Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Bagyalakshmi N
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Bagyalakshmi NYour feedback matters!
I am 22 years old girl, I had an injury near my left breast 4 years back. But now I feel pain in that area I have painkillers bt no relief I get. I feel the pain while sleeping also. There is no mark but a very small lump I feel in my breast whenever I press that injured area. Please suggest me wht should I do or which specialist should I consult because nowadays m feeling the pain more frequently. Is there any tests required to detect the actual cause behind the pain? Please suggest me what should I do.
I had sex n took ipill within 48 hrs. I hv vaginal bleeding after 12 days of taking ipill. M I pregnant? I had intercourse 6 days back where he nly had precum. He never ejaculated !shud I be worried of getting pregnant?
Dear Sir/mam I am suffering from pcod from 11 years I have taken so many oral hormone and metformin but the result is zero I also have taken apcod but result yet zero I don't have regular period and a very less blood flow please suggest me some treatment.
My wife is pregnant. Now 4th month is going on. Last mnp was 5th march 2016, edd is 12th dec 2016. From march 5th we are avoiding contact. When I can start contact.
I am 7 monthpregnent and my blood evel is only 9.1grm in my body what fruit and food and juice will increase my blood please suggest me. And if blood level will increase there is any complication during cesarean delivery.
If you want to have a safe pregnancy by curtailing all sorts of complications, then you have to promptly respond to warning bells. There are certain warning symptoms that should not be neglected at all as that might put your pregnancy in danger.
- Bleeding: This kind of situation cannot be ignored as that often leads to serious issues like placental abruption or miscarriage. In this case, you are definitely in need of the assistance of any expert midwife.
- Swollen face or hands: Slightly swollen face or hands in pregnancy are normal, but if you observe excessive puffiness, especially on your feet and ankles, then it is a warning sign as it might lead to toxaemia or PIH. Therefore, consulting a doctor is very much needed in this regard.
- Abdominal pain: Round ligament pain is quite normal, and you do not have to worry about the same. But if the pain is accompanied by bleeding, then the danger of miscarriage might come into being, and thus you should be very much alert about the same.
- Blurry vision: Both blurry vision and dizziness are the commonest pregnancy symptoms. But if they get increased suddenly, visit your doctor.
- Itching: Itching is common during pregnancy mostly due to stretching of the skin. Your skin also becomes dry. But if it continues for long, then you should check the same with your doctor for avoiding liver disorder.
- Fever: Exposure to flu and cold viruses increases during pregnancy, as a result of which fever occurs. But if the fever lasts for more than 48 hours, then viral conditions can be expected, which are pretty dangerous.
- Unwanted back pain: Normal pain in pregnancy is alright, but excessive pain might indicate bladder or kidney infections, preterm labour, miscarriage or cyst. All these conditions should be essentially avoided to ensure a healthy pregnancy.
- Gushing of fluid: If you are not in labour, but are feeling wet constantly, then it is better to see a doctor. There might be a great possibility of breaking of water, and this is quite dangerous in the advanced stage of pregnancy.
Less movement of baby Experiencing baby kicking is quite natural during pregnancy, and if stops suddenly, then there is something wrong. Kicking patterns should be followed and then only you will be able to realize whether the baby is normal or not. If you are facing any of the above symptoms, then immediately visit your doctor.
Hi, am posing this question for myself. We're blessed with a baby boy on 2nd March 16. My LMP was 2nd June 15 and my periods use to occur once in 30 or 31 day cycle. We were trying for the second for couple of months and as per the doctor's advice, we tried having intimacy on the 14th day from my last LMP. My understanding is that the baby was formed only from the egg that got released after my last mensuration cycle in june15. Could you kindly help me in knowing when exactly would've been my conception or ovulation date please.
When you are becoming a mother, then a great deal of special attention needs to be paid towards you and the baby. At such a delicate juncture in life, you cannot risk the health of the baby and the mother by resorting to conventional medicine system that comes bundled with plenty of side effects.
Listed below are a few reasons why you should opt for a homeopathic system of medication.
- It is completely safe as it has no side effects
- Homeopathic medicines are mostly prepared from non-toxic substances such as plants
- The medicine works by stimulating the body's own immune and healing systems
- Homeopathy not only targets one ailment but the overall well-being of the body
For the Mother
- Wound healing - After you deliver a baby, your body has a lot of internal bleeding and wounds that require special medical care. Here homeopathy comes to the rescue using Arnica Montana, which is one of the most popular agents that help in healing.
