Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Baggialaxmi KanagarajaYour feedback matters!
My teeth had become yellow. I am smoker what should I do? Please give me the suggestions for brushing with paste or tooth powder.
I have a big gap between my front two teeth! I haven't visited any dentist yet, but my parents say I'll have to put braces which I do not want! Please help me what can I do to reduce the gap between my front two teeth!
I am looking for a Homeopathic solution for my problem and don't know which doctor can help. I have a problem of Candida (Candidiasis) or Yeast infection in my stomach from many years. I had the habit of eating sugar and adding sugar in everything as a child and thats where it started I think. I am trying to control it by not having any wheat and having more yogurts and curds in diet. It is controlled in very miniscule though. I still have problem of Bloating, Gas, Constipation and THICK WHITE THRUSH ON tongue (which smells so bad) in the morning. Is there any doctor who has cured or has any remedy for CANDIDA in homeopathy. Coz I just found out that homeopathy can treat this disorder!
I have a problem. As mine teeth yelllow colouring their stem. I used several company pastes but it never changed. And both cheeks turns black wounds with scars through brushing. Please tell a method to how can recover this.
I use to eat pan masala earlier now since last 2 months I gav it up. I wn to knw how make teeth brighter naturally.
Hi my friend has undergone an a bsso surgery age 21 female. Which went wrong. What should she do now. Should she wait some years or take resurgery now.
How to protect my teeth from germs, how can I improve my teeth color . How can I care about my hair also.?
The primary or milk teeth begins to erupt at about 6 months of life with the complete set in place by 2.5 years of age, and the entire set is replaced by the age of 14. The benefits of some of the preventive dental measures are outlined below.
- Maternal care during pregnancy: The teeth begin to form during the second trimester of pregnancy. It is very important that the maternal diet includes sufficient amounts of calcium, potassium, and fluoride for optimal tooth mineralization. Good tooth structure has greater resistance to decay than hypomineralized teeth.
- Routine oral hygiene: For the first 6 months, though there are no teeth, after each nursing, end it with a spoonful or two of water to wash down the milk. Gradually, the gums can be just wiped with a gauze pad or soft cotton to remove any residual bacteria. The baby also gets used to this habit, and once the teeth are in, there are lesser bacteria for the decay process to begin. Once the teeth begin to erupt, the nursing habits also need to be modified to ensure the baby is not allowed to go to sleep with a bottle. This is a common practice to put the baby to sleep and should be avoided to reduce the occurrence of nursing bottle caries.
- Fluoride application: Fluoride has been shown to have significant benefits in preventing caries. Once routine dental visits begin, then the dentist will be able to tell if fluoride needs to be applied. This can happen either in the form of a gel or varnish that is applied in the dental office or as a paste that is used at home. This helps in building resistance to decay.
- Pit and fissure sealants: The tooth has a number of pits and fissures which are 8 times more vulnerable to decay than other surfaces. Deep pits are shown to harbor more bacteria and thereby greater incidence of caries. There are sealants which are thin resins that can be applied on the tooth, which can reduce bacteria accumulation and further decay.
- Space maintainers: In the event that a child has lost a tooth, either due to trauma or decay and subsequent infection, then a space maintainer should be placed within the next 3 months. This helps in maintaining the space and establishing a good bite during the transition phase and later, once the permanent teeth are in place.
- Orthodontic treatment: If there is malocclusion, then early intervention helps by reducing treatment time and getting better results as the teeth and periodontium are still very elastic and are more malleable to movement.
By doing these preventive measures early in life, the result is a child who has healthier teeth, less decay, less pain, and a happy smile all the time! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist and ask a free question.