Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Bagyalakshmi NYour feedback matters!
Which tablet shall I take to get periods. I got dem last 3 months ago. I did urine test. Thrice its negative.
I am suffering from white discharge problem. I am having Hempuspa syrup and medicine but not cured completely. Can you suggest some medicine with minimum side effects.
Recent scan of mine Shows A small heterogeneously hypoechoic SOL measuring 19×14 mm is noted subserosaly along the posterior wall of uterus. How long time it will take to increase fibroid size. What are the complication? And we are planning for a baby Please suggest the cure for it and can it Effect my pregnancy? Is there any difficulty in conceiving?? & medication prescribed by doctor is appropriate??
I have pcos for a long time. I am under regular followups. But I am facing anxiety and depression all the time, which has affected my sleep. I am facing it since a long time. What should I do?
I am 22 years old female I was suffering from lupus still under treatment feeling very weak and having joints pains specially legs are paining a lot all the time and I want to know that will be normal again as before or not.
I am 38 years ,I have a lump in my left breast since last 12 years. Sometimes it's paining also. I have two daughters also and breastfeed them also, then also lump is as it is. So please advise treatment or any test.
Hi I have high sugar level because of PCOD so shall I start diabetic medication or should just have balance diet n no stress.
One of the unique forms of depression is the Seasonal affective disorder which is characterized by the onset of depression with the start of the winter months and a full remission during spring time. Seasonal affective disorder is a form of depression that affects about 1 in 20 people around the world on average. One of the common therapies used to treat this disorder is light therapy.
What is light therapy?
Light therapy is the controlled exposure to specific amounts of bright light on a daily basis as a medicinal tool to correct depression and other mental disorders. It has been noticed that the lack of exposure to lights may trigger certain mental disorders within patients and controlled exposure to bright light over a stipulated period of time every day may be able to correct this effectively.
How it works?
Brightness within the daily world is usually measured with the unit of lux. For all types of artificial lights, the measure of luminosity is estimated via this unit. Human beings have an automatic trigger where low light levels for continued periods may cause depression. A clear sunny day outdoors will have a measurement of 10,000 lux and this is the recommended dosage for exposure for people suffering from depression.
It has been seen in studies that people with severe forms of Seasonal Affective disorder responded well to this therapy. They were treated 30 minutes daily with light exposure and over time the study showed that it significantly improved the moods of the people.
Some of the reasons why light therapy proves to be an effective treatment option for SAD include:
- It resets the circadian rhythm - Controlled exposure to light will trigger the hormones that control the circadian rhythms or the daily rhythms of sleeping and walking cycles and thus will help reduce depression.
- It triggers neurotransmitter function - Light exposure triggers certain neurotransmitter functions which work like an antidepressant and thus relieves stress or other internal functions that may cause depression.
- Results in an increase in serotonin levels - This hormone is very important for mood elevation and is known to rise with increased light levels and decrease with low light levels. Controlled exposure can definitely help improve serotonin levels for lessening depression symptoms.
Related Tip: Do People Really Suffer from Mood Disorders?
I am 30 yes old. I have taken gynaset tablets for periods. 3 times a day for 3 days. In how many days are my periods expected. My last dose was on Friday morning.
Hi I am sangeeta From Nepal My periods gets late day by day. I feel pain in those late days. I am in too depression by this disease. My all the performance gets lost by this stupid diseases. So please let me out from this. I am too thankful of you!
Post-pregnancy weight can be difficult to get rid of. It is a gradual process and often takes time. Experts are of the view that hormonal imbalance and a sudden increase in the diet are the major cause of the additional weight. This being said, shedding weight is possible if a consistent effort is made on a daily basis. Here is a list of hat tips to get you started:
- Walk every day: Walking 5 minutes a day does the world of good in the endeavor of shedding weight. Post the 6-week check-up after the arrival of the baby, the duration of walking can be increased. Brisk walking for half an hour can help the body to weight as much as 300 calories a day.
- Weight training- Weight training is one of the best forms of exercise to lose weight quickly. If hitting a gym is a problem, a personal trainer can be hired for working out. Certain exercises such as lifting small weights, doing lunges is a good way to start.
- Breastfeed: Breastfeeding for a time duration of 30-45 minutes (about3-4 times a day) helps to lose 600-800 calories per day. Some women even report of shedding all their extra weight just through breastfeeding. This is by far the easiest way of losing weight.
- Say no to calories- Calories, by all means, will have to be avoided. Certain fast food items such as soda, chocolate, and chips should not be consumed at all. Instead, meals rich in nutrient, fresh vegetable, fruits, whole grains etc. should be consumed on a daily basis.
- Frequent meals- 2 to 3 heavy meals a day are detrimental to a person trying to shed weight. Frequent meals, on the other hand, maintain a steady blood sugar level, reduce the tendency of over-eating and do not let fat store in the body.
- Frequent naps- Studies show that frequent naps can help a great deal of weight. It reduces the craving of eating food with high calorie. It also revitalizes the metabolism and refrains a person from long term self-deprivation. Naps will also help to gather enough energy to perform other physical activities.
- Healthy snacks- Home-made snacks containing whole wheat, low-fat milk and yogurt are good snack options for post pregnancy weight loss. These snacks block hormones that are responsible for storage of fat in the body.
- Yoga or meditation- Yoga has proved to be extremely effective for women trying to shed post-pregnancy weight. It especially helps in toning down the fat in the upper and lower abdomen which is extremely difficult to get rid of. Yoga also relaxes the mind and helps to focus more.
- Consumption of warm water- Drinking warm water after every meal serves two purposes.
- It doesn’t let the fat store inside the body.