- Breast problems - Homeopathy is quite useful in treating a lot of breast related conditions like mastitis, cracked nipples, breast lumps and such others. In this condition a homeopathic medicine called Phytolacca Decandra can help treat such issues.
- Baby blues - It refers to periods of low moods and depressions that happen after conceiving a baby. In this case, the homeopathic medicine Pulsatilla helps you to revive your mood.
- For the Baby
- Teething - Teething is the stage when the baby tends to develop his or her baby teeth. It is identified by a baby with bright red cheek crying due to discomfort.
- Sleep - Uneven sleeping pattern of babies is also a common problem which causes them discomfort and irritation which makes them cry at times.
- Immunization - It is known that homeopathic medicine mostly focuses on the overall betterment of the human body.
Therefore, taking homeopathic remedies also fortifies your immune system thus helping the baby fight ailments in an efficient and effective manner.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
These days a life without a smartphone seems impossible. It has created a world of constant involvement for each of us .We all admit to the fact that we use our smartphones throughout the day from early in the morning till bedtime to ingest information.
This revolutionary device has substituted many traditional alternatives such as night watches, alarm clocks, calendars, flashlights, nightstand books, etc. Hence, most of us leave our smartphones to charge at night, right beside us on bed, for ease of accessibility. A time even when we donot accept to stay away from it. But this is not advisable for many reasons.
Reasons not to sleep with your smartphones on the bed
Substantially less sleep
Studies show that our constant need and ability to stay connected creates stresses of its own. These studies provide evidence to show that the radiation smartphones emit affects the quality of our sleep.
Let?s read through the various reasons why smartphones could adversely affect our quality of sleep.
Smartphones emit a certain type of ?Blue Light?, which is known to significantly affect the production and effectiveness of the sleep inducing human hormone called Melatonin.
This may be because blue light emits wavelengths similar to daylight, which can make our bodies think its daytime, at any time.
Much like standard light bulbs or fluorescent strips, mobile LED lights too aggravates the production of sleep producing Melatonin and stimulates the pigments called melanopsin within the cells in the retina, passing on signals to the brain.
Even a pulse of light lasting for as less as 0.12 seconds could delay the body clock and trigger the body into an alert mode thereby affecting the relaxation needed for Sleep.
Better yet, keep your smartphone in another room while you slumber. Radiations interfere with our body?s ability to repair itself from any damage suffered throughout the day.
Increase in irritability and stress
Anything that disrupts the quality of our sleep impacts our attentiveness and irritability in the short and long term. In fact, sleeping with smartphones is especially bad for kids and teenagers who typically need more sleep than adults, (and who statistically sleep with their phones close to their heads more than adults). It can cause mood and personality changes, ADHD-like symptoms, and depression in kids.
Chances of a fatal fire
A teen in Texas woke up, choking with the burning smell. Her Samsung Galaxy S4 smartphone was on fire, which was tucked beneath her pillow. The culprit was the non-Samsung phone battery, the phone?s manual made it very clear that using of incompatible phone battery and chargers can be risky. Therefore, the moral of the story is better to stick with phone accessories from the original manufacturer and never keep your phone under your pillow or thick materials.
The health risks of cell phones
There?s been no research that verifies cell phone use source cancer; in fact, the relations to any kind of health risk aren?t yet clear. In general, cell phones are said to emit such small doses of electromagnetic radiation?which is also emitted from X-rays and microwaves and can lead to tumour growth. Still, the World Health Organization warned in 2011 that usage may be possibly carcinogenic to humans, especially in children, whose scalps and skulls are thinner than adults?, and more vulnerable to radiation emitted by smartphones. So if you?re at all worried about the possible cancer risk, try to text instead of call, hold the phone away from your ear, or use an earpiece or the speakerphone setting as much as possible?and definitely don?t sleep with the phone next to your head.
A sabotaged Sex life
A loved one is definitely more cuddly and sexy than a smartphone. Nevertheless the current wave of cell phone obsession has severely affected the sexual elements of a relationship. A recent survey reveals that a whopping 72% Americans keep their cell phones within 5 feet of their bed and keep checking for any updates, even in the midst of a Sexual Intercourse.
