Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. BadmaYour feedback matters!
I am 24 years male. I did sex with my gf before 1.5/2 month. She is pregnant now. We want abortion by medicine abortion. please suggest any way what to do or what should we do now.
A woman having age 62 years avoiding sex with her partner saying that it is not healthy to have sex at this age. Feels pain during intercourse. I wish to get correct advice from your end please.
I am consulting a doctor for getting pregnant, he prescribed me to take diane 35 from d 5th day of my period. Is this medicine appropriate? as I read that it is a contraceptive pill.
Hello am 34 years from I suffering my low sex drive m marrid last 10years I hve one son n not hve also any kind tension also what I do my hubby is not satisfy with me because my low sex drive please help me.
Smoking can cause irreparable damage to your mind and body. Chemicals in the tobacco travel to all parts of the body, leaving no area unaffected. According to available data, smoking causes 30% of all cancer deaths and about 80% deaths from emphysema and bronchitis. In addition to adversely affecting yourself, smoking also has a severe impact on your near and dear ones. According to WHO, about 600,000 people die every year from passive smoking. Out of the deaths that occur due to this, 1/3rd is that of children.
The Indian situation
While 85% of tobacco users worldwide consume it in the form of cigarettes, in India only 13% use it in that form. Additionally, 54% use it in the form of beedis. A study conducted on Indian smokers has revealed that an average of 8.2 cigarettes is smoked by an individual daily.
The study also revealed that the number of cigarettes smoked every year had grown to over 6 trillion. While 1 out of 10 adults dies from tobacco use worldwide, 5% of deaths in women and 20% of deaths in men in India are caused by cigarette and beedi smoking.
What happens when you smoke?
Cigarette smoke is made up of 4000 chemicals that are present either as tiny particles or gases and about 50 are known to lead to cancer, the toxin nicotine being one of them. In addition to nicotine, the chemicals that make up cigarette smoke also include tar and carbon monoxide. Prolonged exposure to these toxins can hamper your body's ability to filter air and clean the lungs. The smoke not only irritates the lungs but also causes excess production of mucus.
It also causes a paralysis of the tiny hair-like structures like cilia that line the airways and are responsible for removing dust and dirt from the organ. Paralysis of these hair-like structures also causes a buildup of mucus and toxic substances, leading to lung congestion. The extra mucus that is produced causes smokers to suffer from the very ubiquitous smoker's cough and chronic bronchitis.
It's also one of the many triggers of asthma, which brings about the narrowing and inflammation of the airways. Long-term exposure to tobacco smoke causes the destruction of the structure of the lung, walls of the airways as well as lung tissue. The result is a condition known as emphysema. Additionally, smoking also leads to cancer of the lung and over 80% lung cancer cases occur due to this habit.
It includes vitamins, trace enzymes, amino acids, and minerals like calcium, iron, sodium chlorine, magnesium, phosphate, and potassium. Doctors advise taking Honey.
Some benefits of Honey
Because of its bend toward the acidic PH level (3.2 to 4.5), it helps reduce bacteria growth and the antioxidant properties help it wipe out some free radicals.
Because of its high carbohydrate load, honey is a wonderful source of unprocessed sugar energy.
Honey also helps the brain absorb calcium, which helps with memory as well.
The World Health Organization (WHO) gives credence to honey as a demulcent, which helps alleviate a cough due to the honey acting as a protective film over the throat.
Its related to my gf. Her dates are changing continuous. Earlier it came during last week of the month. But since two months its coming 2 week earlier. And at this month it came in the very first week. What could b the reason? Is anything serious?
Yesterday night I had a sex but not fully inserted in vagina rubbed outer during enjuclation took it I left my sperm outside is she get any chance to get pregnant.
My periods date are late. Now 42 days. Today I checked UTP its positive. Doctor said its weakly positive. why its weekly positive. What should I do now?
I missed my periods dates nd I checked with prega news also for pregnancy test but it seems negative please let me knw what shld I do? Any test or medication.
