Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. B.S. SanjayYour feedback matters!
My mother is having Hypothyroidism for about 12 years. She is taking Thyronorm 75mcg. Does taking this medicine cause any problems in future?
Recently my dad was diagnosed with diabetes with glucose level 262 mg/ dl. What are possible remedies.
My husband is 53 years and 4 months before diagnosed sarcoidosis. He never drinks and smokes. His sugar level is in border line. He has no health issues earlier. Kindly suggest diet for him.
What are the restrictions to be followed for a diabetes person. My sugar fasting level is 104. What are the ayurvedic medicine which are suitable for me.
How to solve a problem of a person who is having sugar disease. and heart problem. What are the best medicine.
Hello doctors I am pranav sir I am very worried about my brother illness sir he is diabetic patient and very critical diabetes that he has, if he r affect any illness like fever, infection any kind of that may lead KEYTONES in urine and starting vomiting continue for 5 or 6 day during that period they can't take any food if he take start the vomiting this start in 2016 this kind of illness till today he is admitted in hospital every after 2 months he face this problem. So there is any permanent solution to control KEYTONES? He take medication for diabetes everyday and diabetes are under control please doctors help me I shall very grateful to u. Please help. Pranav.
I have hypothyroidism. Last 3 I have the medicine. Recent testing shows that never Change the rate. What should l do?
My wife has been suffering from diabetes for 9 years. She is 30 years old. Her height & weight is 150cm, 62kg respectively. Her blood sugar level 250 Fas.&300p. P. She is taking medicine glycomate 1gm &galvus 50 Please take proper.
I am a borderline diabetic at 116/156. I am told banana is to be avoided. Want to know if all bananas are to be avoided or one can choose from Nendiran, Poovan, Chhevall, Matti (hill banana - very short just 2" long, Rasthali or any other. Can I take Banana Chips instead to get daily potassium?
- It is usually found that the occurance of dental caries and gum diseases are more common in diabetic patients.
- Studies shows that untreated dental problems mixed with diabetes can cause damage body organs.
Diabetic dental care:
- Brush twice daily, if possible brush after each meal.
- Do dental checkups every 6 months.
- Do not let calculus, tartar deposit on your tooth, if needed get it cleaned immediately.
- Use teeth and gum care medicine as prescribed by doctor.
Before undergoing any dental treatment procedures, inform the doctor if you are diabetic.
Infertility has emerged as a common problem as a result of the modern day lifestyle. Extremely hectic schedules, stress, burnout, depression and unhealthy diets can contribute to fertility issues. As per a study published by Pharmion, around 30 million Indian couples were estimated to suffering from lifetime infertility, in 2015. Also, the Total Fertility Rate (TFR) fell to 2.3% in 2013 against 3.9% in 1990.
Couples often seek help with methods such as artificial insemination and in vitro fertilization (IVF), but the problem can be solved in natural ways too. Sometimes, the root cause of infertility is simply irregular functioning or blockages in the body systems. The basic principle of Ayurveda is to get the body functioning to its optimum capacity and this is often all that is needed to treat diseases.
Here are a few ways in which Ayurvedic medicine can help treat infertility:
- Phal Ghrit: The medicine is made by combining a number of herbs and it is taken with warm milk. It has been developed especially to treat infertility by controlling the level of hormones secreted in the body. It cannot remedy structural problems, but it can effectively treat functional disorders in the reproductive system.
- Shatavari (Asparagus): This plant is used to treat female infertility by regulating the cycles of menstruation and ovulation.
- Triphala Churna: A combination of three different fruits - baheda, amla and haritaki, this medicine helps to cleanse the body of toxins, strengthens the immune system and clears blockages in the fallopian tubes.
- Ashwagandha Churna (Indian ginseng): The medicine is used to treat male infertility by naturally increasing the production of sperm in the system.
There are also a few Ayurvedic therapies which can help to cure infertility:
- Vamanam: In this treatment procedure, medicated oil is swallowed to induce vomiting, which expels all the contaminating elements in the body. This process can be done regularly depending upon the overall health of the patient and also helps to combat digestive and psychological conditions.
- Swedanam: This therapy is usually done before other Ayurvedic therapies to prepare the body systems. For patients of infertility, the patient is made to sweat excessively. This also flushes most nitrous compounds out of the body.
- Dhatu Nirman Karma: The cells of the body are made to metabolize, absorb and assimilate nutrients leading to the formation of healthy cells and destruction of the unhealthy ones. This is turn rejuvenates the organs. Usually, this is helpful for female infertility.
- Virechana: This procedure involves several days of internal oleation by taking either pure ghee or a specially prepared medicated ghee followed by a gentle herbal purgative. Purgation acts on aggravated and accumulated pitta and kapha doshas. It decreases the heat (ushna guna) of pitta and increases coolness (sheeta guna) required for formation of shukra dhatu (ovum and sperm). Impaired agni due to disturbed pitta is also rectified by the virechana procedure. A strong and balanced dhatvagni (tissue agni) is required for dhatnirmiti of shukradhatu (creation of reproductive tissue). Obstructing kapha dosha is removed through virechana and the blocked apana vata obstructed by kapha dosha is also relieved by virechana. Common virechana dravyas: mahatiktaghrit, trivrit (leha or churna). If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.