Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Speech Therapists in India. You will find Speech Therapists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Speech Therapists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Speech Therapy Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Hearing Disorders
Treatment of Speech Impairment
Therapy Oral Language
Language Therapy Treatment
Language Stimulation Treatment
Treatment of Learning Dysfunction Disorders
Language Presa Treatment
Oral Motricity Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. B.SubramaniyanYour feedback matters!
I have ear blockage a constant beep sound ringing (no pain) this happened when I woke up from my bed 2 days ago in AC Room. I checked my doctor he prescribed nasal drops and Supradyn for 6 days. And said 1 exercise to follow after taking 5 drops of nasal drops in the nose (closing nose holes and blow air so this will open up the ear block - for 10 times) for morning and night. Compared to the 1st day I feel okay with the ear block but the constant beep noise is still there like the beginning. My Questions are: 1. Am I following the correct treatment/medicine for this? 2. When does this beep sound goes off? 3. If anything else, kindly explain me in detail. Like. (*what should I do? *what test should I take?)
I am 42 year old female, hereditary of dementia in my family. Now a days feeling low and get confused in words while saying. And get wrong pronunciation while speaking also. My reflexes are getting slow. I want to be fast but somehow I let the things go. I am not feeling enthusiastic now a days. I agree that in family there are some issues which are effecting my mental. Kindly help me how to deal with it. I am trying to escape from whatever difficulties are coming my ways.
I have Speech Disorder according to doctor, he suggest me to take speech therapy. But, my throat so pain to speak loud. So, I need alternative on it. So, Please suggest me what can I do you better and quick permanent treatment of my voice?
I notices sudden change in my voice sound. My voice is like hoarse and vibrates when I speaks. When I clear my throat I found mucus coming out often. When I speaks people barely understand me. Am I suffering from any disease. If so what can I do to treat it, if it's curable. I really need to get rid of it. Because it effects my day to day activities since I experience it.
Doctor I have some communication problem due to uncontrollable saliva generated in my mouth. So others can't hear my words clearly. And I can't speak some words also. How can control saliva?
I am not able to pronounce certain words properly especially words that include d, t, z. My age is 22 what will be the solution of this. Thank you.
I m 43 year old I m having speech problem. While talking, slightly stammer n stop in between talking n talking also very fast, also can not able to talk in public meeting due to fear of asham, is it possible to cure this problem now.
I am a 24 year old male. I am having problems speaking properly mainly due to breathlessness. I also get sudden panic attacks when others call my name in meetings etc causing me to stutter in my speech. Sometimes I just cannot start with the word I want to start with, and I instead have to insert two words before starting the sentence, like "Um" "Basically" "So. Etc. I think I have some sort of anxiety disorder. Its gradually becoming worse, due to which I'm avoiding many things I normally enjoy like team outings, group events etc, simply because I can't talk properly. Is there any over the counter medication to relieve this anxiety/panic attack problem?
Language disorder is commonly known as language impairment, it is a common childhood disorder, which makes it difficult for kids to understand what the people around them are saying to them and to face difficulty in following simple directions, it also includes difficulty in expressing the thoughts and feeling through speech.
Language disorder can be classified as:
- Receptive language disorder: This disorder makes it difficult to understand what the other person is saying to the one suffering from it.
- Expressive language disorder: Kids suffering from it are not able to express themselves and their thoughts.
- Mixed receptive expressive disorder: These kids have combined symptoms of receptive language disorder and expressive language disorder, making it difficult to understand and to make someone else understand.
Symptoms of language disorder:
- Difficulty in understanding: The ones suffering from language disorder, finds it difficult to understand what the people around them are saying.
- Limited vocabulary: It is one of the prominent symptoms, in which the vocabulary of the kids is very limited as compared to other kids of that age.
- Trouble learning new things: Learning new things is a difficult task for the kid suffering from language disorder
- Repeat usage of certain phrases: Kids tend to use the same phrase again and again, which is one of the basic symptoms.
- Frustration: As the kid is either not able to understand or to make other understand or both, kids with this disorder tend to remain more frustrated in comparison to other kids, as they are unable to do things.
- Sentences which do not make sense: Making incomplete or senseless sentences is a key indicator of language disorder.
What you should do?
- Speech therapist: The treatment may include speech therapy, in which the speech therapist will work towards building the vocabulary and improving the grammar of the kids suffering, making the kids more confident and feel good about themselves.
- Psychotherapy: If the kid is also suffering from emotional issues because of the language disorder, then one should also undergo Psychotherapy, as it not only improves the morale of the patient, but also provides the guidance on how to keep improving further from the language disorder.
- Positive Atmosphere: The kids suffering from such a disorder should be made comfortable enough to enjoy their being, giving plenty of time to your young ones is the best way to cure such disorder, so one should always communicate well with his kids and make them learn new things, sing to them, listen to various sounds, show different pictures, colours, shapes to make them learn.
- Parental Support: The parents should also understand the issue well, be patient, and should support the kid to work out on the disorder. Parents should also interact with other parents, who have been there, to learn more about the language disorders and how their kids overcome the disorder.
As language disorder is one of common issue in kids, this can be managed and cured well to improve after all the required knowledge and best practices to follow. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.