Hello doctor, my age is 23 year and its 1 and half year of my marriage. I am having irregular periods. Sometimes it comes on exact 30 days and sometimes it takes up to 45 days. Before 2 month I went to my gynecologist and and she did my all the testing and told me that my both ovaries has more then 20 follicle but there is no dominating follicle. She suggest me pregnacare conception tab daily once in a day and metmorphin once in a day 500 mg. And duphaston from day 18 to 27 twice in a day. I was getting my periods from last two month on exact 35th day of my periods. This month doctor told me to take duphaston from day 20 to 27 and today is 40th day of my cycle and my periods are missing. I did home pregnancy test and blood pregnancy test also but both are negative. I am not understanding whats going on. Can you tell me the problem of not getting periods.
My girl frend having mc problem always coming late 6_10 days why can you give suggestion for that why it's happen and any problem will create in the future like conceive baby I am afraid please deploy me.
You means newly married couples who don't want baby in first 3yr. What precautions mostly couple follow condoms or I-pills. As there are no other way to prevent 100% pregnancy. How much it is possible to prevent pregnancy by ejaculate out side vagina while having sex.
Me & my wife had a sex 20 days back and now my wife is pregnant and we do not want to have a child right now because we already have . What we have to do for it?
Can we use radiations like xray and gamma rays to destroy herpes virus lying dormant in the nerves? Is it possible to cure herpes with co2 and yad lasers? What are the recent advances made in the cure for herpes? Rational vaccines is making a vaccine for genital herpes can we bring it to india?
After first time sex h getting a lot of bleeding and pain continually. 5 days has gone but no relief in pain and bleeding please help me sir.
Our endocrine glands work overtime to keep us healthy by secreting hormones which reach each and every cell in our body through the blood. These hormones evoke life changing responses in other cells to keep us alive and healthy. Endocrine surgery is a term for an operation in any one or more endocrine glands in your body.
Types of endocrine glands
- Thyroid gland: This is the most important endocrine gland in your body and it secretes thyroid hormone, which regulates metabolism.
- Parathyroid glands: There are 4 parathyroid glands and these are located behind the thyroid gland in the neck region. These glands secrete the parathyroid hormone which controls calcium levels in the body.
- Adrenal glands: These are located over the kidney. There are 2 adrenal glands and these secrete adrenaline, aldosterone and cortisol- the body’s fight or flight hormone. These also maintain salt levels in the blood and the blood pressure.
- Neuroendocrine glands of the pancreas: These are located in the pancreas behind the stomach. They work to control glucose levels and glucose metabolism.
- Pituitary gland is the master gland of the body: It secretes thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH), follicle stimulating hormone (FSH), and other important hormones that control ovaries, thyroid and other endocrine glands in your body.
Depending on the endocrine gland being operated upon, there are different types of endocrine surgeries. The most important ones are-
- Hypophysectomy: This is the surgical removal of the pituitary gland. It is a very sophisticated and critical surgery that surgeons resort to, if there is a tumor in the pituitary gland - especially craniopharyngioma tumors. It can cause atrophy of thyroid, adrenal glands and the ovaries as the pituitary secretes hormones to control their function. In addition, it can result in sterility and sometimes results in a non-functional reproductive tract in both men and women.
- Thyroidectomy: It is an operation that involves removal of the entire or parts of the thyroid gland in the neck. Trained ENT or endocrine surgeons perform this operation, which is indicated for thyroid cancer or hyperthyroidism, goiter or Graves disease. Sometimes it is done for treating an enlarged thyroid gland or obstructions in the neck region, causing problems in swallowing or breathing. In cases of total thyroidectomy patients will need life long thyroid hormone supplementation. Sometime patient can have change in voice which is usually temporary.
- Since the thyroid produces several hormones like thyroxine (T4), triiodothyronine (T3), and calcitonin, you will have to take oral synthetic hormones all your life post surgery. The thyroid is usually removed through an incision in the neck. These days there is the option of minimally invasive surgeries too.
- Adrenalectomy: It is the removal of one or both adrenal glands to treat tumors of the adrenal glands. It is done using an open incision or laprascopic technique.
- Pinealectomy: It is a surgical procedure in which the pineal gland is removed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Surgeon.