Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. B.S. SanjayYour feedback matters!
Each tiny action we commit involves the risk of a condition, disease or disorder. For instance, sneezing a bit too hard can rupture an eye vessel, or having your face right up against the wind in a moving bus can expose you to germs. Diabetes is as prevalent as common cold in every household and there is no end to the list of causes that can make you suffer from it. While regular check-ups, medications, insulin shots can help you cope, there are certain measures that if followed, can enable you to avoid the risk of secondary yet fatal diseases. Diabetic nephropathy is one such condition.
When Kidney is affected to the extent that it cannot perform its functions(like excretion of wastes in urine, filtering blood from waste, maintaining electrolyte balance,etc.) properly, it is called as Nephropathy. The reason behind kidney damage could be many, but if diabetes is the prime cause, it is known as diabetic nephropathy in medical terms.
A few features of this disorder are as follows:
- The kidneys comprise of several small blood vessels, which perform the function of sifting waste from your blood. Diabetes at an advanced stage can impede smooth functioning of these vessels. As a result, the kidneys malfunction or a person faces kidney failure.
- Nephropathy brings along some other health issues as well. A person's blood pressure may increase as a result, thus making him or her prone to heart attacks and strokes. Sharp rise in cholesterol and triglyceride levels has also been noticed.
- A doctor will check for the presence of a protein called albumin in the patient's urine to know if you suffer from nephropathy or not. Other tests to determine the functioning of kidneys are - S.Creatinine, eGFR, Albumin/Creatinine Ratio (ACR), 24 Hour Urine Protein, Renal Function Tests, etc. A diabetic person should therefore go in for yearly tests.
In a given situation such as this, dialysis or kidney transplant comes to your aid. Both are done when kidney functions are irreversibly damaged. Dialysis can be of two kinds; Hemodialysis or Peritoneal dialysis. Dialysis (also called as Renal Replacement Therapy) remedies kidney damage and kidney failure by using a machine to extract salts, wastes and other fluids in excess from the blood to let your blood have a healthy composition. Dialysis should only be done under the supervision of an experienced nephrologist for best results.
I am based in pune (india) normally but I got transferred to singapore for work purpose past 4 weeks. But from past 2 weeks I am feeling very itchy all over the body. I am diabetic and taking regular pills and my BSL is also normal. Could you please help me with any advice or treatments as these is really unbearable at night times.
I am 41 years old male. Recently I have been diagnosed with diabetes. Further also taking high bp medicine since several years. I have noticed that my hair has started falling. Is there any connection with diabetes. What should I do now?
I am 46 years old lady with diabetes type 2 and on treatment for the same. For the last one month I am getting periods once in 10 days. Please advise.
The thyroid gland is a tiny gland that produces the hormones which affect the body's metabolic process. When these hormones are produced in less or more quantities, it may result in an imbalance of the thyroid gland, leading to a range of thyroid issues including hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism and others. Overproduction or underproduction of the thyroid hormones can also cause a variety of other symptoms and conditions. While this affects the state of one's general well being, health and weight, it also has an effect on the patient's libido.
Let us learn more about the link between thyroid and sex:
- Thyroid in Men: Men who are suffering from hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism as well as related conditions like goitre or Garves Disease, have complained of sex related problems. These problems are known to affect at least 50% to 60% of the patients, as per various medical reports. The sex related issues include premature ejaculation, low sex drive, delayed ejaculation, erectile dysfunction, and others.
- Thyroid in Women: It has been found that almost 10% of women over the age of 50 suffer from some form or the other of thyroid hormone imbalance. Apart from fatigue, depression and muscle ache as well as weight alteration, depending on the type of thyroid problem, thyroid patients who are women have also experienced problems when it comes to libido. Sexual dysfunction and arousal problems are high on the list of these issues.
- Hormonal Treatment: One of the most common ways of treating this sex related thyroid problems for thyroid patients is through the use of hormonal therapy. Besides getting the testosterone, estrogen and other androgen levels checked, the patient must also get a full hormonal evaluation along with a check-up of the adrenal function. This can help in pointing any anomalies and the hormones that will require replacement with the help of appropriate medication.
- Optimal Drug Treatment: A T4 only drug or Levothyroxine can lead to a resolution of sexual problems that one encounters as a part of thyroid problems. There are many doctors who may switch to a T3 drug once the libido is restored and brought back to normal.
- Supplements: Men may require testosterone supplements, while women may need estrogen or progesterone supplements to tackle the sexual problems in such cases. These can be rendered as a patch or through an injection.
- Sex Therapy: In many cases, sex therapy considered as a popular and effective form of addressing the problems and helping the patients get around the same. This is especially helpful if depression is one of the symptoms of the thyroid disorder.
A thorough physical check-up also helps in treating such problems for thyroid patients. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
My father was suffering from diabetes over a long period please say which food is to prefer and what are the natural foods that should eat and primitives to get control of diabetes?
I am suffering from thyroid and pcod and taking 50 mcg thyronorm now my tsh is under control that is 2. But I feel very tired all the time sum time I face pain in my back if I keep standing for long time for work. How to feel energetic and active.
Doctor detected diabetes 3-4 days ago dn started medicines. Tody blood sugar went very down to 66. So what should be done now. Is it really diabetes or pre diabetic stage.
My blood sugar fasting is 133 mg/dl PP is 287 mg/dl old suggest what to do for diabetes medicine what I have to take also suggest diet forme. My BP is 150/90 mm Hg.
Hello Dr. I am 36 years old and 115 kg weight. In recent medical tests my triglycerides is high and also my TSH is 15.5 and T3, T4 is normal. B.p- 140/90, vitamin D deficiency, fbs-105, ppbs-141, HDL- 43, LDL-144, S cholesterol - 204. I have started doing exercise. But diet also important. So, please help in the proper diet and I am fond of non veg and what all precautions shall I take.
ये औषधियां शुगर के लिए दी जाने वाली अग्रेजी दवाओं के हानिकारक प्रभाव (side effects) को कम करतीं हैं,शुगर के कारण होने वाली शारीरिक क्षति से सुरक्षा करतीं है । एवं शरीर में शुगर की मात्रा को नियंत्रित रखने में मदद करतीं हैं।
Get effective ayurvedic "anti diabetic preparation" contact on lybrate