Some mandatory Precautions to be taken
Most experts around the globe have repeatedly highlighted the importance of constraining ourselves for over-usage of smartphones, especially during bed-time. Not only does the practice help in better sleep quality but also keeps the body away from radiations, at least during the night time.
Limit the number of calls you make before sleep.
Limit the length of your calls soon before bed time.
Use hands-free devices (wired cell phone headsets or wireless ones like Bluetooth) , in case a bed time call is absolutely unavoidable.
If you are not using a hands-free device, put the cell on ?speaker phone? or hold the phone away from your ear.
If you have a habit of listening to music or playing games on the mobile phone during leisurely night time, put your phone on ?airplane mode? when possible. Airplane mode means email, Internet, and phone can?t be used, but you can listen to music or play games on the phone.
Prefer messaging, instead of talking, before going to sleep.
Go over these guidelines with your children and limit their cell phone use during sleep time.
No doubt, the matter of sleeping with our smartphones is part of a larger issue we face as a society by being engaged to all our devices 24/7. But, productive sleep in particular is important in helping our bodies recover from the stresses of the day. Being concerned and checking our phones before and during sleep, along with the fact that phones emit radiation, means that attaining a state of deep sleep is difficult. Henceforth, little by little, we should make a conscious effort to limit the negative effects of sleeping close to our phones every night.
1. Foods Belonging To Brassica Family
Consume Foods like cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, peanuts, cabbage, broccoli, kale, mustard greens, turnips, rutabagas, soybeans, spinach etc which contains goitrogens.
• Goitrogens helps to block the ability of thyroid to use iodine and hence slows down the activity of the thyroid.
• Eat raw cruciferous vegetables to get maximum benefit as goitrogens are active in the raw state.
2. Include More Berries
Add at least one serving of berries in your diet plan to control hyperthyroidism.
• Blueberries, raspberries, strawberries contain anti-oxidants which improves your immune system.
3. Omega -3- Fatty Acid And Proteins
Omega -3- fatty acid helps to control the hyper stimulated thyroid gland. Proteins are necessary for the building of muscles and to provide energy for the body. Protein sources also contain L-glutamine which helps in rebuilding the gut and de-inflaming the body.
• Eat cold water fish, flax seed oil and nuts to get the omega-3-fatty acid necessary for the body.
• Include soy, turkey, walnuts, salmon, tuna and trout in your hyperthyroidism diet.
4. Dairy Products
Hyperactivity of the thyroid gland can remove the calcium from your blood. The body compensates this loss by leaching calcium from the bones. This can cause osteoporosis.
• Include three servings of yoghurt, cheese, milk or cottage cheese in your daily diet.
5. Spinach And Collard Greens
If you are allergic to dairy products, you can get your daily supply of calcium from vegetable sources like spinach collard greens etc.
• Figs, prunes and sesame seeds are also excellent hyperthyroidism foods.
This is another vital component of hyperthyroidism diet. The hyperactive thyroid gland can deplete the zinc.
• Include almonds, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, peanuts which are rich in Zinc in your diet.
7. Fiber Rich Foods And Anti Inflammatory Foods
Fiber rich foods are beneficial for the proper working of the thyroid gland. Anti inflammatory herbs help to reduce the inflammation of the thyroid which is the reason for hyperthyroidism.
• Include whole grain foods, like oatmeal, whole grain breads, brown rice etc in your food.
• The anti inflammatory herbs to be included in your diet are turmeric, ginger, rosemary, cinnamon and oregano.
8. Antioxidant Rich Foods And Vitamin D
It is also necessary to consume antioxidants and vitamin D rich foods in the diet. This will reduce the oxidative stress caused by hyperthyroidism. Vitamin D can reduce the inflammation and auto- immune reactions of the body.
• Avocados, olive oil broccoli etc contain antioxidants.
• Salmon is a good source of vitamin D. You can get your daily dose of vitamin D from eggs, mushrooms etc.
• Spend 20- 30 minutes in the sun to get the necessary vitamin D for the body.
9. Cassava, Sorghum, And Millet
These food items contain cyanogenic glucosides which blocks the iodine availability of the gland.
• These foods increase the immune function and gives protection from osteoporosis
10. Vitamin C And Vitamin E
These vitamins are helpful in reducing the oxidative stress caused by the hyperactivity of thyroid glands.
• All the citrus fruits are rich in vitamin C.
• Bell peppers, olive oil, wheat etc are a good source of vitamin E.