Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. B Sathya Priya
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. B Sathya PriyaYour feedback matters!
Post pregnancy, you may experience pain due to multiple reasons. However, such pain might subside within a few weeks, but still it is advisable that one should be prepared prepared for all kinds of discomfort post pregnancy, such as the pain you endure while breastfeeding or the epidural pain. If you have undergone surgery, then there may be pain due to surgical incisions as well. One should keep herself hydrated all throughout and be patient while trying to deal with such post pregnancy pain.
Managing pain depends on the type of pain you are experiencing. Below is a summarized account of the different types of pain one might go through and how to come out of it.
- Incisions: In case the delivery occurs by the caesarian procedure, you might have to endure pain from the incisions. The pain generally lasts till all the incisions heal, so you will require pain medications to get relief from the pain.
- Uterine contractions: The uterus needs to return to its normal size after the delivery. The pain from these contractions tends to increase with subsequent pregnancies. Like incisions, pain medications will be administered to help you get relief from the pa
- Vaginal dryness: A woman’s vagina tends to be dry while she is breastfeeding. This can cause pain if you want to indulge in sexual intercourse. In this regard, lubricants (preferably water based) are a good way to treat vaginal dryness.
- Engorgement of the breast: When a woman starts lactating, her breasts tend to become fuller and thus, cause minor but persisting pain. A breast pump (used to extract milk from a woman’s breasts), in this case, can relieve you of such pain.
- Back pain: Pregnancy related stress and strain can often lead to back pain. This back pain usually stems from holding the baby and breastfeeding it. If it so happens, you can consider changing your posture while breastfeeding and taking warm baths twice a day to get rid of the backaches.
- Joint pain: There may be pain in your joints such as the one in your wrists, hands and feet. This usually occurs due to all the chemical changes that your body undergoes during pregnancy. Pain medications and stretches can help ease this sort of a pain.
- Pain in the legs: Post pregnancy leg pain is caused because of all the fluids that are administered intravenously. Once the content of fluids in the body reduces, the pain tends to subside. However, any sign or symptom of blood clots or visible redness in the legs might warrant medical attention at the earliest.
- Headaches: This is the most common type of pain that can result from a pregnancy. Headaches are caused due to hormonal imbalances, insomnia and stress that you may experience. It is advisable to not take any pain medication in this regard as painkillers can interfere with your bodily hormones even more, given that headaches are usually not something to worry about. Drink plenty of water and try to get ample rest; this should take care of the pain automatically.
My wife is 20 years old. She has a lot of white discharge and itching on skin near her vaginal opening especially during sex. I use condoms while having sex. Please help. Me with this.
She has recently got married almost 1month back on 8 march 2016. She had intercourse on marriage night & next day she got her menses. Flow was normal as regular for 5days. No other complaints. Now this month date was 9th again. &she didn't have menses yet. In between she had lot of cramps at 6th of this month but menses didn't come. She is fearing if she is pregnant. please help.
I and my partner are above 60 years of age. My partner not allows me to discharge in the vagina due to risk of pregnancy. Due to this I do not get full satisfaction in the game. I would like to know whether is there any risk at this age. Thanks.
Sir my bf said that my vagina hole too short it is 2 inch, whether it can increase in future or how can I increase, he said that it will be increase on masturbation whether it is correct or not, and sometimes he is doing sex on my ass hole whether it is natural or not.
I am pregnant of 8 months and 6 days what care should I take. What are symptoms if baby is ready to come.
The Dangers of Herbs for Male Enhancement
Many men will do anything to have a handsome penis, and kudos to them for keeping up with the excellent penis care that can make it possible! But for some, the worries that their penis just isn't up to par (even if it is just fine indeed) can lead them to look for a type of penis care that is risky, dangerous and certainly not recommended. Herbs for male enhancement is a niche market for those who seek a more handsome penis and aren't afraid to risk their health to get it.
The truth is that male enhancement herbs, often delivered in the form of pills, are a terrible gamble. They offer no proven benefit but a host of unsavory side effects, some of which can even be deadly for those with underlying medical conditions.
So what can a man expect from male enhancement herbs and pills?
1) Added ingredients. While some herbs might be entirely safe for male enhancement, they way they are packaged is not. Most herbs are not "straight up" in pill form, but rather, mixed with other herbs or solidifying ingredients, and that's where the problem begins. These added ingredients can be almost anything, especially if the pills come from somewhere outside the United States and are subject to little or no regulation.
2) Illegal chemicals. Speaking of no regulation, it's entirely possible that chemicals recognized in the United States as causing cancer or serious other problems can make their way into the herb-based pills. For instance, benzyl piperazine, also known as BZP, is a recreational drug similar to amphetamines, and it's often found in male enhancement pills as a way to "boost" the libido.
3) Interactions with medications. Some of these herbal pills can react dangerously with medications, whether prescription or over the counter. For instance, goat weed is an herbal stimulant said to work in similar fashion to the common "little blue pill." However, it is also an herb that stimulates the heart and blood vessels, which could turn out to be problematic or even fatal for someone who is on certain medications, such as those for blood pressure.
4) Issues with underlying conditions. A man who has any underlying medical conditions, especially one that has not yet been diagnosed, is putting himself at risk with every male enhancement step he takes. This is because there is no way to know how the drug will work in the body, and with the body already somewhat compromised by the underlying medical condition, almost anything could happen.
5) Bothersome symptoms. For some men, the side effects might not be serious at first, but they can build up over time to something that makes a man miserable. Common problems with taking these pills can include headaches, digestive problems, nasal congestion, heart palpitations, joint and muscle pain, skin rashes and much more. In some severe cases, a man might turn out to have an allergy to one of the ingredients, and thus have even more serious side effects, such as trouble breathing.
If a man is truly unhappy with his penis - no matter how much of a handsome penis it is - and wants to look into enhancements, he can do so the responsible way, by speaking to his doctor about the options out there. This is a "better safe than sorry" scenario that will help a guy hold onto his overall health, rather than risk it on something not fully tested.
In addition, a guy can pay close attention to penis skin care, which is the number one way to get the handsome penis he craves. He can help things along with a reliable penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin). The best crèmes will contain the tried-and-true beneficial vitamins, such as vitamins A, D and C, as well as numerous amino acids (the building blocks of protein) and antioxidants, all of which are great for overall skin health. Wrapped up in a luxurious Shea butter base for more supple skin, a man can't go wrong with this kind of safe, approved crème.