- It helps in better digestion. It has to be ensured that the water is mildly warm and drinkable.
- Avoid stress- Nurturing a baby is exhausting enough. Stress on top of this can be disastrous. It leads to depression resulting into junk eating. It has to be ensured that stress is avoided by engaging in activities such as cooking, painting or listening to music.
Doctor, mere sath ek bhut badi prblm ho gyi h.mene 22 jan ko sex kiya tha or uske bad next day mene unwanted le li thi or fir mjhe uske bad 28 jan ko periods hue the or uske bad fir agle month mjhe periods hue the 3 march ko lekin mam uske bad mjhe periods nii hue mjhe smjh nii a rha h mai kya kru please tell me. ANd mene check bi kiya tha result negative tha. Mam mjhe ajtk kbi aisa nii hua lekin iss bar ho rha h 3 month ho gye mjhe abhi tk periods nhii hue h please tell me khin m pragnent to nii hu or agr nhii hu to periods kb tk aa jayenge mjhe. please mam tell me.
Diabetes is a lifestyle disease that can easily be managed by controlling our diet. Along with being aware of your sugar intake, your diet should help you lower blood pressure and cholesterol levels. However, this does not mean you have to resign yourself to a lifetime of tasteless food.
Here are a few diet tips that can help manage diabetes:
- Choose high fiber carbohydrates: Carbohydrates are an essential element of the daily diet but have a huge impact on blood sugar levels. Hence, it is important to pick the right carbohydrates. Your diet should have a limited amount of refined carbohydrates such as white bread, pasta, soda etc. and should be focused more on high fiber carbohydrates such as brown rice, sweet potatoes, rolled oats and bran flakes that are digested slowly. This prevents your body from producing excessive insulin.
- Be sweet smart: The key to indulge your sweet tooth and controlling diabetes is moderation. Abruptly, removing sugar from your diet can make you crave for it. Instead, gradually lower your sugar intake. If you can't miss out on the dessert at the end of a meal, reduce the amount of carbohydrates in your meal. Adding healthy fats like peanut butter, yogurt or nuts to your dessert can also slow down the digestive process and thus control blood sugar level.
- Keep a food diary: When you are diabetic, it is very important to eat at regular intervals. Eating frequent, small meals are often better than fewer large meals. Try and maintain a food diary to keep track of your calorie intake. This helps identify problem areas of where your body is getting excessive calories from. When you are aware of the calories associated with things you eat, it is easier to cut down on snacks and replace unhealthy snacks with healthier options.
- Choose fats wisely: It is impossible to completely cut out fats from your diet. While some fats such as liquid vegetable oils and commercial baked goods are unhealthy, others have important health benefits. Unsaturated fats are the healthiest and safest. Replacing your vegetable cooking oil for olive oil and biscuits with nuts are easy ways to make smart choices with your fat intake.
- Go green: Green leafy vegetables are low on carbohydrates and high on nutrients. Thus, make them an integral part of your meal. Vegetables like kale, spinach, lettuce, etc. can be eaten raw or cooked. Along with being nutritious, they also add texture and color to your meals, thus making them more visually appealing.
Related Tip: "5 Signs That You're Suffering From Diabetes?"
I have pain in my breast for 3 days. I don't understand what will I do and I have not consulted a doctor yet. please suggest me how can I get rid from this pain? Please advise.
I get married in the year 2011. But till now we have no child. We both have consulted with gynecologist Doctor and as per Doctor's recommendation my wife has tested USG and I have tested semen. And results are positive for both of us. After checking reports Dr. Suggested us to try . We are trying but till now We have not got any positive result. Please tell me what should We do?
There are many causes for infertility in male and female patients . On average 10% of the reproductive couples may be infertile.
For our therapeutic purposes, we concentrate on few very common curable factors which contribute to a large population of childlessness.
In female infertility important factors are :
Ovulation factors / hormonal factors
Tubal factors – e.g. blocked fallopian tubes / damaged tubes
Recurrent abortive factors - e.g. toxoplasma infection
Infective factors e.g. – genital TB / Mycoplasma infection / Gonococal infection.
Male Infertility Factor and Treatment
One single factor of semen and sperm quality matters.
Common causes are :
Oligospermia (number below 40 million /ml)
Oligospermaesthenia (poor motility of sperm)
We tried to cover up to formulate for male and female causes. In male, we devised formulation for improving sperm quality by raising number and their mobility. In Oligospermia with or without poor motility was our main concern.
Here Homoeopathy was the best choice because:
It has fastest response. Sperm count rises 5-6 times at least from the first month itself. So it requires short treatment of 2 to 3 months. ONLY.
It improves motility percentage wise as well as grade wise. So number of sperms having motility rises as well as grade of motility improved from I or II grades to III rd or IV th grade. This raises conception rates.
Since this male factor is the largest causative factor for infertility, our medicines helps a large number of infertility patients.
It has no hormonal preparation so no side effects. It helps to raise sperm quality for longer periods, so no rebound phenomena as it appears as in hormonal treatment.
It has no dietary restriction.
It is easy to take and cheap.
Female Infertility Treatment:
In cases of anatomical damaged tubes, homeopathy cannot help much , so operative procedures are better for it.
But for abortive factors, homeopathy is the best. Doctors at Speciality Homeoathy treated more than 1000 patients with above 95% success rate with medicine only. They had different causes like infection toxoplasma, rubella cytomegaly virus, or hormonal causes.
Here also the treatment is faster. It requires 2 months treatment to eliminate all important causes of abortions, post-treatment conception is generally safe up to 95% without any additional hormonal treatment or other measures like bed rest. Medicines are safe and have no side effects. Homeopathy has worked best in secondary infertility also with very high success rate.