Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. BadmaYour feedback matters!
I have irregular periods every months this has become a big problem in my daily life and my boy frnd is asking gor sex during my periods it is very painful .he dosent use any safety also and says to drink his semen can I do that or may I become pregnant.
How can we understand that our sperms are healthy and mature and can conceive? At what age the sperms get matured?
I'm 8 week pregnant. My USG says no definite yolk sac or fetal pole is seen. It also says I've subchoronic hemorrhage at a pole. What should be done now?
If a woman have cyst in her ovary. How can she recover from it. Nd what are the methods to remove the cyst from ovary.
My wife is not getting menses period it cross more then 1 month. We have 2 year child as well .as of now now plan for second baby. So what medications needs to take for get menses period.
Vaginitis is the inflammation of one’s vagina accompanied by pain during intercourse, mild vaginal bleeding, painful urination, vaginal itching or a considerable change in the amount, odor and color of the vaginal discharge.
1. A certain level of bacteria is normally found in one’s vagina (lactobacilli). Now if this count is outnumbered by the other bacteria (anaerobes), the balance in the vagina gets disrupted giving rise to bacterial vaginosis. Such kind of vaginitis usually stems from sexual intercourse with multiple sex partners.
2. Yeast infection occurs due to an overgrowth of fungal organisms in one’s vagina, especially Candida Albicans.
3. Trichomoniasis caused by the one celled microscopic parasite ‘Trichomonas Vaginalis’ generally spreads through sexual intercourse with an infected partner. The condition also makes one vulnerable to various sexually transmitted infections.
4. Spermicidal products, scented detergents, perfumed soaps, douches, vaginal sprays or foreign objects such as tampons that were not taken out or tissue paper might trigger allergic reactions or irritation in the vaginal tissues.
5. Surgical removal of the ovaries or reduced estrogen count after menopause might cause thinning of the vaginal lining, thereby resulting in vaginal burning, dryness or irritation.
1. For Bacterial vaginosis, your doctor might advise the application of clindamycin cream or metronidazole gel as well as metronidazole tablets which are to be taken orally.
2. Yeast infections might be treated with an anti-fungal suppository or cream, for instance, tioconazole, butoconazole, clotrimazole or miconazole. Oral medication, such as fluconazole is also administered to treat the same.
3. Metronidazole or tinidazole tablets are prescribed for Trichomoniasis.
4. Estrogen in the form of rings, tablets or vaginal creams is effective in treating low estrogen level after menopause.
5. For non-infectious vaginitis primarily caused by objects, such as tampons, sanitary napkins, laundry detergent or new soap, it is essential to pinpoint the source of the irritation and avoid them. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
I am married before 10 months. I try to make my wife pregnant but every time it fails. What should I do. I try this since last 6 months.
I am 28 yrs female after pregnancy before 2 years I have irregular mensulation due to disterbance of harmones what should I can do for maintaining harmones please suggest
Hello Doctor, Actually mujhe periods problem ke bre me puchna h, I had sex and after 12 days my period come but this time bleeding was very least means only 1 pad like. I feel heavy every time. Infact mene Tuesday ko ek baba ramdev ka churn khaya tha. Haritki tab se muje jo kuch khati hu wo stool me nikal jata h pani bunkr. Loose motion type. Don't know kya ho rha h mere sath. Mera pet saf hone me problem hoti h so. Mene wo churn khaya tha but uska effect ab tak hoga ye mujhe nhi pta tha and aur ye sab sex ki vajah se ho rha h doctor please tell.
I'm three months conceive now. The whole day I'm tired and dizziness is always there. This is my second baby. For my first baby I was not tired this much. Is it normal? Help me out.
Deat sir/Mam My period started bon 30/6/16 & I want to become pregnant so pls advise when to have sex and when to not have/stop sex? And when can I know that I am pregnant? Also advise if any change to be done in lifestyle and shall I avoid any foods? Should I lie-down after sex? Pls guide exactly/fully.
Males and females are afflicted by several types of impotency and dysfunctions which can negatively impact their relationship with their partners.
Erectile dysfunction, orgasm/ejaculation disorders or low libido are some examples of male impotency.
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED): Medical conditions such as diabetes or high blood pressure, or anxiety about having sex can lead to ED. Other contributing factors to ED are depression, fatigue and stress.
- Ejaculation Problems: These include ejaculation that occurs early during coitus and the inability to ejaculate at all. Some of the causes for this can be history of sexual trauma, strict religious beliefs, antidepressants and anxiety about sex.
- Low Libido: Decreased hormone levels, illness, and medication side effects, and psychological issues like stress, depression and anxiety about having sex can lead to decreased or no sexual desire.
Loss of interest (low libido) in sex, difficulty in reaching orgasm, vaginal dryness and tightness causing pain during sex are some of the sexual problems that affect females.
- Low Libido: Lower levels of the oestrogen hormone can cause absence of sexual desire. Certain medications like antidepressants, fatigue, depression and anxiety can also lead to low libido.
