Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. BadrinathanYour feedback matters!
Dental implants are titanium posts, which resemble the root of the tooth. These posts are embedded on the jawbone below the gums. This makes it easy to place missing bridge or teeth of the area where inserted. Implants are different from dentures and benefit the oral health as they are not fastened to other teeth like the bridges. Titanium is considered to have an affinity with bones and also when the new cells grow they attach to the post, thereby, making a strong bond.
Factors to consider for oral implants:
For consideration of implants, it is a must that one should have healthy gums and sufficient bone support. In case the bone is soft and thin, a bone graft might be required to support the implant. Also, if in the upper jaw the bone height is not much or the sinuses are near the jaw then a sinus lift might be required.
One has to undergo a surgery to get replacements through dental implants and this fact is enough to give jitters to people. The fact is that implant surgery is just a routine procedure and is very successful if done in the correct manner and by trained hands.
Reasons not to worry about implant surgery:
The procedure is planned: This surgery is a minor operation as all the details are usually plotted prior to the procedure. In a case of complex conditions, Ct imaging or x-rays are used to locate the positions for the implants. Surgical guides can also be used to generate passages and incisions for the placement of the implants.
Surgery can be done under local anesthesia: If a person has a healthy mouth then there is no problem for an implant surgery as it is much easier as compared to an extraction. When performed under local anesthesia then only the implant site and the tissues close to it are numb. Some people who suffer from anxiety can request their dentist anti-anxiety medication or a sedative to make them calmer.
Minimal post surgery discomfort: A pre-planned procedure and advanced technique lead to less tissue disruption. Also, the tissues, which are incised are stitched together with absorbable sutures. Post surgery a NSAID (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug), such as aspirin is enough to relieve discomfort. In some cases, strong pain relievers might be required.
The implant heals very quickly and success rate of dental implants is almost 90 to 97%. After some days of the bone integration, dentist fixes a permanent crown which provides the same functions as that offered by the natural tooth. A successful implant is sure to give a confident smile and functions for a long time.
I have yellow teeth. I have tried every thing but doesn't work. I wish to have brighter teeth. Please suggest a toothpaste which is good for me. Thank you.
I do brush regularly. But my teeth are getting a black scaling in the root of the teeth. What is the reason and what is the solution? Sir, tell me please.
For the last few days I have pain in my front teeth. I have been using dabur red paste daily. Please tell me the medicine to cure my teeth.
I am 27 years old. I want to know if I can put braces in my teeth. My upper front teeth need braces. Should I go for it and will it work? please answer.
Pan masala chewing I can't open my mouth how I open my mouth my voice is also changed. please tell what to do.?
MY Two wisdom teeth melt I don't know Why. Actually I had a surgery of my head in 2007 (sub Dural Haematoma) Is it because of surgery pls tell me. I have a Gingivitis problem of gums also.
The tooth may look a tiny structure, but is a very complicated one. Structurally, it has very high concentrations of minerals and vitamins, all essential for optimal dental health. Reduced or increased amounts of these substances can lead to obvious defects in the teeth, which may impair aesthetics and sometimes even the functioning of the tooth.
While calcium is one mineral that would immediately come to mind, there are a lot of other vitamins and minerals too which play a significant role both in tooth formation and in optimal dental health. Listed below are some of these, along with their role in dental health.
- Vitamin A: Often associated with vision, vitamin A is essential for production of good amount of saliva which maintains healthy mucous membranes. Reduced saliva increases predisposition to decay and gum disease and also increases bad breath.
- Vitamin D: Needless to say, with the strength of the jaw bones, a good amount of calcium is required to boost bone mineral density.
- Vitamin C: The gums have connective tissue fibers which help bind the tooth to the jaw bone. For good strength of the connective tissue, vitamin C is important. Therefore, vitamin C deficiency can lead to tooth mobility and even tooth loss in severe cases.
- Vitamin B complex: There are too many people who would have popped a multivitamin to ward off mouth sores. Niacin and riboflavin especially are essential for optimal mucosal health and reduce inflammation.
- Vitamin K: This has multiple roles to play. It helps in improving the body's healing process, blocks substances that break down bone, promotes bone strength, and reduces bleeding disorders.
- Minerals: There is a long list of minerals that are essential for optimal dental health, as below:
- Calcium: From strong enamel to jaw bone, calcium is extremely important for the tooth to be fully formed. Calcium deficiency can result in hypoplastic teeth that are more prone for chipping and decay.
- Potassium: Needed to improve bone mineral density. It also works in conjunction with magnesium and prevents from the blood turning too acidic. Acidic blood can suck out calcium from teeth and bones.
- Fluoride: Proven to be the anti-decay magic medicine, fluoride reduces the incidence of tooth decay. Fluoride gels are applied for children to promote remineralization of enamel which may have initial caries.
- Phosphorus: Provides support to calcium and potassium in bone formation.
- Iron: Required for keeping red blood cell count at a good level and fighting infections.
- Iodine: This trace mineral is required for absorption of calcium and potassium that is essential for tooth formation.
- Zinc: Naturally found in saliva, it fights against plaque formation and subsequent infections.
For optimal dental function, ensure your diet has these essential nutrients.
I have a bad breath problem. What should I do? What can be the reasons and what are the possible cures to it?
Doctor, My front upper teeth was half broken 10 years before, after that I went yo the doctor and 6 years before Dr. Removed my that teeth which as that teeth was getting black. Then Dr. Replaced that teeth with artificial teeth giving it support of two side teeth. He drilled my side teeth and then supported my artificial teeth with caps which r now fixed permanent. Now my upper three teeth and gums are getting black and also give bad smell. Its been happening me since 5-6 years back but I thought it might be because it is newly replaced but its still the same problem and everytime people asks me about my blackening of teeth. I also do not have visited any dentist since then. So what should I do please suggest. I also want to replace teeth with a new one, can it be possible?
I am 55yrs old male having a small size of tumor side in my toung. And I am a sugar pateint. As I hv consult a doctor and he advise me to start the treatmen. And after dat I consult an e. N. T. He advised me to cut off the tumor. So please suggest me what will be helpfull for me.
I am suffering from a disease. I am not able to swallow anything, even my saliva I am not able to swallow. It's paining a lot while swallowing anything.
Please don't buy or gift chocolates instead gie them nuts & Dry fruits.