Find numerous Physiotherapists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Physiotherapists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Back Pain Treatment
Treatment of Neck Pain
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Slip Disc
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Frozen Shoulder
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Buttock Pain
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease
Treatment of Shoulder Injuries
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. Bakthaprabhudas N (P.T.)Your feedback matters!
I had ligament operated 9 years back and also slip disc 4 years back. Pls suggest me any exercise to burn my calories and loose weight. Am 5 ft height and weight 60 kg. Have to loose at least 5 kg.
I have very back problem from last 2 year . I am a student of engineering so I want be fit to face my life. Please suggest me some tips.
One year ago, I cress an accident through bike ride and on that day some lightly pain on my right leg. But till date the leg pain will increase very high. So please suggest me what can I do?
Hii, My mother is of 49 years and she has a lot of pain in knees. What if Doctor said there is a gap in joint. What should be the best treatment? please suggest.
I am 35 years old. I have leg and foot pain since 10 years due to toe gout. allopathy is not working and dall and floor not using. It is not helpful. When I am in restless pain will be more. Please suggest proper medicine in homeopathy .
sometimes she has tingling sensation on her legs n her back. whenever she hve done work. Its difficult to stand straight also mean. For eg. When she do washing. She bent for a while. Like around 5 mins. Aftr that shez not able to stand properly n wen she have tingling sensation. She feel to stretch. Means. When she stretch her leg n wen she shake it. Its relief. Lil. What must be this? What we shud do?
I haven't been able to sleep 2 days due to the severe back pain, tried lots of exercises and medicines, but didn't work. What should I do now? Please help me.
Hi doctor, I'm 19 year old female. But this is for my 19 year old male friend. He was in love with his class mate. They loved each other well. But recently, her marriage was fixed by her parents with another guy. Now both of them are compelled to separate. But he is always thinking of her and his exams got interrupted. He is in such a way and so depressed every time. Doctor, how can I advise him or how can I bring him back?
I have been suffering from backpain since 3 years. Pain killer have to use many times. But until I am not in cureway. So kindly advs me pls.
My mother is having pain in both ankles. Dr. said" haddi bad rhi hai" is surgery the only treatment ?
Hello. I got my periods last month on 28th but l again got them on this 11th in just 10days after my previous cycle. This never happened to me before. This cycle preceded with severe backache and fatigue levels higher than every time. It is all like brown clotted blood very less bleeding and not like regular flow. May I know why this happened suddenly?
I am 20 years adult girl. And I suddenly have pain in my middle portion of back. What it is and how it can b treated. Should I go for medicines or not. If yes plzz recommend me some medicine.
I haven't been able to walk since 2days due to extreme leg pain. I tried many ways but couldn't work. please help me.
Hi, I am 19 years old in an accident my leg was pressed under bike tyre two week were gone no relief feel I am wearing cream bandage also but no relief feels. Please advise
Gone are the days when bone ailments and damages were detected based on the experience and superficial conversations made by the physicians. These days with the advent of radio waves, medical science has made significant progress that has enabled a detailed overview of what exactly is going on inside your body and what should be the most relevant treatment in that regard. Magnetic Resonance Imaging or more commonly known as MRIs are a boon when it comes to diagnosing orthopedic and musculoskeletal complaints.
Common Uses of the Procedure:
MR imaging is usually the best choice for examining the:
- body’s major joints.
- spine for back pain
- soft tissues (muscles, tendons and ligaments) and bones of the extremities.
MR imaging is typically performed to diagnose or evaluate:
- degenerative joint disorders such as arthritis.
- tears of the menisci, ligaments and tendons (knee) or rotator cuff and labrum (shoulder and hip).
- fractures (in selected patients).
- spinal disk abnormalities (such as a herniated disk).
- the integrity of the spinal cord after trauma.
- sports-related injuries and work-related disorders caused by repeated strain, vibration or forceful impact.
- infections (such as osteomyelitis).
- tumors (primary tumors and metastases) involving soft tissues around the joints and extremities (such as muscles, bones and joints).
- pain, swelling or bleeding in the tissues in and around the joints and extremities.
- congenital malformations of the extremities in children and infants.
- developmental abnormalities of the extremities in children and infants.
- congenital and idiopathic (developing during adolescence) scoliosis prior to surgery.
- tethered spinal cord (abnormal stretching in the spinal cord) in infants and children.
In this process, X-rays and radio waves are subjected upon the affected region to examine the conditions of the bones, tissues, muscles and also detect the presence of tumours. This is majorly a non-invasive test and is painless. It does not use ionizing rays and therefore does not harm the body in any which way. The MRIs capture a detailed picture of the organs and the internal body structures and then transmit them onto a computer screen for the physician to monitor the inside story.
- MRI is an imaging technique that does not require exposure to radiation.
- MR images of the soft-tissue structures of the body (particularly muscles, bones and joints) are often clearer and more detailed than with other imaging methods. This detail makes MRI an invaluable tool in early diagnosis and evaluation of many conditions, including tumors.
- MRI can distinguish abnormal tissues from normal tissues much more accurately than most other imaging tests (x-ray, CT, etc.).
- MRI enables the discovery of abnormalities that might be obscured by bone with other imaging methods.
- The contrast material used in MRI exams is less likely to produce an allergic reaction than the iodine-based contrast materials used for conventional x-rays and CT scanning.
- MR images allow the physician to clearly see even very small tears and injuries to tendons, ligaments and muscles and some fractures that cannot be seen on x-rays and CT. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a radiologist.
Hlo sir. As I am having exams these days so I had to do studies and to sit on the chair for continuously for soo many hours without any support to the back bone so I am facing a severe pain in my back bone so can us suggest me something to get out of it. Thank you.
Shoulder pain while lifting overhead objects might be a result of strenuous activity involving tendons impinging bones of the shoulder. Impingement syndrome is also called swimmer’s syndrome.
What causes it?
It is caused by activities involving tendons and bones of the shoulder, for example strenuous activities, such as swimming, tennis and gym activities involving muscles of the shoulder. Even reaching for overhead objects and painting might aggravate impingement syndrome. If not treated at the right time, the syndrome might become extremely painful as the tendons begin to tear.
General pain in the shoulder is one of the most common symptoms, especially while reaching for overhead objects or using shoulder and arm muscles in general. If it occurs for a prolonged period of time, then it might actually lead to a tendon tearing and leading to a rotator cuff tear. This would overtime lead to decreased ability to use the arm muscles and the bicep muscles might tear as a result of prolonged negligence, despite swimmers syndrome. A doctor would recommend a physical exam and x-ray to rule out possibilities for bone abnormalities and arthritis.
How to prevent and treat it?
Those who have extreme shoulder pain and have been diagnosed with swimmer’s shoulder are referred to a physiotherapist with whom, regular sessions help restore mobility of the affected areas. The physiotherapist recommends the patient numerous stretching exercises to practise, preferably under a hot shower. In addition to physiotherapy, a doctor will prescribe powerful painkillers which have to be administered orally on a regular basis.
These oral painkillers, such as ibuprofen have to be taken under the guidance and prescription of a doctor as they will have a host of side effects such as acidity and should be taken post meals. In case of ineffectiveness of orally administered painkillers, cortisone based injections might be given, but it is a double-edged sword as the effectiveness of these injections decrease over time and it might make the muscles and tendons weak. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.