said to have a lower risk of suffering from ear infections, respiratory problems and diarrhoea. It also plays an important role in lowering chances of sudden infant death syndrome. Breastfeeding is also said to protect babies from certain types of cancer in infancy and later stages,
- Bonding: While being breastfed, a baby is held close to the mother and has skin to skin contact. This makes the baby feel secure and helps him or her to bond with the mother. For the mother, this process can also help fight postpartum depression and help reconnect with the baby.
- Healthy weight: Babies who are breastfed are said to be less likely to develop obesity. This is because breast milk has lower levels of insulin as compared to formula and babies who are breastfed have higher level of appetite and fat regulating hormone called leptin. As they grow, these babies put on a healthy amount of weight, but refrain from overeating and have healthier eating patterns. This helps maintain a healthy BMI and prevents diseases like diabetes etc.
- Boosts intelligence: Studies show that babies who were breastfed for the first six months have a higher IQ than those who were not. Thus, breastfeeding is said to play a significant role in cognitive development. There are two main reasons for this. Firstly, breast milk is said to fatty acids that are not available in formulas, Secondly, the emotional bonding between mother and child is also said to contribute towards boosting IQ levels.