- Difficulty achieving orgasms: Not being able to achieve orgasms or delayed orgasms can affect both men and women. Again, certain medications like antidepressants can cause orgasm disorders.
- Vaginal dryness: Sex can get painful if the vagina is not properly lubricated which in turn effects libido, arousal and desire. Hormonal changes during menopause and breastfeeding as well as psychological issues like anxiety about sex can cause vaginal dryness.
- Pain during sex: Vaginal dryness or endometriosis causes pain during sex.
Pregnancy me kya food khana chye. Aur sex kis month se kr sakte hai aur sex karne se koi problems to nahi hogi.
It is regards to my wife she has pcos and did not have periods till know it is almost 1 month can I get some suggestion which tablets can my wife take to have periods or injections.
Dear Doctors, Last month I had unprotected sex with my bf and I took postpone72 tablet also, after 1 week I had my period as normal and after this I never involved in intercourse. But this month, My period should come on 24 march, till now it is not happening as I expected date. And I am following a healthy diet also Now I am not ready for pregnant, Kindly suggest, is this tablet effect or?
Every day we use our hands the most to get everything done. From drinking water to typing on the keyboard (and today on mobile phones); from holding the newspaper still when reading it to taking down academic notes- we use our hands for everything. But our hands like all other parts of the body have the capacity to carry out their functions. At times, we unknowingly put a lot of strain on our hands and they start to pain. Hand pains are quite common in everyone and it is equally common to practice certain exercises to control them quickly.
If you experience frequent pains in the hands, these are some of the exercises you can resort to.
Fist: You do not always make a fist while punching people. Sometimes you make a fist to tighten your hand muscles and nerves and smoothen the blood flow in your hands. This helps in reducing the pain in your hands to a great extent. In fact, folding your hand to a fist can also help in preventing hand pain.
Finger Bends: Bend each finger tightly towards your palm for at least a minute and then release it. Do it separately for each of the five fingers on your hand. This would ease out the tension in each of the fingers and normalize blood flow. This helps in curing any finger pain that you might be experiencing. It is especially a great exercise to prevent pain from developing in your thumb and index finger.
Thumbs Up: Usually, we show the thumbs up sign to signal all is well and best wishes to people. But it is also an exercise if continued for some time. All you have to do is place your palm on a table and curl all your fingers except the thumb inwards. Stretch the thumb outwards and hold it in this position counting up to ten. Then curl your thumb towards the palm. This exercise too helps in stretching the muscles.
Wrist: An important part of the hand is the wrist. The wrist joints are a very crucial set of bones and they tend to get injured very fast. They are also delicate enough to be sprained if the hand is turned abruptly. To avoid such injuries, strengthen the wrist and reduce wrist pain, a lot of wrist exercises are also prescribed. The simplest one is to extend your hand and move the wrist in anti-clockwise and clockwise directions.
Thus, these are some of the ways in which you can ease the pain in your hand in no time and go about normally with your daily chores. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
My name is Dr Tarun Jhamb and I’m an MD Medince. I am practising for last fifteen years. I am connected to Lybrate. I’m also practising at Columbia Asia Hospital and we will discuss the health topic one of which is Dengue Fever. We know for the next three months, there is a possibility of Dengue Fever in the rainy season. Dengue is a mosquito borne viral fever and it just spreads from the bite of the mosquito and spreads person to person. Most of the times it is self-treatable and it’s a preventable disease but there are a few cases which have gone into complications which are known as Dengue Shock Syndrome or Dengue haemorrhaging Fever.
Common symptoms of the Dengue Fever is the high-grade fever, 104- 105 temperature with body ache, joint pain, muscle pain, rashes all over the body, and severe weakness. A person becomes very dilapidated within one or two days and feels very uncomfortable and he becomes sick. It is a treatable disease. Lots of liquids and electrolytes are required.
What are the dos and don’ts for this disease?
Do is, we have to take care of not getting stagnant water in coolers or in and around the home. We should take care of using the mosquito repellent, material or the jellies. We can use the net to avoid the mosquito bite. We should intake a lot of water and electrolyte supplements. We should take bed rest for few days. We need to see the doctor as soon as we see the symptoms of dengue fever.
Things we don’t have to do, do not use disprin or the voveran tablet during the fever because these are the blood thinners. Do not avoid or delay the treatment. As we see the symptoms like bleeding from anywhere on the sight and black stool, continuous vomiting and severe weakness and continuous fever which leads to fainting.
These are the serious symptoms which should be immediately taken care of and we should seek the help of the doctor. It is a preventable disease. We should take care of the blood testing where we find the dengue test at initial four to five days, likely to be positive and antibody test after four to five days, is likely to be positive. Platelets are falling after four to five days and remain for the next three to four days and then it automatically starts. Some people require hospitalization as well as the platelet transfusion. The upper limit of the platelet is up to ten to fifteen thousand where we can prevent or avoid the platelet transfusion. But if it is going down lower or there is any sign of bleeding up to forty thousand then we have to give the platelet transfusion request.
If you need any of my help, I am available at Lybrate. My home clinic is Naman Medicare at Gurgaon, Sector IV.