Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. BakdavachalamYour feedback matters!
Summer means firing up the barbecue grill, throwing on a couple steaks, kabobs and hot dogs, and enjoying a beautiful day in the sun. Now, can you tell me what’s wrong with this situation? The part about the sun is what should concern you unless you’re wearing sunscreen, that is.
Summer is arguably one of the most anticipated seasons, but it’s also one of the most dangerous as far as sun damage goes. As African Americans, we often think that we don’t need to apply sunscreen as much because of the melanin in our skin, but in reality, our skin needs protection, too. Here are three steps you can take this summer to protect yourself.
1. Layer on the SPF. Many folks think that SPF is only reserved for long days at the beach, but the reality is you should be applying SPF to your face every day. Now, you're probably thinking, “What if I’m just hanging around the house? Do I still need it?” The answer is yes! If you're near…a window or you spend a lot of time sitting in front of a computer screen, then you’re exposing yourself to harmful UV rays, which are linked to skin cancer and premature aging. Pretty much any moisturizer will do as long as it has a SPF of 15 or higher. Cetaphil’s Daily Facial Moisturizer SPF 15 is great for all skin types because it’s fragrance free, light weight and protects against UVA and UVB rays. Note: You need SPF all year round, not just in the summer months!
2. Keep your skin hydrated. Dry, ashy skin is so not sexy! To keep your skin healthy and smooth while giving it the moisture it craves, try Gold Bond’s Ultimate Softening Shea Butter Lotion.
3. Don’t stop at the face. We tend to neglect everything from the neck down. To protect the rest of your skin, invest in a good sunscreen. Don’t worry; sunscreens have come a long way. Lots of companies these days are going out of their way to ensure that their sunscreen products are waterproof, sweat proof, lightweight a.k.a. non-greasy yet 100 percent effective. For instance, Sun Bum’s Advanced Broad Spectrum has a SPF of 50. For further doubts ask privately
I am a male of 22 yrs. I feel stress because I always think about my face. Becoz it is dull and now I am taking medicine for my dull face according to dermatologist. Treatment taking too much time. I always think that people do not like me. How should I change my mentality?
My husband having itching problem around anus at one side. He is having itching heavily. Already tried ring guard but didn't cured. What to do?
I am 30 years old man ,nowadays my face skin becomes darker and darker bearing scars of acne and becomes dull, shine less. Suggest me the remedies to overcome these problems.
My father is 59 year age, his prostate psa is 10.35, wht are the reason to increase this. And how it can be control.
I have black mark on my back of my body so who can I reduce these back marks can you plse suggest me.
USG Report showed Prostate borderline engagement in size but normal shape. Measure: 40.5 mm x 33.0 mm x 32.4 mm and Volume: 22.7 cc (approx). Also I have multiple calculi within GB lumen and so will proceed for an operation for the stone removal. Please suggest me any medicine if required for the treatment to reduce the prostate size.
I live in Ooty Tamil Nadu. I had recently had a small wound at the back of my right foot,(a little above the heel), apparently caused due to a shoe bite. I have no problems while walking, but seem to be having pain either while sitting or lying down. I had consulted a general physician, here, who had prescribed tablets for the pain to subside. It has been about 10 days, but the pain still continues, while walking. I have now been asked to consult a surgeon for his opinion. I'm concerned as to what might be the problem. Is there chances for any growth in the wound itself, that might need to be surgically removed? Thanks in Advance.
I've discovered milky white secretion from breast after my husband and I had intercourse. The fluid came due to pressure on breast. I am not pregnant neither there is any abnormal lump on my breast or inside. I am really worried about this sudden secretion as it seemed abnormal to me. But it gave me no pain. I've non-classical pcos and I am afraid if there is any hormonal imbalance in my body. What can be the causes of this secretion? Do I need to go for medical examination? I am really worried and confused. Please help me by providing relevant information.
I had scratches on right hand by cat around 10 years back, from then infection began I guess. White hair and dandruff, dark black spots on both sides of face, skin became dark black near elbows, nightfall during sleep since scratches happened, some bacterial movement all over the body, pain and smell during urination and across penis and joints. Snoring heavily during sleep. Please help on these issues which am facing now.
Hello docto, my age is 26 not married, i'm suffering from LPP on my skin since 3 years, I had showed my dermatologists and use many creams lotions sunscreen vitamins antioxidants but not get any results doctors performed many tests everything is normal, I have hypothyroid and now i'm using 50 mg electrixin from 6 months now thyroid is normal still doctor advise me to take 50 mg continuously, 1 week back I showed one senior dermatologists he prescribed me carofit plus tablet morning and nit and ban-a-tan at morning and afternoon, next carofit max cream at nit, melawash face wash I started taking these medicines, doctors said there is no no treatment for LPP, what I want to do now my skin became very dark face hands under arms neck stomach are flat topped pigments, doctors are suggesting me to take photo therapy is it gud and it works on my body please i'm requesting you to provide me solution for this pblm waiting for your reply. Thank you.
I am 19 years old and I have small pimples on my face. And my skin is also tanned. Please tell me the best way to get rid of it permanently?
I am having blackheads on my nose. I tried all methods of removing it like clean up and all but it comes back again. Is there any permanent solution for it.
I'm 20 years old female. I live in hostel so it's hard for me to have healthy diet. I have to take all oily meals they provide. Still is there any way to get fairer and flawless skin?
It is an extremely embarrassing situation to have a bladder leakage. Social life could be altered, with reduced socialising for fear of losing control in the presence of others. Though not discussed frankly, it is an extremely common issue and about 25 million people in the United States suffer from this, with 75% of these being women.
Treatment depends on the type of incontinence, such as stress, urge, overflow, functional, or mixed. It starts with least invasive methods like lifestyle changes moving over to surgical approaches.
Ways to manage it
With trips to the toilet increasing considerably when you have urinary incontinence, simple measures can help manage leakage.
- Bladder training: Train your bladder to control the urge for another 10 minutes. This happens by voluntarily contracting the muscles and holding up the urge to go to the toilet. Gradually, it will help increase the frequency of the visit to 4 to 6 hours.
- Scheduled toilet trips: Whether or not there is an urge, visit the toilet every 4 to 6 hours.
- Double emptying: Even after you have voided, force yourself to void one more time. The residual urine, which is almost always present in the bladder, also gets emptied.
- Food/diet modifications: Stress incontinence is worsened by alcohol, spicy foods, acidic foods, and caffeine. Avoiding these can help reduce bladder leakage.
- Kegel exercises: The simple repetition of contracting the pelvic floor muscles, holding it in place, and releasing it can do wonders for strengthening the pelvic floor. This can be done anywhere and any time of the day and is very effective for improving bladder control.
- Catheters: These can be used if the incontinence is short-lived; the person would need to learn how to safely insert and remove it.
- Absorbent pads and medical devices: The absorbent pads are helpful in preventing embarrassment during social situations. On the other hand, medical devices like pessary are inserted into the vagina to support the bladder neck and thereby prevent leakage from the bladder.
- Drugs: Anticholinergics/antimuscarinics are useful to control a leaking bladder. Botox injections can help paralyse the overactive bladder muscles and provide a solution. Topical oestrogen may be used in small amounts to improve tone and reduce incontinence. Alpha blockers are also used in some people with good results. There are muscles that relax the bladder and increase the amount of urine it can contain.
- Surgery: In the event that all these measures are not useful, surgical correction is possible. Sling procedure where an artificial mesh is used to support the urethra. Bladder neck suspension is where the bladder neck is given support to prevent leakage. If there is a pelvic organ prolapse, that is corrected to rectify the bladder leakage. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Urologist.